how to set home page

mark5019

May 2, 2013
Visit site
on droid i could set page that would open when i opened my browser, i dont see that option in navigator.
am i missing a setting or?

Megan Blok

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
on droid i could set page that would open when i opened my browser, i dont see that option in navigator.
am i missing a setting or?

If you hit the share button in safari you see an option to add to home screen. It will then look like an app on the home screen when you tap it will open the specified page.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5s 

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
He is asking how to set a home page on the browser on safari so the same page opens when you launch Safari.... Not adding a site to one of your home screen panels. I do not believe you can but I think if you have a page open and DO NOT clear cookies or history in settings, When you open the browser the next time that last page would open and that is a guess as i have not tried it. I tend to clear my cookies and history each time I finish using my browser.

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
There is no "Home Screen" setting for iOS Safari or iOS Chrome. If I remember correctly, as it is written in the launching coding for each of the apps, adding the custom home page caused performance issues when hyperlinks were activated from other apps if either Safari or Chrome were already closed. This was a discussion I read some time ago so there may be more to it, but I do know the setting isn't possible (as I can see on my device).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73