I'm on my 4th iPhone 5s & it, too, randomly reboots.

jasonprice

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
The phone should stop charging when it gets to 100% and will actually drop a few percent before charging again. It could just be that you are catching it in that window. Often times I will pick up my phone in the morning and its at 99%. I dont think its anything to worry about.

Thanks SeanHRCC....but i havent installed the Facebook ap on the last 2

Also.....when i charge my phone at night alot of times I it says it charged to 99% and not 100%

MikhailT

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Wait for the iOS 7.1 release, don't do anything time-exhaustive until then.

iOS 7.1 should be a major improvement for you when it comes out. We've already gotten several confirmed reports that it pretty much killed many of the crashes and improve the memory issues in Safari in addition to the in-app browser in other apps. The rendering engine in Safari is eating memory badly on 64-bit devices, so it is causing some apps to crash as it runs out of memory to keep operating.

Any apps that uses the in-app browser (UIWebView) would be affected, including Facebook as soon as the browser was opened. So, that's why you're still seeing the issues regardless of which app you installed.

nabans

Banned
Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
It began happening with me and I got used to it because logically speaking, you can't do anything until the next update comes out. If you try to do anything (or being smart) you might end up making your phone dead, so better, use it till the next update comes out. I always have alternatives like right now I'm using my GS3 and not the iPad Air (yes GS3 is good enough and functions as per my expectations).

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It began happening with me and I got used to it because logically speaking, you can't do anything until the next update comes out. If you try to do anything (or being smart) you might end up making your phone dead, so better, use it till the next update comes out. I always have alternatives like right now I'm using my GS3 and not the iPad Air (yes GS3 is good enough and functions as per my expectations).

Nothing he does is going to make his iPhone "dead"...I'm not even sure what this means, or that you understand what you're implying. Given he's had this issue on 4 different new iPhone's, this is almost certainly a software issue from one of his apps, and back tracking and trying to isolate the issue might be the only way he EVER experiences the performance most people get on their iOS devices.

Lastly, every device I've ever bought from Apple has performed beyond my expectations, so I'm not exactly sure what you were attempting to imply with your very last comment, but again, if you're having troubles with your product, crossing your fingers that a firmware update will solve all your woes is a bit of an asinine way to approach it, because chances are, it won't.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Nothing he does is going to make his iPhone "dead"...I'm not even sure what this means, or that you understand what you're implying. Given he's had this issue on 4 different new iPhone's, this is almost certainly a software issue from one of his apps, and back tracking and trying to isolate the issue might be the only way he EVER experiences the performance most people get on their iOS devices.

Lastly, every device I've ever bought from Apple has performed beyond my expectations, so I'm not exactly sure what you were attempting to imply with your very last comment, but again, if you're having troubles with your product, crossing your fingers that a firmware update will solve all your woes is a bit of an asinine way to approach it, because chances are, it won't.

Or, it could very well be a bug in the OS. I don't think removing and installing one app at a time will make a difference. I look at it as proof that because it's happened on four phones, it's a problem with the OS.

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Or, it could very well be a bug in the OS. I don't think removing and installing one app at a time will make a difference. I look at it as proof that because it's happened on four phones, it's a problem with the OS.

It has happened to 4 phones that he's had. It can't be a bug in the OS or this would be a widespread issue. If it were 1 phone maybe the OS would be the problem, but I don't think Apple has buggy phones sitting to the side just waiting for him to pick them up.

It's only logical that it's something from an app. Yes removing and installing one app at a time will be very time consuming but I think it'll get to the bottom of it.

What do you suggest if he goes to get a 5th phone and the same thing happens?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nabans

Banned
Dec 29, 2013
Visit site

It is better not to use the iPhone as a crap like other phones (sorry I don't like others as much as Apple) or you might end up burning your money. Also instead of wasting hours by deleting apps and then reinstalling it and as briankbart1 mentioned that he has this problem in his brand new mobile phone, I consider it an OS bug/issue. Also I'm following the Apple by not being smart, just be simple.

I agree with NexusGirlX to wait till the next update comes in.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
It has happened to 4 phones that he's had. It can't be a bug in the OS or this would be a widespread issue. If it were 1 phone maybe the OS would be the problem, but I don't think Apple has buggy phones sitting to the side just waiting for him to pick them up.

It's only logical that it's something from an app. Yes removing and installing one app at a time will be very time consuming but I think it'll get to the bottom of it.

What do you suggest if he goes to get a 5th phone and the same thing happens?

I bet it would happen if he exchanged the phone ten times if the store was insane enough to allow that.

There are reports saying that 7.1 fixes all these crashes.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It is better not to use the iPhone as a crap like other phones (sorry I don't like others as much as Apple) or you might end up burning your money. Also instead of wasting hours by deleting apps and then reinstalling it and as briankbart1 mentioned that he has this problem in his brand new mobile phone, I consider it an OS bug/issue. Also I'm following the Apple by not being smart, just be simple.

I agree with NexusGirlX to wait till the next update comes in.

I have no idea what half of your post even means, but to address your comment about wasting hours deleting apps...not really much of a waste if you actually figure out which app is causing this issue, and you're able to pinpoint this information not only for yourself, but also for the company who makes the app (so you can give them feedback and perhaps get an update from them as well).

You can consider this whatever you want. If this was truly an iOS/OS bug/issue (as you called it), it'd be reflected by A LOT more people.

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea what half of your post even means, but to address your comment about wasting hours deleting apps...not really much of a waste if you actually figure out which app is causing this issue, and you're able to pinpoint this information not only for yourself, but also for the company who makes the app (so you can give them feedback and perhaps get an update from them as well).

You can consider this whatever you want. If this was truly an iOS/OS bug/issue (as you called it), it'd be reflected by A LOT more people.

Exactly!

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I bet it would happen if he exchanged the phone ten times if the store was insane enough to allow that.

There are reports saying that 7.1 fixes all these crashes.

Yeah you're probably right. He exchanges his phone 10 times and he keeps having the same problem...it can't possibly be something he's putting on his phone. Yep, that makes a ton of sense.

Let me ask you: do you know the difference between a crash and a reboot?

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

Exactly. If it was OS related, it would happen to other people too. I say that you look in the Diagnostic and Usage settings to see which app has the most error reports. That's the best place to start.

briankbart1

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I read a thread that if you do not turn off reduce motion then you wont have the problem.....I turned it back on and no issues......my battery life is even better....very strange! I am hoping that this is fixed....my other thought was that it was my nike fuelband, which i have not paired witht his phone yet....but the phone was rebooting / repringing / whatever you want to call it after i got it from the store......But every since I switched reduce motin back to original setting it good to go!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly. If it was OS related, it would happen to other people too. I say that you look in the Diagnostic and Usage settings to see which app has the most error reports. That's the best place to start.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
What if you reset the device as new, and don't install ANY apps for a few hours, or even a day if you can. See if it reboots then. More than likely it won't; start to install apps slowly and see what happens. More than likely it is an app issue...

PS: I've not read all the responses before post.

khobia2

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
My 5s just started doing the same thing while in FB. So not sure it is iOS 7 or FB. I betting phone software needs an upgrade. Noticing more random crashes overall in my first month with this phone than a whole year + with my 4S. Get 7.1 right Apple.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
My 5s just started doing the same thing while in FB. So not sure it is iOS 7 or FB. I betting phone software needs an upgrade. Noticing more random crashes overall in my first month with this phone than a whole year + with my 4S. Get 7.1 right Apple.

Apple got 7.0 right.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
It has to be one of your apps. I haven't had any issues and if it was an OS bug, it would be much more widespread.