It is just as possible that it's a problem with an app.
    12-29-2013 10:20 PM
    Or, it could very well be a bug in the OS. I don't think removing and installing one app at a time will make a difference. I look at it as proof that because it's happened on four phones, it's a problem with the OS.
    It has happened to 4 phones that he's had. It can't be a bug in the OS or this would be a widespread issue. If it were 1 phone maybe the OS would be the problem, but I don't think Apple has buggy phones sitting to the side just waiting for him to pick them up.

It's only logical that it's something from an app. Yes removing and installing one app at a time will be very time consuming but I think it'll get to the bottom of it.

What do you suggest if he goes to get a 5th phone and the same thing happens?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    briankbart1 likes this.
    12-29-2013 11:53 PM
    Nothing he does is going to make his iPhone "dead"...I'm not even sure what this means, or that you understand what you're implying. Given he's had this issue on 4 different new iPhone's, this is almost certainly a software issue from one of his apps, and back tracking and trying to isolate the issue might be the only way he EVER experiences the performance most people get on their iOS devices.

Lastly, every device I've ever bought from Apple has performed beyond my expectations, so I'm not exactly sure what you were attempting to imply with your very last comment, but again, if you're having troubles with your product, crossing your fingers that a firmware update will solve all your woes is a bit of an asinine way to approach it, because chances are, it won't.
    It is better not to use the iPhone as a crap like other phones (sorry I don't like others as much as Apple) or you might end up burning your money. Also instead of wasting hours by deleting apps and then reinstalling it and as briankbart1 mentioned that he has this problem in his brand new mobile phone, I consider it an OS bug/issue. Also I'm following the Apple by not being smart, just be simple.

I agree with NexusGirlX to wait till the next update comes in.
    12-30-2013 02:09 AM
    It has happened to 4 phones that he's had. It can't be a bug in the OS or this would be a widespread issue. If it were 1 phone maybe the OS would be the problem, but I don't think Apple has buggy phones sitting to the side just waiting for him to pick them up.

It's only logical that it's something from an app. Yes removing and installing one app at a time will be very time consuming but I think it'll get to the bottom of it.

What do you suggest if he goes to get a 5th phone and the same thing happens?

I bet it would happen if he exchanged the phone ten times if the store was insane enough to allow that.

There are reports saying that 7.1 fixes all these crashes.
    12-30-2013 06:00 AM
    It is better not to use the iPhone as a crap like other phones (sorry I don't like others as much as Apple) or you might end up burning your money. Also instead of wasting hours by deleting apps and then reinstalling it and as briankbart1 mentioned that he has this problem in his brand new mobile phone, I consider it an OS bug/issue. Also I'm following the Apple by not being smart, just be simple.

I agree with NexusGirlX to wait till the next update comes in.
    I have no idea what half of your post even means, but to address your comment about wasting hours deleting apps...not really much of a waste if you actually figure out which app is causing this issue, and you're able to pinpoint this information not only for yourself, but also for the company who makes the app (so you can give them feedback and perhaps get an update from them as well).

You can consider this whatever you want. If this was truly an iOS/OS bug/issue (as you called it), it'd be reflected by A LOT more people.
    iOS Gravity and nikkisharif like this.
    12-30-2013 08:50 AM
    I have no idea what half of your post even means, but to address your comment about wasting hours deleting apps...not really much of a waste if you actually figure out which app is causing this issue, and you're able to pinpoint this information not only for yourself, but also for the company who makes the app (so you can give them feedback and perhaps get an update from them as well).

You can consider this whatever you want. If this was truly an iOS/OS bug/issue (as you called it), it'd be reflected by A LOT more people.
    Exactly!

12-30-2013 12:02 PM
    I bet it would happen if he exchanged the phone ten times if the store was insane enough to allow that.

There are reports saying that 7.1 fixes all these crashes.
    Yeah you're probably right. He exchanges his phone 10 times and he keeps having the same problem...it can't possibly be something he's putting on his phone. Yep, that makes a ton of sense.

Let me ask you: do you know the difference between a crash and a reboot?

12-30-2013 12:10 PM

Exactly. If it was OS related, it would happen to other people too. I say that you look in the Diagnostic and Usage settings to see which app has the most error reports. That's the best place to start.
    anon4757448 likes this.
    12-30-2013 12:12 PM
    I read a thread that if you do not turn off reduce motion then you wont have the problem.....I turned it back on and no issues......my battery life is even better....very strange! I am hoping that this is fixed....my other thought was that it was my nike fuelband, which i have not paired witht his phone yet....but the phone was rebooting / repringing / whatever you want to call it after i got it from the store......But every since I switched reduce motin back to original setting it good to go!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly. If it was OS related, it would happen to other people too. I say that you look in the Diagnostic and Usage settings to see which app has the most error reports. That's the best place to start.
    12-30-2013 01:45 PM
    Hopefully it won't happen again.
    12-30-2013 01:54 PM
    What if you reset the device as new, and don't install ANY apps for a few hours, or even a day if you can. See if it reboots then. More than likely it won't; start to install apps slowly and see what happens. More than likely it is an app issue...

PS: I've not read all the responses before post.
    Spencerdl and iOS Gravity like this.
    12-31-2013 07:33 AM
    My 5s just started doing the same thing while in FB. So not sure it is iOS 7 or FB. I betting phone software needs an upgrade. Noticing more random crashes overall in my first month with this phone than a whole year + with my 4S. Get 7.1 right Apple.
    01-01-2014 09:55 AM
    My 5s just started doing the same thing while in FB. So not sure it is iOS 7 or FB. I betting phone software needs an upgrade. Noticing more random crashes overall in my first month with this phone than a whole year + with my 4S. Get 7.1 right Apple.
    Apple got 7.0 right.
    01-01-2014 07:32 PM
    Ok this seems to be a FB issue. It's the only app crashing on my 5s. However app doesn't crash on iPad.
    01-02-2014 08:41 AM
    It has to be one of your apps. I haven't had any issues and if it was an OS bug, it would be much more widespread.
    01-02-2014 05:50 PM
    Ok this seems to be a FB issue. It's the only app crashing on my 5s. However app doesn't crash on iPad.
    Facebook is notorious for causing those types of issues, so it isn't surprising. It is amazing a company as large as FB can't get their app right.
    01-02-2014 05:52 PM
41 12