Battery life of iphone 5s

Ujjwal Agarwal

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
hello, everyone i m not getting as expected battery life from my 5s i got approx. 5-6 hours or less i think
while listening music, texting, and brightness is dim most of the time! i got just 1 hour 20 mins with a charge of 30% left :raised-eyebrow:
everything is fine here or my battery is faulty?
Thankyou :)

eradicator2k14

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I usually get around 5-6 hours of usage as well.
Make sure bluetooth is off when not in use as well as Wi-Fi. Set mail to manual and dont fetch, only use Location Services when needed or use them only with apps that require them (Foursquare).

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
That should be fine. Usually I decrease the brightness a little when I'm outside to suit myself as the iPhone usually has it brighter than necessary... Of course it depends on the user. Also, if you turn on "Reduce Motion" I hear it increases battery life greatly -- and I find it to suit iOS 7 completely.

Sent from my silver iPhone 5s

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Besides what people have said already, GPS services drain battery faster. Go to settings --> privacy --> location services and turn off those apps that don't really need to use your location. While on this screen go to the last option "system services" and turn off those that you don't need. Also go to frequent locations and turn it off if you don't use it/need it, that is a major battery drainer IMO since the phone is constantly checking your location. Another option would be to get a car or an extra charger to be able to plug your phone wherever you are.

Hope it helps and Merry christmas to you all :)

LanceStoltz

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Same here, bro. My 5S's battery is really really finicky. It's hard to tell. Some days it's good some days it's bad. Best I've achieved was 6 hours with 3G. Normally around 4 hours. I do think turning on "Reduce Motion" helps a lot though but I have it off at the moment because I like the animations. I turn off BG App Refresh. I don't think it affects much of my daily usage anyway. But manually turn off Location Services because some apps don't work without it.

Hmm, you got 1 hour 20 minutes with just listening to music and texting? It's a little like mine. The previous charge I got only 2.5 hours from 100 - 30%. Sigh... Hope it gets better the next charge.

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Same here, bro. My 5S's battery is really really finicky. It's hard to tell. Some days it's good some days it's bad. Best I've achieved was 6 hours with 3G. Normally around 4 hours. I do think turning on "Reduce Motion" helps a lot though but I have it off at the moment because I like the animations. I turn off BG App Refresh. I don't think it affects much of my daily usage anyway. But manually turn off Location Services because some apps don't work without it.

Hmm, you got 1 hour 20 minutes with just listening to music and texting? It's a little like mine. The previous charge I got only 2.5 hours from 100 - 30%. Sigh... Hope it gets better the next charge.

Exactly my sitch. It's 13 hrs one day, then the next its 6-8 hours. Extremely finicky.

Sent from my Black iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 😊

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
hello, everyone i m not getting as expected battery life from my 5s i got approx. 5-6 hours or less i think
while listening music, texting, and brightness is dim most of the time! i got just 1 hour 20 mins with a charge of 30% left :raised-eyebrow:
everything is fine here or my battery is faulty?
Thankyou :)

Question: did you restore your device from iCloud? I know this may seem like an odd question but, I had a device that had really bad battery life and it turned out to be something was wonky with the iCloud restore. I wiped the device and restored it though my computer and it was fine.

I have decent battery life with my 5S and am a fairly heavy user.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ujjwal Agarwal

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
i have everything turned off from first day!
never enabled location services, never used bluetooth too
nope i havent restored from icloud
i hope battery backup will increase in next update
i wish! :) apple wont disappoint me

anon8383645

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
You would think after all these years people would know turning off wifi had no affect on battery if it's not being used the wifi chip goes to sleep.

nabans

Banned
Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Not to be personal, but instead of suffering, you might consider an external battery charger for your iPhone. In that way, even if your phone runs out of battery, you get to charge it immediately and that might get you through the day.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I've come to the conclusion that with these high tech phones there is NO battery that would last as long as I would like ( about a week ...SMILE). I decided long ago to carry an extra battery and in the iPhone's case (no pun intended), I purchased the Mophie Air (battery/case). I'm OCD about running out of battery juice....It works for me..SMILE

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I get about 5-8 hours of usage time, depending on how hectic my day is. On average, I'm in the 6.5 hour area.

I have WiFi off unless using it
Bluetooth off unless using it
Location Services on but disabled anything I don't need all the time, including system services, and the whole "frequent locations" thing
I have background app refresh off
Notifications I have kept down to just 6 applications I absolutely NEED to be notified of things, the rest are all either off or on a badges only setting
I keep only what I need running on a constant basis

Good luck!

DarkBlade_95

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Wow, that's pretty bad. I usually get around 17 hours on standby with a fair amount of moderate usage (around 4-5 hours), including web browsing and YouTube videos on WiFi and medium display brightness. And that's on bad days. On a particularly good day, I even got nearly 9 hours of moderate usage, with 13 hours on standby.

In short, there's something wrong with your phone and I'd take it to Apple if I were you.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

doublebullout

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Agree. This is what I mentioned above. It's worth a shot for anyone having issues.
Hmmm. That's an interesting observation. When I initially got my 5S in late October, the battery life seemed normal for a smartphone. Over the past few weeks, it's been very bad -- running down 30% over 2 hours even with the phone mostly off. And sure enough, I did an iCloud restore in December. I'll try doing a restore from iTunes and see if that helps.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner