Z10 to iphone5s?

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
But you'll pay $900 for a phone you're going to keep maybe two years? Seems odd.

Any phone I acquired would have been at full retail anyway. I needed a phone. I don't need or want another new printer especially to support a "feature" of the phone that somehow should gave been better integrated into the OS. IMO, of course.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone mentioned "QNX IS RUNNING NUCLEAR PLANTS AND THE SPACE SHUTTLE 111!1!1!!1!!1!!11eleventyzomgwtfbbq11!1!" Yet?

It's not a true fanboy thread until that happens.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone mentioned "QNX IS RUNNING NUCLEAR PLANTS AND THE SPACE SHUTTLE 111!1!1!!1!!1!!11eleventyzomgwtfbbq11!1!" Yet?

It's not a true fanboy thread until that happens.

Yes because anything said positively about anything other than Apple is fan boyish. The irony is you can't even recognize this in yourself.

IMHO again pure OS , I think bb10 is the best mobile OS on the market.

IMHO , by far iOS is the best mobile OS ecosystem on the market.

Wow, I'm such a fanboy. Tar and feather me.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I agree that BB10 is the best mobile OS. I was skeptical until I gave it a try. It's amazing and I miss it. It does have a long way to go before the ecosystem catches up enough to attract the masses.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I agree that BB10 is the best mobile OS. I was skeptical until I gave it a try. It's amazing and I miss it. It does have a long way to go before the ecosystem catches up enough to attract the masses.

I don't know, I liked Windows Phone 8 on the Lumia 1520 I auditioned. ...but the app ecosystem leaves so much to be desired.

Sent from my liberated iPad Air LTE 

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site

Yup, apples got 7 year lead, apps created for it, cloud integration, media integration, it's going to be interesting... People keep confusing ecosystem with OS. The actual OS the things that bb10 has nativel integrated, it's navigation via gestures, it's web browser, productivity features, etc... Are second to none but the ecosystem lags behind, but it's expected bb10 isn't a continuation of bbOS so even apps that had been created for bbOS won't work, basically Bberry decided to start from scratch which was the right move, for bb10, they now have a modern OS paradigm that can work..... But on CRackBerry user put it best OS and hardware isn't the determinate of sales in the Mobile space it's consumers belief in the ecosystem.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I don't know, I liked Windows Phone 8 on the Lumia 1520 I auditioned. ...but the app ecosystem leaves so much to be desired.

Wp8, is strONG TOO, but I don't like the interface nearly as much. But actual isability it's pretty strong. Active tiles tec are very neat feature

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Yes because anything said positively about anything other than Apple is fan boyish. The irony is you can't even recognize this in yourself.

IMHO again pure OS , I think bb10 is the best mobile OS on the market.

IMHO , by far iOS is the best mobile OS ecosystem on the market.

Wow, I'm such a fanboy. Tar and feather me.

Lol you REALLY don't know my boards history or my device history, do you. I fangirl for no one.

However some of your posts and statements are bordering on the standard nuclear plant/space shuttle/BETTER ANDROIDZ THAN ANDROIDZ silliness.

And THAT was what I was commenting on.

Me fangirl, that's funny.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Let's take a step back people

[INFO]Mobile Nations communities should always be fun, friendly and helpful places to be. We want to provide answers to all member posts and questions as QUICKLY as possible. With that in mind, we ask that all members kindly follow these basic guidelines:

P.U.P.P.A.H
(Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Professional, Attentive and Helpful)

• Be polite. We ask that you keep your language clean and polite.
  • Be understanding and patient. You may be a power user or developer, but the person you’re talking to on the other end may be a complete newbie. Be patient, and provide all details possible if you’re posting about a problem (descriptive thread title always helps).
  • Be a pro. Don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If someone responds in a poor or rude fashion, ignore it. If you notice a pattern of rude or poor behavior from a particular member, report them to our moderators. If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. In a nutshell, ‘think before you post’.
  • Be attentive and helpful. Answer questions in a timely manner when you can, and provide thoughts and suggestions that might lead to the solution of a members’ problem.
[/INFO]

meashishnd

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Its overall new and totally difference BB Os in new device like z10 q10 q5 ' its nice move from BB. but itz not more effective as expected Looking wise z10 is superb 1st full touch buttonless device frm Bb,but in way of OS feeling really so odd like not user friendly.

" iPhone s juzt perfect smart phone simply the best "

Sent from Tapatalk.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Its overall new and totally difference BB Os in new device like z10 q10 q5 ' its nice move from BB. but itz not more effective as expected Looking wise z10 is superb 1st full touch buttonless device frm Bb,but in way of OS feeling really so odd like not user friendly.

" iPhone s juzt perfect smart phone simply the best "

Sent from Tapatalk.

There is no more bbOS, it's now bb10. Also, z10 is not he first full touch device from Bberry, that would be the Bberry storm in 2008. The oS , which is gestures based , is harder to learn because you need to know the hand gestures , but it's far faster and fluid to use once you do. Apple is even adding more gestures for example on the iPad five finger pinch to close and app. Because bb10 is a complete rewrite, people don't have time to learn all the gestures over many versions. Apple is introducing new gestures each version people already will know the old onws. It's kind of like bberry keyboard ahortcuts everyone knows them who's used bberry so it seems easy from one generation of the OS to rhe next.

As people start using bb10 it will seem easy too over the generations.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Lol you REALLY don't know my boards history or my device history, do you. I fangirl for no one.

However some of your posts and statements are bordering on the standard nuclear plant/space shuttle/BETTER ANDROIDZ THAN ANDROIDZ silliness.

And THAT was what I was commenting on.

Me fangirl, that's funny.

Which comment, be specific if you are calling me out. Which comment borders on your complete and utter hyperbole, and inclusion of a strawman argument???

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Which comment, be specific if you are calling me out. Which comment borders on your complete and utter hyperbole, and inclusion of a strawman argument???

Guys/gals can you take the hugging and kissing to PM? Many of us are not old enough to see such affection.

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Guys/gals can you take the hugging and kissing to PM? Many of us are not old enough to see such affection.

Oh my gawd. If this is the affection that offends your pallet, I would say your stomach is easily upset and you must be allergic to the most basic of meals? IBS?

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Oh my gawd. If this is the affection that offends your pallet, I would say your stomach is easily upset and you must be allergic to the most basic of meals? IBS?

My tender young stomach is indeed easily upset. I have a hard time with the school lunches too. ...but my 5s calms a jittery stomach.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

I would love to give windows phone 8 a run soon. I've used their older OSs and really liked them but haven't used 8 yet. I am sure I will sometime. I generally hit all of them at one time or another.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
There is no more bbOS, it's now bb10. Also, z10 is not he first full touch device from Bberry, that would be the Bberry storm in 2008. The oS , which is gestures based , is harder to learn because you need to know the hand gestures , but it's far faster and fluid to use once you do. Apple is even adding more gestures for example on the iPad five finger pinch to close and app. Because bb10 is a complete rewrite, people don't have time to learn all the gestures over many versions. Apple is introducing new gestures each version people already will know the old onws. It's kind of like bberry keyboard ahortcuts everyone knows them who's used bberry so it seems easy from one generation of the OS to rhe next.

As people start using bb10 it will seem easy too over the generations.

Hahaha.
Bb10 is such a failure, that blackberry will remanufacture legacy bb device to sell. Roflmao😆.

and the iPad had multi gesture input from the beginning...it isn't new.

http://gizmodo.com/5780541/how-to-activate-the-best-secret-feature-in-your-ipad

Give it up already bb is done.

donemt

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Let's take a step back people

[INFO]Mobile Nations communities should always be fun, friendly and helpful places to be. We want to provide answers to all member posts and questions as QUICKLY as possible. With that in mind, we ask that all members kindly follow these basic guidelines:

P.U.P.P.A.H
(Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Professional, Attentive and Helpful)

• Be polite. We ask that you keep your language clean and polite.
  • Be understanding and patient. You may be a power user or developer, but the person you?re talking to on the other end may be a complete newbie. Be patient, and provide all details possible if you?re posting about a problem (descriptive thread title always helps).
  • Be a pro. Don?t get into arguments over dumb things. If someone responds in a poor or rude fashion, ignore it. If you notice a pattern of rude or poor behavior from a particular member, report them to our moderators. If you don?t have anything nice to say, don?t say anything at all. In a nutshell, ?think before you post?.
  • Be attentive and helpful. Answer questions in a timely manner when you can, and provide thoughts and suggestions that might lead to the solution of a members? problem.
[/INFO]

Thanks John for your comments regarding the heated exchanges! This site as all other MN sites should be an open and friendly one that allows any and all comments and questions from members and guests without tirades and angry challenges.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox