Z10 to iphone5s?

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
My favorite was when my z10 spontaneously rebooted when I was calling emergency services.

That was fun.

As far as this 'have to jailbreak to fully appreciate ios' all I say to that is pish posh. I jail broke my 4 to make it look like what iOS 7 looks like. I jail broke my 5s for a day and restored it back to stock because other than a scrolling dock there was nothing I wanted to tweak. I fully appreciate iOS 7 as it is. I don't see these springboard crashes soluble they are only happening in my pocket or while I'm asleep, but I will say I fully appreciate not having to troll leak forums to try to fix problems with my phone that made it totally unusable and unreliable like my z10 was at times. Even when it was on a stable leak it rebooted at least once a day and the battery lasted 6 hours at best.

I want BB to succeed, they are the only company I've had so many bad experiences with (on behalf of both my customers and my phones) that I gave fourth and fifth chances to, but I'm out. Even Samsung only got two chances from me.

So while I hope BB succeeds from a sentimental standpoint, it will be from the sidelines for me.

Dude bb10 is brand new OS, written from ground up! Go back and time and play with IOS 1.0 was , as I mentioned people have short term memories! You couldn't even mms or copy and paste with it. Those features showed up in 3.0.... IOS 7 is IMHO much less stable than 4,5, and 6. As it stands as a pure Eco system iOS is awesome. As next gen mobile OS I give the nod to bb10, but it's ok it's
only 1 year old versus 7 years.

Personally I haven't either OS really buggy. But the differences I see is in the full Eco system that iOS provides from iTunes, syncing, backing up, and apps.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
1) I'm not a dude, nor am I anyone's dude.

2) random reboots during phone calls (including 911 calls) are unacceptable and the fact you compared that to MMS and copy/paste is silly. Sorry. It isn't even the same class as far as an acceptable bug.

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
1) I'm not a dude, nor am I anyone's dude.

2) random reboots during phone calls (including 911 calls) are unacceptable and the fact you compared that to MMS and copy/paste is silly. Sorry. It isn't even the same class as far as an acceptable bug.

Random reboots are unacceptable period, and the inter webs are full of battery life and reboot problems on iOS 7. That you haven't been effected is irrelevant to the amount of chatter on this topic. Some of the shortcomings in the first iOS were pathetic...I don't care how many units were sold.

For now I'm sticking with apple, I'll give it the same 4 year chance I gave blackberry, but I don't like the way iOS works. Bbos 10 is more my speed.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Dude bb10 is brand new OS, written from ground up! Go back and time and play with IOS 1.0 was , as I mentioned people have short term memories! You couldn't even mms or copy and paste with it. Those features showed up in 3.0.... IOS 7 is IMHO much less stable than 4,5, and 6. As it stands as a pure Eco system iOS is awesome. As next gen mobile OS I give the nod to bb10, but it's ok it's
only 1 year old versus 7 years.

Personally I haven't either OS really buggy. But the differences I see is in the full Eco system that iOS provides from iTunes, syncing, backing up, and apps.

BB10 is a brand new lousy os. Lousy because it is incomplete. Hopefully they will have something to show at MWC.

retomex

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
BB10 is a brand new lousy os. Lousy because it is incomplete. Hopefully they will have something to show at MWC.

I agree it's incomplete, although I like gestures-for-everything. And I sure hope they come up with something exciting in Barcelona!

retomex

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I just found out there are swipe back gestures in ios7!! For the record I already said I'm a slow learner. This is so nice! Not entirely a hub substitute, but nice.

Today I missed being able to type in two languages without switching keyboards. A hassle indeed but something I can get used to. The fact that different apps retain the last used keyboard kinda helps...

I returned the iphone yesterday because of the springboard restarts and picked up the same phone this morning after a carrier restore. Same problem so far... I guess I'll send it again to get a replacement. I had to use my Z10 yesterday afternoon to keep in touch via wifi with coworkers on BBM and email, as well as risk my life venturing without a working phone for my commute. My Z10 felt so big! The wider screen is nice though, especially for typing.

zack west

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
The app gap is no more.

I can download about any android app I need, and they all run flawlessly. I have every bank app I could want, games, forums, ect.

The "lack of apps" doesn't work anymore, on reasons to switch from BB to iOS/droid.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
The app gap is no more.

I can download about any android app I need, and they all run flawlessly. I have every bank app I could want, games, forums, ect.

The "lack of apps" doesn't work anymore, on reasons to switch from BB to iOS/droid.

Thank you for spewing BS in your first post. Tons of apps don't work, and pirating apps or downloading from shady and unsupported app stores is not a way to close the app gap. Welcome to iMore though, I'm sure your reasons for being here are totally legit.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I think it was a pretty first release of a brand new OS. Just personal opinion.
Too bad it's competing against very well established OS's with huge ecosystems and big players backing them. Being "pretty good" first release clearly wasn't enough in this case.
I agree it's incomplete, although I like gestures-for-everything. And I sure hope they come up with something exciting in Barcelona!
I hope that their new CEO starts to focus on SOMETHING. BB10 was so scattered and unfocused. Not good enough or feature rich enough for most consumers, not as good as old Blackberrys for most business users, full of bugs, yet extremely late to release. They tried to go after everyone, and ended up losing on all fronts.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Too bad it's competing against very well established OS's with huge ecosystems and big players backing them. Being "pretty good" first release clearly wasn't enough in this case.

I hope that their new CEO starts to focus on SOMETHING. BB10 was so scattered and unfocused. Not good enough or feature rich enough for most consumers, not as good as old Blackberrys for most business users, full of bugs, yet extremely late to release. They tried to go after everyone, and ended up losing on all fronts.

In what way is it not feature reach? The OS pretty dayum beast... From that stand point as an OS Bberry hit a home run, but again having a great product is not the defining factor in sales. And it certainly no more buggy than any other OS, otherwise wouldn't be certified by DoD? The only real complaint which is a time thing is the Eco system isn't mature??? I definitely would not call it scattered, what do you mean?

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for spewing BS in your first post. Tons of apps don't work, and pirating apps or downloading from shady and unsupported app stores is not a way to close the app gap. Welcome to iMore though, I'm sure your reasons for being here are totally legit.

What are you talking about bb10 has an App Store? Also, the android App Store is an app in bb10, and allows direct install of android ports as if 10.2. As for unsupported apps that's no different than jail breaking and loading non official apps. The android loading is a purposeful feature , it isn't a hack. Expressly built into the OS by berry. Think of it like apples support of windows using parallels, but it's for more closely integrated and not an emulation.

Last edited:

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
At least you can pick and chose which shady apps to download. Certainly not inside of a walled garden. And talk about spewing bs. Sheesh.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site

What is incomplete about the OS itself, people I. Here keep saying, there isn't a feature you can do in IOS that you can't do in bb10, in fact, I would say OS wise bb10 has more features. Incomplete would have been something like iOS 1.0 which didn't allow mms, didn't allow cut and paste, didn't have search feature.... Why do people keep saying bb10 is incomplete bb10 is far from lacking in features, especially 10.2.... Honestly , have any if you commenting used the OS, read any of the feature specs, done anymore of comparisons... Yes there is plenty to complain about bb10 but the stuff I'm hearing is really offbase and seems to lack genuine investigation??? A lack of features that's certainly not the case.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
People are saying BB10 is incomplete because it just doesn't give a complete experience. While certain features may work flawlessly, as a whole, the bugs make it appear fractured. Having owned one, done side loading, and cracked releases, I just couldn't deal with the serious issues. I did not like the reboots, on a blackberry it takes forever to restart. I do not like having to pretty much wipe the phone when the browser decides to stop working (BB server issues). I also was very worried when the phone wouldn't ring or I'd miss a call due to it making a sound that's one third of my ringtone. It also felt like BB wasn't even supporting it's users on the consumer end anymore.

On another note, I saw someone state that jailbreaking iOS to make it complete is bull hockey. I felt iOS was incomplete to me because I'm used to the customization abilities of an Android. That wasn't directed as a fact, merely my opinion. My iPhone is stable and works perfectly. I only jailbroke it because I'd wanted more control over my visual kei! =)

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
People are saying BB10 is incomplete because it just doesn't give a complete experience. While certain features may work flawlessly, as a whole, the bugs make it appear fractured. Having owned one, done side loading, and cracked releases, I just couldn't deal with the serious issues. I did not like the reboots, on a blackberry it takes forever to restart. I do not like having to pretty much wipe the phone when the browser decides to stop working (BB server issues). I also was very worried when the phone wouldn't ring or I'd miss a call due to it making a sound that's one third of my ringtone. It also felt like BB wasn't even supporting it's users on the consumer end anymore.

On another note, I saw someone state that jailbreaking iOS to make it complete is bull hockey. I felt iOS was incomplete to me because I'm used to the customization abilities of an Android. That wasn't directed as a fact, merely my opinion. My iPhone is stable and works perfectly. I only jailbroke it because I'd wanted more control over my visual kei! =)

I don't know what version you were using but for sure reboots etc have Been addressed months ago... With that said I can comb these forums and find just as many complaints of iOS 7. But no one is stating iOS 7 is complete because of it.... Didn't you notice the huge thread of I hope iOS 7.0.5 fixes the random reboots???

I personally find both crash about the same my 5s and. Z10, actually iOS 7 seems pretty flaky , we browser crashes often, apps close often, etccc .... But this stuff to me is the nature of software. It's just interesting that such an event on bb10 people state the OS incomplete while not harboring the same feeling in iOS when based on just going through the threads here it's seems equally as buggy???

retomex

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
What is incomplete about the OS itself, people I. Here keep saying, there isn't a feature you can do in IOS that you can't do in bb10, in fact, I would say OS wise bb10 has more features. Incomplete would have been something like iOS 1.0 which didn't allow mms, didn't allow cut and paste, didn't have search feature.... Why do people keep saying bb10 is incomplete bb10 is far from lacking in features, especially 10.2.... Honestly , have any if you commenting used the OS, read any of the feature specs, done anymore of comparisons... Yes there is plenty to complain about bb10 but the stuff I'm hearing is really offbase and seems to lack genuine investigation??? A lack of features that's certainly not the case.

You just said, up until 10.2 things started to improve. At 10.2.1 much better. I never complained about the lack of apps and i didn't even need to sideload android apps. My Z10 works great, I think it's easier sharing almost any file on BBOS10 than on iOS. But many people are just upgrading to 10.2.1 so they can just begin to notice the many things they've missed. T-mo users? No luck yet. Telcel (mexico)? Pfft, they'll never push it...

I still thank Thor for pushing BBOS10 out of the gate, and in its first year the os improved a lot. I hope Chen does a better job of pushing blackberry to more users. And the work on bbos doesn't stop. All of the functionality may be there already but it still needs polishing.

Last edited:

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't know what version you were using but for sure reboots etc have Been addressed months ago... With that said I can comb these forums and find just as many complaints of iOS 7. But no one is stating iOS 7 is complete because of it.... Didn't you notice the huge thread of I hope iOS 7.0.5 fixes the random reboots???

I personally find both crash about the same my 5s and. Z10, actually iOS 7 seems pretty flaky , we browser crashes often, apps close often, etccc .... But this stuff to me is the nature of software. It's just interesting that such an event on bb10 people state the OS incomplete while not harboring the same feeling in iOS when based on just going through the threads here it's seems equally as buggy???

Exactly, other than lack of customization, random crashes and reboots IOS 7 is heads and heels above BBOS. Riiiiight.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
At least you can pick and chose which shady apps to download. Certainly not inside of a walled garden. And talk about spewing bs. Sheesh.

The fact that you even acknowledge that users need to hunt through shady app stores shows the problem. iOS App Store has the highest quality for a reason. It's vetted and users trust it. Sorry, but sideloading apps might be a solution for the few folks who already use blackberry, but it won't suddenly make other folks start caring or believing that they can suddenly get any app they want.

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
The fact that you even acknowledge that users need to hunt through shady app stores shows the problem. iOS App Store has the highest quality for a reason. It's vetted and users trust it. Sorry, but sideloading apps might be a solution for the few folks who already use blackberry, but it won't suddenly make other folks start caring or believing that they can suddenly get any app they want.

Umm there was a bit of sarcasm in that post. I know it's hard to believe bit there are those if us that don't care about the sheer number of apps on any platform.

I just care about being able to do what I want to do other than the usual suspects such as email. News, banking, travel reservations, navigation...pretty much can be done on either platform.

It becomes a personal preference as to what you prefer. Inherently I think IOS is dated with BBOS being the "better" OS.

I hope it perseveres.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner