hi
    i give iphone 5s sprint and i want to unlock it but i dont know how...
    can i unlock factory it?
    does any gevey work on it?
    please help me.
    because i dont have any way to return it right now and i'm not at us ....
    12-31-2013 03:14 PM
    It should be unlocked out of the box. Try using another sim card in the phone.
    12-31-2013 03:16 PM
    It should be unlocked out of the box. Try using another sim card in the phone.
    Actually, no... Sprint devices are locked... And it's up to Sprint to unlock them. Gevey may or may not work... and 3rd party services are at your own risk.
    12-31-2013 03:21 PM
    I read here on iMore that the Verizon and Sprint iPhone's starting from the iPhone 5 come unlocked.
    12-31-2013 03:23 PM
    I read here on iMore that the Verizon and Sprint iPhone's starting from the iPhone 5 come unlocked.
    Verizon yes... Sprint... Not so much.
    iOS Gravity and EmceeGeek like this.
    12-31-2013 03:26 PM
    Thanks.
    12-31-2013 03:26 PM
    hi
    i give iphone 5s sprint and i want to unlock it but i dont know how...
    can i unlock factory it?
    does any gevey work on it?
    please help me.
    because i dont have any way to return it right now and i'm not at us ....
    From what I understand, Sprint just refuses to unlock any phone.
    12-31-2013 03:54 PM
    They do refuse. It's crazy.

Sent from my Black iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 😊
    12-31-2013 04:10 PM
    They are the worst network in America. Even T-Mobile is better than them now. Not to offend anyone.
    Last edited by galaxyboy; 12-31-2013 at 10:25 PM.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    12-31-2013 04:18 PM
    TMo may be Sprint soon.
    serglb likes this.
    12-31-2013 05:21 PM
    Wow!!! As bad as their service is, you would think they'd bend over backwards to help out a customer SMH

TMo may be Sprint soon.
    I hope not. I don't think Americans deserves that sort of punishment but I guess you get what you pay for
    12-31-2013 10:13 PM
    Wow!!! As bad as their service is, you would think they'd bend over backwards to help out a customer SMH
    Not that I necessarily agree with their policy, but why would they "help out" a customer to leave their service. That makes no business sense.
    12-31-2013 10:24 PM
    Sprint has been cool for me here in Philly and wherever I've traveled in the last 4 years. Big improvement in LTE coverage since July when it went live.
    When I got my 5S on Sept 24. No LTE in my house. On Oct 31 it was there.
    I've never had a problem with Sprint.
    bobbob1016, anon4757448 and taz323 like this.
    12-31-2013 10:27 PM
    LTE is spotty as hell in Orlando. Show good signal and LTE but no data at all

But back to the topic at hand. Sprint told me that they absolutely will not under any circumstances unlock any iPhone for domestic use. So no Sprint iPhone on TMO, AT&T, Metro, or Verizon. Even if I pay full price. They did tell me that they will unlock it for international use TEMPORALLY.

Sent from my Nokia 6185 using Tapatalk
    01-01-2014 12:19 AM
    They are the worst network in America. Even T-Mobile is better than them now. Not to offend anyone.
    I like Sprint, but it's not offensive. I actually get good signal, and LTE most of where I am. Had I been on 3g, then yes, I wouldn't like them. I get their service with a discount, so Sprint unlimited 450+Spotify+StarStarMe= < $90. If I went to TMo exclusively, I'd go up at least 15 or so bucks.

Actually, no... Sprint devices are locked... And it's up to Sprint to unlock them. Gevey may or may not work... and 3rd party services are at your own risk.
    Is it advised to use a Vanilla Visa to get those services? That's what I did to get my Lumia unlocked.
    01-01-2014 07:55 AM
    how can i tell sprint to unlock it?
    it's new, and i'm not at US. when i turned on it, understood that it's lock.
    and i dont have any way to return it and i have to unlock it....
    01-02-2014 06:10 AM
    how can i tell sprint to unlock it?
    it's new, and i'm not at US. when i turned on it, understood that it's lock.
    and i dont have any way to return it and i have to unlock it....
    Sprint doesn't unlock phones.
    01-02-2014 06:27 AM
    Sprint doesn't unlock phones.
    you say that i buy iPod...
    does any 3party unlock it?
    01-02-2014 06:59 AM
    you say that i buy iPod...
    does any 3party unlock it?
    I've never seen a third party unlock for Sprint.
    01-02-2014 08:05 AM
    I've never seen a third party unlock for Sprint.
    gevey, world wide unlock, jailbreak, ... any solution?
    01-02-2014 08:16 AM
    Sprint only unlocks their CDMA/GSM phones over the air (OTA) while registered on their network. Of course certain criteria have to be met etc.
    Obviously if you bought your phone with a subsidy or on contract you'd have to meet a duration of service/contract requirement before they'll unlock.

*Important to note:
    By default, Sprint locks out the GSM portion of their phones from domestic carriers like AT&T and T-Mobile etc. If and when unlocked, their phones will work fine with any international carrier/SIM.
    01-07-2014 11:35 AM
    I have to say that I have Sprint and have no problem with their service either. They even worked with me while I was out of work sick and couldn't pay my bill. So far no complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    serglb likes this.
    01-08-2014 08:24 AM
    Why is the assumption I'm leaving their service? I travel internationally for business and it's ridiculous they won't unlock so I can use local sim abroad. They are still getting their monthly rate regardless?
    01-08-2014 08:54 AM
    Yes I have used Evasi0n for unlock my iphone. This tool has so many advantages compare with Apple app store. Because after i have jailbroken my device, it consist both App Store and cydia.

Cydia is a third party application developed by Saurik. I have used Cydia installer to download jailbreak tool. This tool guided me to take Evasi0n. Also Cydia has thousands of free best applications, specially i like to themes. Apple not provided me to themes. I have installed many lovely themes to my device.

Now i have experience with unlocking and jailbreaking. If any matter PM me
    Mzvenus and Lex74 like this.
    01-08-2014 10:09 AM
    Yes I have used Evasi0n for unlock my iphone. This tool has so many advantages compare with Apple app store. Because after i have jailbroken my device, it consist both App Store and cydia.

Cydia is a third party application developed by Saurik. I have used Cydia installer to download jailbreak tool. This tool guided me to take Evasi0n. Also Cydia has thousands of free best applications, specially i like to themes. Apple not provided me to themes. I have installed many lovely themes to my device.

Now i have experience with unlocking and jailbreaking. If any matter PM me
    Unlocking and jailbreaking are separate concepts - one can unlock without having anything to do with jailbreak... one can also jailbreak and have a locked phone.
    01-08-2014 10:17 AM
78 123 ...