Email still showing unread count after reading the messages.

DucmanVino

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
This is very annoying to say the least. Always check my email thru my phone after inbox is all read and moved. I still get 2 unread mail when the inbox is actually clear. anyone else getting this error? i.e Icon on the home scree showing 2 ???

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Maybe they're older emails that haven't been read. On a computer, mark all emails as read, should solve your problem

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
This has happened to me a few times and its extremely annoying! For some reason the unread emails weren't showing up on my phone but when I checked on the computer they were there. I had to delete the account and add it back...haven't had any issues since. Good Luck!!!

jonfran21

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
What's the domain? I have this problem a lot in my Yahoo Mail account. I will read all messages and it says no unread messages but the icon will still show 1-2 unread messages. If I sign onto the website, there is 1-2 or whatever the number is unread messages. It's as if the phone thinks they are read but fails to properly communicate this to the Yahoo mail server. It happened a lot with my Droid as well before I switched.

Are you using stock mail app or Yahoo mail app or another app?

Dwood1970

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Check to make sure you don't have a message left unread in a thread of messages. I had this problem and that's what it was.

Wlctttrue

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I have this problem a lot. I also have yahoo mail account. The only solution is what NikkiSharif has said. I plug it in to the computer to erase it.

DucmanVino

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
using yahoo. as I've said it annoys the bejesus out of me
What's the domain? I have this problem a lot in my Yahoo Mail account. I will read all messages and it says no unread messages but the icon will still show 1-2 unread messages. If I sign onto the website, there is 1-2 or whatever the number is unread messages. It's as if the phone thinks they are read but fails to properly communicate this to the Yahoo mail server. It happened a lot with my Droid as well before I switched.

Are you using stock mail app or Yahoo mail app or another app?

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
This has been happening to me as well, except mine does it when I go to "edit" and mark all of them as read. It'll show that it's "read" when I go back under edit but the notification number will still be there and there will still be the bubble next to the email as if it's new. I just have to do it twice and it clears.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S

samsmith726

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Are you still experiencing this issue? I had a similar problem when I would sync my gmail account to my iphone, I would get a large number of unread emails notifications, yet I wouldn't see these unread emails on my phone or on gmail on a computer.

Solution: went to my gmail account on my computer, went to the menu bar on the left of the screen (reads from top to bottom: Inbox, Starred, Important, etc). When you hover your mouse over 'Inbox', a little drop down menu arrow will appear. I clicked that and selected 'Unread First'. This showed about 80-90 emails that were from years past and unread. Deleted all those emails and the notification went away.

Sorry if that was long winded, hope it helps!

deadhead509

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
none of this has worked for me ! it still says i have 3 unread emails and i have done ALL of thee above things ! getting really frustrated !!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711