I have one in the Baltimore area with spotty LTE service but can't complain as no major problems have ever arisen. I have had Sprint unlock two devices in the past for me but the device needs to be active on an account for 90 days, you must be in good standing with them and you can only have one unlocked per year. I hardly ever keep a phone active for more then 90 days so I doubt mine will ever get unlcoked
    01-08-2014 02:02 PM
    They are the worst network in America. Even T-Mobile is better than them now. Not to offend anyone.
    I would assume this is your own personal opinion about Sprint?
    To the OP I believe that if you buy off contract and pay full retail one of our other Mods said she paid full retail from VZW and it came unlocked. I don't think and YES this is a guess that VZW does not routinely unlock their phone on contract unless you call and ask. Like I said on thins one I could be mistaken and I have never been interested enough to take another CDMA carrier sim to find out.
    01-08-2014 02:13 PM
    I would assume this is your own personal opinion about Sprint?
    To the OP I believe that if you buy off contract and pay full retail one of our other Mods said she paid full retail from VZW and it came unlocked. I don't think and YES this is a guess that VZW does not routinely unlock their phone on contract unless you call and ask. Like I said on thins one I could be mistaken and I have never been interested enough to take another CDMA carrier sim to find out.
    CDMA does not use SIMs. The CDMA side of the phone is always locked to the carrier.
    The GSM side of the 5/5S can be locked or unlocked. Due to a condition imposed by federal regulators, Verizon must sell the GSM unlocked regardless of whether the phone is subsidized.
    Sprint however has no such condition and they lock the GSM side. If you are a customer in good standing for for at least 90 days they may unlock the SIM for international use only. I've never heard of Sprint unlocking the SIM for use on another domestic carrier.
    01-08-2014 04:33 PM
    Well the FCC and CTIA came to an agreement that the 4 major carriers would unlock the phones for domestic use, when certain criteria are met. Unfortunately, they have up to a year to get it done.

CDMA does not use SIMs. The CDMA side of the phone is always locked to the carrier.
    The GSM side of the 5/5S can be locked or unlocked. Due to a condition imposed by federal regulators, Verizon must sell the GSM unlocked regardless of whether the phone is subsidized.
    Sprint however has no such condition and they lock the GSM side. If you are a customer in good standing for for at least 90 days they may unlock the SIM for international use only. I've never heard of Sprint unlocking the SIM for use on another domestic carrier.
    01-20-2014 12:58 AM
    CDMA phones DO use SIM cards to access the LTE network. This is why all LTE capable CDMA phones now have SIM card slots.

This is also why the current iPads will work on GSM/CDMA networks just by swapping sims.
    01-20-2014 03:00 AM
    Hi, I have gotten an iphone 5s from sprint. I wonder if is there anyway to unlock it right now. I don't care if i have to use third parties such as gevey, turbo sim, etc. Who knows???
    01-26-2014 01:00 AM
    Hi, I have gotten an iphone 5s from sprint. I wonder if is there anyway to unlock it right now. I don't care if i have to use third parties such as gevey, turbo sim, etc. Who knows???
    Only way to unlock is through Sprint, and they use an unconventional OTA method. Gevey and or Turbo SIM or unlock websites will not work.
    01-26-2014 10:56 AM
    TMo may be Sprint soon.
    No, no they won't.
    01-27-2014 12:40 PM
    From what I understand, Sprint just refuses to unlock any phone.
    You understand incorrectly.
    01-27-2014 12:41 PM
    Sprint doesn't unlock phones.
    Yes, Sprint WILL unlock phones but RARELY do. MY former boss, a big exec for a marketing firm here in Portland managed to ***** his way to higher ups and they approved it. Outside of him I have read that others have managed to do the same but it is extremely rare.
    01-27-2014 12:44 PM
    hi .I bought my iPhone 5s sprint but I can not unlock.I use r-sim 9 pro but all efforts failed.I ask you to show me a way out of this issue.I'm waiting for an answer from you.Help me please
    02-09-2014 05:00 PM
    As far as I know when they unlock they only doing it for international carriers not domestic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-10-2014 02:09 PM
    Yes and even though you have to be lucky to receive this kind of unlock ;-)
    Marek
    FlyUnlock.com
    They were willing to unlock my 4S for me pretty easily. I asked them to do it online via chat and when I spoke to the international team they were going to do it for me but since it wasn't for domestic I said forget it.

02-10-2014 02:20 PM
    It is definitely a little easier if you are the original owner. But I doubt they would do it via chat. But maybe that they have changed the policy with the beginning of new year.
    This was actually when the 5S came out I was going to sell my 4S and the person wanted it unlocked. They definitely were going to do it via online chat. I don't think international unlock is a big deal for them. Domestic unlock I think is the thing you have to jump through hoops and be lucky for

02-10-2014 04:05 PM
    Do not one method?
    02-11-2014 12:28 PM
    Do not one method?
    huh?….Please ask again, but ask it in a different manner.
    02-11-2014 08:55 PM
    huh?….Please ask again, but ask it in a different manner.
    Do not have a method to unlock iphone 5s sprint?
    02-12-2014 04:54 AM
    Do not have a method to unlock iphone 5s sprint?
    Outside of God's will and wishes, the answer seems to be no.
    haqverdiyevm likes this.
    02-12-2014 10:11 AM
    Outside of God's will and wishes, the answer seems to be no.
    do will find in the near future one method?
    02-12-2014 01:29 PM
    Only way is through sprint. No way around it

02-12-2014 03:05 PM
    The unfortunate truth that none of us want to tell you is that you're essentially screwed. Living outside of America, you've got about a 0% chance that Sprint will unlock it for you and the 3rd-party solutions don't seem feasible. Sorry, but you've got a really beautifully made paperweight.
    02-13-2014 11:11 AM
    The unfortunate truth that none of us want to tell you is that you're essentially screwed. Living outside of America, you've got about a 0% chance that Sprint will unlock it for you and the 3rd-party solutions don't seem feasible. Sorry, but you've got a really beautifully made paperweight.
    Do not ever hope?
    02-13-2014 05:28 PM
    Do not ever hope?
    I do hope, but I try not to beat dead horses.
    02-13-2014 10:13 PM
    Is there new news?
    02-22-2014 11:45 AM
    Is there new news?
    No. Sorry.
    02-22-2014 12:07 PM
78 1234