Got my Space Grey iPhone 5S 32GB

Oviraptor

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Today I went to the Verizon store and picked up an iPhone 5S. I am really happy with the iPhone so far, I came from an iPhone 4S, so this is a huge upgrade! I also got a red Apple leather case, but I know it is going to wear. Does anyone know how to prevent wear from happening on the case? :)

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Congrats on the 5S. It's a great device. I'm sure someone will chime in on the red case I have the black case.

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The red leather case is going to show leather wear, it's almost impossible to get around this...one trick some people have show is spraying that sneaker protective leather spray on it before putting it on your iPhone (it's essentially a waterproofing agent, but also repels some oils)...I don't know if it works but some people have reported good results with it.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
To keep it clean and also for sure get off the dirt just use good old saddlesoap and a clean moist sponge. Make sure you let it dry before placing your phone back in like overnight.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Picked up mine a few days ago, it's for my personal line, can't put it down, my daily driver is still my blackberry z10, put I'm considering moving the 5s into that slot.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Today I went to the Verizon store and picked up an iPhone 5S. I am really happy with the iPhone so far, I came from an iPhone 4S, so this is a huge upgrade! I also got a red Apple leather case, but I know it is going to wear. Does anyone know how to prevent wear from happening on the case? :)

Welcome to iMore. Congrats on your new 5S! :)

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Congrats on your new 5s! Leather wears regardless but put a leather protector on it like you would other leather products. That might help some.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Picked up mine a few days ago, it's for my personal line, can't put it down, my daily driver is still my blackberry z10, put I'm considering moving the 5s into that slot.

I have the Z10 as well and my iPhone 5s has taken the #1 spot as my daily driver...SMILE

DarkBlade_95

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Congrats on your new phone! I have the Space Gray phone too, but I got the black case for it. Keeping the red one clean would drive me insane!

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Congrats on your new phone!!! You can spray the case with protectant & use a leather cleaner to remove the dirt but eventually it will still get darker because of the oil from your hands and constant handling.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro