Is iPhone 5s not 4g compatable?

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Is iPhone 5s not 4g compatable? Not all networks have LTE so their fastest speed after 3G is 4G, unless i am wrong and iPhone 5s does support 4g?

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Yep. It does.

(If available) AT&T & T-mobile has LTE then it drops to 4G. Sprint & Verizon have LTE & it drops to 3G. If that makes any sense.

Sent from my Black iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 😊

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
so if a provider has 3g and lte and lets say if it drops from lte down to 3g that means the provider doesn't have 4g?

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
so if a provider has 3g and lte and lets say if it drops from lte down to 3g that means the provider doesn't have 4g?

Well sorta. Sprint has WiMAX (soon to be gone) but the iPhones do not support that. AT&T and T-mobile's 4G is HSPA+ (4G).

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Actually this is an interesting point, very rarely does my 5s connect to my providers 4G, it's either 3G and LTE. My S3 and lumia 920 both connected to 4G frequently...so it exists.

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Me and my uncle are with wind mobile his Samsung galaxy s3 is picking up 4g and my iPhone 5s is picking up 3G why?

If wind mobile has HSPA+ or similar it will connect to 4G if not then 3G is it's back up from LTE (it's just how apple and AT&T/t-mobile configured it).

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
If wind mobile has HSPA+ or similar it will connect to 4G if not then 3G is it's back up from LTE (it's just how apple and AT&T/t-mobile configured it).

Well see another thing is that apple doesn't support wind mobile yet iPhones are capable of working but nothing to the point where apple has them set up for example FaceTime and iMessage with wind mobile will only work via apple id and my uncles Samsung galaxy s3 Samsung has a deal with wind mobile could that be the reason? But I hardly see a iPhone on 4g network well in Canada Atleast.

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Well see another thing is that apple doesn't support wind mobile yet iPhones are capable of working but nothing to the point where apple has them set up for example FaceTime and iMessage with wind mobile will only work via apple id and my uncles Samsung galaxy s3 Samsung has a deal with wind mobile could that be the reason? But I hardly see a iPhone on 4g network well in Canada Atleast.

That could be a reason as well. It's hard to tell though. You'd have to ask the carrier or apple (my suggestion).

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site

If Rogers has LTE in your area there shouldn't be a reason why your iphone wouldn't connect to LTE, but if Rogers is a CDMA network, it won't connect to plain "4G"; like Sprint and Verizon's iPhones won't connect to "4G (WiMAX for sprint). "4G" and "4G LTE" are two different speeds/frequencies.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
But the cell phone company with does have 4g support my uncle has 4g but my iPhone doesn't :/ and i am on their network

Cause AT&T told Apple to add the 4G icon to the status bar when people where using their HSPA+ network. They started that with iOS 5.1 on the 4S & up. Here in Canada HSPA+ & DC-HSDPA will show as 3G on the iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73