is there a setting to let me know theres another call coming in?

its showing on but no notice for me to hear

and thank you for being patient with me im new to these phones
    01-02-2014 08:40 PM
    is there a setting to let me know theres another call coming in?
    No, but can you not hear the tone you get when someone else is calling while you're on the phone?

its showing on but no notice for me to hear
    What is showing on?

and thank you for being patient with me im new to these phones
    You're very welcome...
    01-02-2014 08:50 PM
    i go to settings call waiting it shows button green so its active but no tone when i get a call when im on phone
    01-02-2014 09:12 PM
    i go to settings call waiting it shows button green so its active but no tone when i get a call when im on phone
    I'm sorry, but I don't have such a setting.
    mark5019 likes this.
    01-02-2014 09:53 PM
    I'm sorry, but I don't have such a setting.
    settings, phone call waiting sliders green so its on
    01-02-2014 10:05 PM
    It's not on mine either, but according to this it depends on carriers. iPhone: Understanding phone features
    mark5019 likes this.
    01-02-2014 10:06 PM
    ok im on at%t ill ask them thank you
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    01-02-2014 10:14 PM
    Well it works soundsow so its easy to miss
    01-03-2014 04:19 PM
    Glad you worked it out, out of curiosity what path on YOUR phone to use to get to thisn setting? Normally when you are on a phone call you will simply hear a dull type tone broken up letting you know someone is calling. If you look when you hear it you will have options to take it or let it go.
    01-04-2014 04:39 PM
    Glad you worked it out, out of curiosity what path on YOUR phone to use to get to thisn setting? Normally when you are on a phone call you will simply hear a dull type tone broken up letting you know someone is calling. If you look when you hear it you will have options to take it or let it go.
    Settings > Phone, but depending on carrier you'd have to enable it from your carrier's website or call them.

Sent from my Black iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 😊
    01-04-2014 06:02 PM
    Why would you want to. This is a carrier feature that just about every carrier I know includes call waiting in their standard package and i am not referring to data package, I mean the regular features package you receive when you get the phone and setup your contract. AT&T, VZW, Sprint and even T-Mo has call waiting and those are your major carriers. I have never seen this setting on a phone.
    serglb likes this.
    01-04-2014 09:21 PM
    Why would you want to. This is a carrier feature that just about every carrier I know includes call waiting in their standard package and i am not referring to data package, I mean the regular features package you receive when you get the phone and setup your contract. AT&T, VZW, Sprint and even T-Mo has call waiting and those are your major carriers. I have never seen this setting on a phone.
    Settings -> phone
    Is there a setting for call waiting?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1388889731.630093.jpg

Call waiting
    Is there a setting for call waiting?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1388889770.285296.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk
    01-04-2014 09:43 PM
    Yep, call waiting is a regular feature. I don't even think it's an option you can shut off since you could just ignore it, right? Anyways, you've mentioned all US carriers and the post below yours with the pictures shows Bell 3G as the carrier. Bell is a Canadian carrier so Canadian features maybe different.

Sent from my iPhone 5s on VZW from Philly
    01-05-2014 01:47 AM

settings, phone, then you see call waiting the notice sounds low thats why i missed it hearing it while in a conversation
    01-05-2014 08:21 AM
    Yep, call waiting is a regular feature. I don't even think it's an option you can shut off since you could just ignore it, right? Anyways, you've mentioned all US carriers and the post below yours with the pictures shows Bell 3G as the carrier. Bell is a Canadian carrier so Canadian features maybe different.

Sent from my iPhone 5s on VZW from Philly
    Well after seeing the screenshot and knowing that Bell is a Canadian carrier it would appear so. I have never seen it as you noted that I mentioned the Big 4 US carriers, They all have call waiting as a standard feature so you just have it and never think about it.
    01-05-2014 04:14 PM