Buy 5s or not?!

bengratzl

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey!

I'm using my 3GS for 4 years. It has not a single scratch since I take care of that phone like its a new one. But it has started to wrong and some issues came. Like the sound quality of the mic and speakers, the screen got some white spots and got some dust under the glass, but these are not my faults since I really take car of this phone (I dropped it like 10 times accidentally in the last 4 years) could buy the 5s now but i'm wondering if I should do that. My plan is to get a phone which will be durable and smooth for the next 4 year again. The question is should I buy it now or wait for the iphone 6? I really dont mind getting a bigger screen as the rumors say I just want a very good, durable and fast phone for common usage. I've read that there are some issues with the 5s like the power button makes some rattling sound, the touch ID is not working properly, random restarts and so on. I know that finding a perfect phone is like impossible but I want a 'perfect' phone because as I said I'm going to use that for the next 4-5 years again.

Thanks in advance

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
If you can hold out until the 6 comes - do it, but the 5S is awesome. They just need to release the 7.1 update because the bugs are getting out of control.

Sent from my Black iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 😊

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
If you can hold out until the 6 comes - do it, but the 5S is awesome. They just need to release the 7.1 update because the bugs are getting out of control.

Really...Wait 10+ months to get the new iPhone?! The 5S is a beast and will be so for quite some time. Definitely worth the upgrade. If your iPhone 3GS is in that great of a condition, you can sell it and off set the cost of the new 5S.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I guess it all depends on whether or not your phone will last the next few months until a new iPhone is released. If yes, then you may want to hold off. If no, then the 5s is a great device to pick up.

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Really...Wait 10+ months to get the new iPhone?! The 5S is a beast and will be so for quite some time. Definitely worth the upgrade. If your iPhone 3GS is in that great of a condition, you can sell it and off set the cost of the new 5S.

I recommended he should get the 5S - it's amazing BUT the bugs in the 5S (restarting, apps not being totally compatible, battery life, motion bugs) are annoying but besides those flaws it's an awesome phone.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I for one don't experience the bugs mentioned the 5s is super solid and coming from the 3gs you will be pleasantly surprised and with the A7 and 64 bit your gonna have a 5 plus years of support use and another 3 easy

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I for one don't experience the bugs mentioned the 5s is super solid and coming from the 3gs you will be pleasantly surprised and with the A7 and 64 bit your gonna have a 5 plus years of support use and another 3 easy

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

I agree.....must be the GOLD. I suggest getting the 5s now and not wating approx 10 months for the iphone 6

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've had zero issues with my 5S. I've had my 5S crash to the point of rebooting but at the time I was purposely trying to push it pass it's limits just to see how much it can handle.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

mark5019

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I recommended he should get the 5S - it's amazing BUT the bugs in the 5S (restarting, apps not being totally compatible, battery life, motion bugs) are annoying but besides those flaws it's an awesome phone.

Sent from my Black iPhone 5S using Tapatalk ��

what bugs my 5s is great

Eli4S

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
It honestly depends on if you think you can wait long enough for the 6 to be released. Personally I have the 5s in space gray and it is a very powerful phone with some great features, I use my phone everyday for a lot of time as well (nerd at heart) and the 5s has yet to let me down and I absolutely love the design. Best of luck on your decision!

leslie haw

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
A big consideration for me on this is screen size. Are you happy with the screen size of the 5s? 6 is rumoured to have even bigger screen. If it's not a consideration then wait no longer! 5s will be good for more than 4 years.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
If you are in the market for an iPhone, get the latest right now .. It's that easy. Unless you know that next phone is coming in a month or so, in which case you should wait.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I think you should wait for the iPhone 6s. Sure it's two years away, but Jony Ive would be the first one to tell you that's it's the best iPhone that Apple's ever made ...

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
If you look hard enough, you'll almost always find reports of hardware problems and software bugs with each new phone release. Chances are, if they do exist, hardware issues would be fixed in subsequent builds, and bugs would be addressed via software updates. If you need a new phone, get it now while it's still new, or you'll be forever waiting for the next one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I would say hold out until the 6 comes out but that's in September, of course. 5s is a great device too though.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I suggest getting the 5S, it's a great phone and will definitely last you another 4 years. I also haven't experienced many of these bugs but I have had a couple reboots but nothing major and touchID works flawlessly for me.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I think the 5S is a great device especially since you plan on keeping it for 4-5yrs.

I haven't experienced any battery issues or motion bugs. On a normal day I get about 8-9hrs usage and at least 20hrs standby and that's with moderate to heavy use...no gaming though. Touch ID works perfectly for me...unlocking the phone and for purchases. The first week or so I experienced app crashes and reboots but once I found the culprit app and deleted it there have been no issues. I think as long as the apps are optimized for iOS7, there will be no issues.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm, I haven't experienced any problems at all. When first launched their were some apps that weren't playing nice with my 5S but all those issues have been resolved. I get great battery life, stable device that's fits great in my pocket. I say get one :) ... Yes the power button does rattle a tad, but really don't see this as a problem as metal power buttons just make a little more noise than plastic.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox