Having iCloud issues, games/apps downloaded on iPad won't d/l on iPhone?

budmonster

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Got a few questions about syncing, iCloud, etc.

Just got my iPhone so I'm new to iCloud and what not. I purchased Ski Safari on the iPad for my son. iCloud is turned on both on the iPad and my iPhone. I noticded the some apps/games I purchase through iTunes on my iPad will automatically download on my iPhone. Is that due to iCloud? Anyways, Ski Safari was purchased on the iPad, but it's not installed on my iPhone? When I go in the app store on my iPhone it doesn't show up under purchased it still says $0.99. This iCloud stuff is confusing me. Some things download right away and some dont.

Here is an example, some screenshots of a free game that was downloaded on the iPad. It started download on the iPhone but I guess stopped, it just says "waiting". It's also designed for both iPad and iPhone. You can see the stop button, it doesn't install. This is the issue I'm having with all downloads now.

013f5652050396287e140cabd2421511ba9b5d070a.jpg01772c1c59954986d47c3e1d5801f0b5629e09c248.jpg

Thanks for your help.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
It's got nothing to do with iCloud. It's that u are using the same Apple ID for both devices. You must have automatic downloads turned on in the settings so when u dl an app on one device, it will auto download on the other when on wi-fi. And charging you for the app means that one was free for the iPhone and the iPad version is paid. Happens some times. Developers may charge for one device and not the other.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1388723442.839462.jpg

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Got a few questions about syncing, iCloud, etc.
Okay. I'll try to help.

Just got my iPhone so I'm new to iCloud and what not. I purchased Ski Safari on the iPad for my son. iCloud is turned on both on the iPad and my iPhone. I noticded the some apps/games I purchase through iTunes on my iPad will automatically download on my iPhone. Is that due to iCloud?
Is the same Apple ID used on both devices in regard to the iTunes & App Store? If so, then It is more likely because you have "automatic downloads of apps" enabled.
Anyways, Ski Safari was purchased on the iPad, but it's not installed on my iPhone? When I go in the app store on my iPhone it doesn't show up under purchased it still says $0.99.
Not all iOS apps are considered universal so it is possible that there is a separate iPad and iPhone version of the app.
This iCloud stuff is confusing me. Some things download right away and some dont.
restoring items to your device will always be faster via Wi-Fi so if you leave your home, it is possible that the restoration is halted or slowed until you reconnect to Wi-Fi. I don't know your situation so I'm only speculating b

Here is an example, some screenshots of a free game that was downloaded on the iPad. It started download on the iPhone but I guess stopped, it just says "waiting". It's also designed for both iPad and iPhone. You can see the stop button, it doesn't install. This is the issue I'm having with all downloads now.

View attachment 45341View attachment 45342

Thanks for your help.
it happens sometime. Usually, deleting the app and then manually reinstalling it helps.

budmonster

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
It's got nothing to do with iCloud. It's that u are using the same Apple ID for both devices. You must have automatic downloads turned on in the settings so when u dl an app on one device, it will auto download on the other when on wi-fi. And charging you for the app means that one was free for the iPhone and the iPad version is paid. Happens some times. Developers may charge for one device and not the other.

View attachment 45343

In that screenshot you posted, everything is checked.

About charging for the app on my iPhone when I purchased it on my iPad...For some reason (this is an example) Ski Safari said $0.99 on my iPhone even though it was bought and purchased on my iPad. I was waiting for it to automatically be installed onto the iPhone like apps/game usually do. Anyways, I clicked on the $0.99 to buy it again, I don't mind, but a popup came up and said "You have already purchased this item. To download it again for free, select OK. You can update this software for free. Would you like to update?". I clicked OK and it installs? Usually I see a cloud with an arrow on apps/games that I've purchased already. Also, when I go into App Store > Updates > Purchased, I don't see the Ski Safari app in the "All" section or "Not on This iPhone" section. Something is wrong with the iPad - iPhone sync.

Say I d/l an app/game on my iPad (which is always on WiFi) does the iPhone have to be on WiFi too for it to automatically download the app/game also? Sometimes I have the phone on 4G.

budmonster

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Okay. I'll try to help.

Is the same Apple ID used on both devices in regard to the iTunes & App Store? If so, then It is more likely because you have "automatic downloads of apps" enabled. Not all iOS apps are considered universal so it is possible that there is a separate iPad and iPhone version of the app. restoring items to your device will always be faster via Wi-Fi so if you leave your home, it is possible that the restoration is halted or slowed until you reconnect to Wi-Fi. I don't know your situation so I'm only speculating b

it happens sometime. Usually, deleting the app and then manually reinstalling it helps.

I just replied to rdiddy's comment above. I do have both wifi on my ipad and iphone. I tried it again just now. I deleted Safar Ski, and few others for a test. I downloaded Ski Safari again, downloaded fine on my iPad but nothing downloaded on my iPhone? This is driving me nuts. Both devices have Updates turned on to Auto. Do both devices need to be in use for both to get the same app/game? My iPhone was on while Ski Safari was downloading on my iPad, I just wasn't using it. But that shouldnt matter, phone was still on, idle but had wifi on too.

Is there a guide on iCloud somewhere, one you can recommend. I'm confused on backups, what is actually stored, where its stored, etc. For example, I have AirVideo HD on my iPad (steaming movies from pc to ipad), when I go into iCloud it says that AirVideo would be a 12GB backup? I dont understand that, I dont even have any movies on my iPad. Another confusion is that I downloaded that Hugo movie, from that app that gives you 12 free apps from the store during the holidays. Anyways, I downloaded it, it was like 4GB. How do I delete it, I installed the iCould PC application, etc. I dont see Hugo anywhere. And my iPhone stills says 4.8 of 5GB free for iCloud.

I new coming from Android would be rough but geez, Its like learning a new lang.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2