hello, everyone i m not getting as expected battery life from my 5s i got approx. 5-6 hours or less i think
    while listening music, texting, and brightness is dim most of the time! i got just 1 hour 20 mins with a charge of 30% left
    everything is fine here or my battery is faulty?
    Thankyou
    12-24-2013 12:07 AM
    I usually get around 5-6 hours of usage as well.
    Make sure bluetooth is off when not in use as well as Wi-Fi. Set mail to manual and dont fetch, only use Location Services when needed or use them only with apps that require them (Foursquare).
    12-24-2013 02:15 AM
    If it isn't already, disable Bluetooth and check if background apps are running. Do you have push notifications on?

Sent from my silver iPhone 5s
    12-24-2013 05:22 AM
    What about brightness I have it so when I'm outside it's bright and when I'm inside it's dim is that ok?
    12-24-2013 10:23 AM
    That should be fine. Usually I decrease the brightness a little when I'm outside to suit myself as the iPhone usually has it brighter than necessary... Of course it depends on the user. Also, if you turn on "Reduce Motion" I hear it increases battery life greatly -- and I find it to suit iOS 7 completely.

Sent from my silver iPhone 5s
    12-24-2013 11:17 AM
    Besides what people have said already, GPS services drain battery faster. Go to settings --> privacy --> location services and turn off those apps that don't really need to use your location. While on this screen go to the last option "system services" and turn off those that you don't need. Also go to frequent locations and turn it off if you don't use it/need it, that is a major battery drainer IMO since the phone is constantly checking your location. Another option would be to get a car or an extra charger to be able to plug your phone wherever you are.

Hope it helps and Merry christmas to you all
    eradicator2k14 likes this.
    12-24-2013 02:02 PM
    Same here, bro. My 5S's battery is really really finicky. It's hard to tell. Some days it's good some days it's bad. Best I've achieved was 6 hours with 3G. Normally around 4 hours. I do think turning on "Reduce Motion" helps a lot though but I have it off at the moment because I like the animations. I turn off BG App Refresh. I don't think it affects much of my daily usage anyway. But manually turn off Location Services because some apps don't work without it.

Hmm, you got 1 hour 20 minutes with just listening to music and texting? It's a little like mine. The previous charge I got only 2.5 hours from 100 - 30%. Sigh... Hope it gets better the next charge.
    12-25-2013 01:24 PM
    Same here, bro. My 5S's battery is really really finicky. It's hard to tell. Some days it's good some days it's bad. Best I've achieved was 6 hours with 3G. Normally around 4 hours. I do think turning on "Reduce Motion" helps a lot though but I have it off at the moment because I like the animations. I turn off BG App Refresh. I don't think it affects much of my daily usage anyway. But manually turn off Location Services because some apps don't work without it.

Hmm, you got 1 hour 20 minutes with just listening to music and texting? It's a little like mine. The previous charge I got only 2.5 hours from 100 - 30%. Sigh... Hope it gets better the next charge.
    Exactly my sitch. It's 13 hrs one day, then the next its 6-8 hours. Extremely finicky.

Sent from my Black iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 😊
    12-25-2013 02:51 PM
    hello, everyone i m not getting as expected battery life from my 5s i got approx. 5-6 hours or less i think
    while listening music, texting, and brightness is dim most of the time! i got just 1 hour 20 mins with a charge of 30% left
    everything is fine here or my battery is faulty?
    Thankyou
    Question: did you restore your device from iCloud? I know this may seem like an odd question but, I had a device that had really bad battery life and it turned out to be something was wonky with the iCloud restore. I wiped the device and restored it though my computer and it was fine.

I have decent battery life with my 5S and am a fairly heavy user.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    12-26-2013 06:40 AM
    i have everything turned off from first day!
    never enabled location services, never used bluetooth too
    nope i havent restored from icloud
    i hope battery backup will increase in next update
    i wish! apple wont disappoint me
    12-27-2013 11:47 PM
    You would think after all these years people would know turning off wifi had no affect on battery if it's not being used the wifi chip goes to sleep.
    12-28-2013 12:18 PM
    Everyone if your getting bad battery life erase everything and restore on your computer with iTunes and you'll be fine
    12-28-2013 01:47 PM
    Not to be personal, but instead of suffering, you might consider an external battery charger for your iPhone. In that way, even if your phone runs out of battery, you get to charge it immediately and that might get you through the day.
    12-30-2013 02:37 AM
    Everyone if your getting bad battery life erase everything and restore on your computer with iTunes and you'll be fine
    Agree. This is what I mentioned above. It's worth a shot for anyone having issues.
    12-30-2013 06:12 AM
    I've come to the conclusion that with these high tech phones there is NO battery that would last as long as I would like ( about a week ...SMILE). I decided long ago to carry an extra battery and in the iPhone's case (no pun intended), I purchased the Mophie Air (battery/case). I'm OCD about running out of battery juice....It works for me..SMILE
    12-30-2013 08:40 AM
    I get about 5-8 hours of usage time, depending on how hectic my day is. On average, I'm in the 6.5 hour area.

I have WiFi off unless using it
    Bluetooth off unless using it
    Location Services on but disabled anything I don't need all the time, including system services, and the whole "frequent locations" thing
    I have background app refresh off
    Notifications I have kept down to just 6 applications I absolutely NEED to be notified of things, the rest are all either off or on a badges only setting
    I keep only what I need running on a constant basis

Good luck!
    12-30-2013 10:55 AM
    Moderate use whole day heavy I say about 7or 8 but I bought a morphie charging case so I'm good now
    parker5011 likes this.
    01-05-2014 07:15 PM
    Thumbs up on the mophie case.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    01-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Wow, that's pretty bad. I usually get around 17 hours on standby with a fair amount of moderate usage (around 4-5 hours), including web browsing and YouTube videos on WiFi and medium display brightness. And that's on bad days. On a particularly good day, I even got nearly 9 hours of moderate usage, with 13 hours on standby.

In short, there's something wrong with your phone and I'd take it to Apple if I were you.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    01-07-2014 10:42 AM
    Agree. This is what I mentioned above. It's worth a shot for anyone having issues.
    Hmmm. That's an interesting observation. When I initially got my 5S in late October, the battery life seemed normal for a smartphone. Over the past few weeks, it's been very bad -- running down 30% over 2 hours even with the phone mostly off. And sure enough, I did an iCloud restore in December. I'll try doing a restore from iTunes and see if that helps.
    01-10-2014 09:17 AM
    Full wipe and backup restore from iTunes didn't resolve it. Something that isn't immediately obvious is causing the phone to run constantly, even with the screen off. Usage and standby times are exactly the same. I hate to do a full wipe and restore as new, but I'm not sure what else to try.
    serglb likes this.
    01-12-2014 09:59 AM
    Weird, I had the intermittent battery usage with my past Nokia (windows) and Samsung phones (android)...however I've had my 5s for 2 months and it's been nothing but dead on consistent every day...it's actually freaky how stable the phone performs, IMO.
    01-12-2014 10:25 AM
    Mine has recently started to drain a bit but I think it's likely a few of the newer apps I've installed lately. Granted, I still get good battery life.
    01-12-2014 10:45 AM
    Battery life of iphone 5s-imageuploadedbytapatalk1389541614.322348.jpg
    Speedygi likes this.
    01-12-2014 10:46 AM
    I have grown accustomed to smart phones and their batteries. I used to carry spare batteries (treos and palm pres), extended batteries with bulky covers ( Samsung saga, palm pres), phones with large built in battery ( droid RAZR maxx) and now with iPhone I use an extended battery case. My wife uses the mophie, I use the unu case.

Why limit yourself by turning off bluetooth, WiFi, GPS, etc features that make your smartphone "smart"??

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    zerog46 likes this.
    01-15-2014 09:33 PM
72 123