Anybody figure this out? I can use Siri to create the reminder but it doesn't create the location part of it. I have to annually go into the reminders app and edit the reminder Siri just created and set up the location. However, if I ask Siri to remind me to do something when I get home it works fine. The results are the same even if I have the location in question in my address book. If I create the reminder via the reminders app, it works perfectly. When I get to the location section, the map opens up and shows the location similar to Google Now. It just won't work with Siri. I've read several other threads online about this issue and so far I can't find a solution other than waiting for a software update hoping for a fix.
    12-29-2013 03:12 PM
    I think I understand what you are talking about and if not please excuse me but are you saying that if you say to Siri to remind you to do 'Whatever' when you get to a location it will create the reminder but not the location? If this is true in what you said, I don't think it would despite you say that you can go into the reminder to edit it and essentially put in the location? Is this right? I could not picture how that would work. I of course understand the typical reminders like when I get home remind me of this etc. so what happens when you do edit it and what do toy put in?

Sorry I really could not be any help but I would like to know myself even though I don't use Siri that much for this type of thing anyway. I just use the Reminder app a Lot and put in a specific time if I have to but not a location. I use my maps for that.
    12-29-2013 03:32 PM
    HSiri has to know details about the location in your profile. For example asking Siri to create this location based reminder won't work:

Remind to text my wife when I get to the empire state building.

If you have an address for work defined this will work:

Remind me to Text my wife to go to the cleaners when I get to work.
    12-29-2013 04:42 PM
    It doesn't work even if the address is listed in contacts. Siri simply will not create the place for the location based reminder. No matter what. Like I said, Siri creates the reminder word for word. But I have to manually go into the reminders app and edit that reminder to add the location. Whether or not the specified location is in contacts. This is the case for everywhere EXCEPT home. If I set a reminder for when I get home, it works every time.
    01-01-2014 03:26 PM
    HSiri has to know details about the location in your profile. For example asking Siri to create this location based reminder won't work:

Remind to text my wife when I get to the empire state building.

If you have an address for work defined this will work:

Remind me to Text my wife to go to the cleaners when I get to work.
    Sorry but it doesn't work for anything but home or work. Even if you have the specified address in contacts. I've tried it numerous times. Go ahead. Ask Siri to remind you to get something the next time your at walmart (or whatever). She will create the reminder but you won't get the notification unless you manually edit that reminder. Try it.
    01-01-2014 03:28 PM
    I agree with you. Siri won't create a reminder for other than home or work.
    01-01-2014 07:05 PM
    It seems odd that Siri will create the reminder itself but unless I edit the reminder and manually enter the location, the reminder will not go off. The odd part is that while editing the reminder, when I type the location in the search bar in maps, it finds the location perfectly every time. There just seems to be a disconnect between Siri and Apple maps. If they could fix that, Siri could probably set the reminder and it would work great.
    01-03-2014 12:14 AM