Is there a setting for call waiting?

mark5019

May 2, 2013
Visit site
is there a setting to let me know theres another call coming in?

its showing on but no notice for me to hear

and thank you for being patient with me im new to these phones

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
is there a setting to let me know theres another call coming in?
No, but can you not hear the tone you get when someone else is calling while you're on the phone?

its showing on but no notice for me to hear
What is showing on?

and thank you for being patient with me im new to these phones
You're very welcome...:)

mark5019

May 2, 2013
Visit site
i go to settings call waiting it shows button green so its active but no tone when i get a call when im on phone

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Glad you worked it out, out of curiosity what path on YOUR phone to use to get to thisn setting? Normally when you are on a phone call you will simply hear a dull type tone broken up letting you know someone is calling. If you look when you hear it you will have options to take it or let it go.

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Glad you worked it out, out of curiosity what path on YOUR phone to use to get to thisn setting? Normally when you are on a phone call you will simply hear a dull type tone broken up letting you know someone is calling. If you look when you hear it you will have options to take it or let it go.

Settings > Phone, but depending on carrier you'd have to enable it from your carrier's website or call them.

Sent from my Black iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 😊

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Why would you want to. This is a carrier feature that just about every carrier I know includes call waiting in their standard package and i am not referring to data package, I mean the regular features package you receive when you get the phone and setup your contract. AT&T, VZW, Sprint and even T-Mo has call waiting and those are your major carriers. I have never seen this setting on a phone.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Why would you want to. This is a carrier feature that just about every carrier I know includes call waiting in their standard package and i am not referring to data package, I mean the regular features package you receive when you get the phone and setup your contract. AT&T, VZW, Sprint and even T-Mo has call waiting and those are your major carriers. I have never seen this setting on a phone.

Settings -> phone
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388889731.630093.jpg

Call waiting
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388889770.285296.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

Yep, call waiting is a regular feature. I don't even think it's an option you can shut off since you could just ignore it, right? Anyways, you've mentioned all US carriers and the post below yours with the pictures shows Bell 3G as the carrier. Bell is a Canadian carrier so Canadian features maybe different.

Sent from my iPhone 5s on VZW from Philly

mark5019

May 2, 2013
Visit site

settings, phone, then you see call waiting the notice sounds low thats why i missed it hearing it while in a conversation

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Yep, call waiting is a regular feature. I don't even think it's an option you can shut off since you could just ignore it, right? Anyways, you've mentioned all US carriers and the post below yours with the pictures shows Bell 3G as the carrier. Bell is a Canadian carrier so Canadian features maybe different.

Sent from my iPhone 5s on VZW from Philly
Well after seeing the screenshot and knowing that Bell is a Canadian carrier it would appear so. I have never seen it as you noted that I mentioned the Big 4 US carriers, They all have call waiting as a standard feature so you just have it and never think about it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4