Z10 to iphone5s?

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Since I've been used to Android, there was a lot left to be desired on iOS that I'd wanted. I guess you could lump me into the "Geek" catagory. You wouldn't be wrong considering the whole fun of the older blackberries was putting a cracked update/version on it (To me).

I love all forms of technology but the fun for me is the tinkering aspect.

You're a "geek" because you use Android? This old gem...

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Seriously, upping the post count?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Post count police? Did I need to run my comments by you before posting? No? I didn't think so. Seriously though? Still upset over getting berated over your love for BB? Yeah, I guess I would be a bit annoyed too if someone found a comment funny that calls you out. No fault there.

retomex

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey, I love Blackberry too! As a matter of fact my affair is with the iPhone, not the other way around.

But in the end it's just a phone. Let's keep our comments within reason

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Hey, I love Blackberry too! As a matter of fact my affair is with the iPhone, not the other way around.

But in the end it's just a phone. Let's keep our comments within reason

Sadly, reason generally goes out the door when Blackberry is mentioned these days.
Even a chipmunk can turn vicious when it feels threatened.

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Post count police? Did I need to run my comments by you before posting? No? I didn't think so. Seriously though? Still upset over getting berated over your love for BB? Yeah, I guess I would be a bit annoyed too if someone found a comment funny that calls you out. No fault there.

This is the internet, anonymous communication. Why would anyone be upset?

Yes, I did love my outdated BB as even though it was a storm 2, it was a very streamline operating system. After two months it still is annoying I find myself going around in circles at times trying to get stuff done on my iphone, which I will admit with some of the apps, allows for some greater flexibility than the blackberry. But you pick your poison I suppose.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Sadly, reason generally goes out the door when Blackberry is mentioned these days.
Even a chipmunk can turn vicious when it feels threatened.

Ironically, it isn't the chipmunks making all the noise. It's the big dogs in the house? Go figure... Don't know why the apple supporters feel threatened when berry commentators seem pretty impartial. In fact, seems the berry folks in here have both phones.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
You're a "geek" because you use Android? This old gem...

If you'd read it, you'd see I'm not a geek just because I own an android. I'm a geek no matter what phone I have. I mod it and sometimes even learn how to take it apart (and hopefully put it back together).

That includes Androids, iPhones, Blackberrys and WP8 and....

By the way, no need for the cynicism. Have a nice day. =)

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I can't really say I miss the real estate... Maybe it is because I rather have a smaller phone. But I've found myself turning to landscape to get a better view of some webpages.

32Gb 5s

How are you feeling with your 5s now? For the first few days I was playing with mine incessantly? I just figurep

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
How are you feeling with your 5s now? For the first few days I was playing with mine incessantly? I just figurep

How are you liking now that you've had the 5s for a few days?

retomex

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site

Of course I've been playing with it incessantly! I'll give my Z10 a break because it is sometimes confusing to 'switch' between metaphors for proper use --maybe I'm slow but I'll get there. I kinda miss swiping for every action. And I certainly miss the 'Hub' because I do a lot of email and messaging (bbm, whatsapp, sms) and it is so convenient to have them all in one place vs. jumping from app to app.

I've used iMessages a lot because many friends have iPhones now; I can think of it as the 'new' bbm. All of its advantages seem to be there. I wonder why many people on iPhones use whatsapp so much when iMessages is a better option...

I'm still learning how to fine tune what I want my iPhone to tell me in notification center and I find it confusing. Sites and forums like this have been very helpful!

I'm surprised with battery life on the 5s. I thought I would be desperately charging it mid day and it hasn't happened yet. Not even mid-afternoon, so it is on par with what I had on my Z10. YMMV but with my typical use both the Z10 and now the 5s can carry me for full work day.

What is very irritating is the constant crashes of the springboard. I have to take the iPhone to my carrier and see if I can get a replacement. It may be software related and looks to me crashes are happening when i unlock it with my fingerprint, but I want to get a replacement...

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
If you'd read it, you'd see I'm not a geek just because I own an android. I'm a geek no matter what phone I have. I mod it and sometimes even learn how to take it apart (and hopefully put it back together).

That includes Androids, iPhones, Blackberrys and WP8 and....

By the way, no need for the cynicism. Have a nice day. =)

I read it. Poor choice of words.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Of course I've been playing with it incessantly! I'll give my Z10 a break because it is sometimes confusing to 'switch' between metaphors for proper use --maybe I'm slow but I'll get there. I kinda miss swiping for every action. And I certainly miss the 'Hub' because I do a lot of email and messaging (bbm, whatsapp, sms) and it is so convenient to have them all in one place vs. jumping from app to app.

I've used iMessages a lot because many friends have iPhones now; I can think of it as the 'new' bbm. All of its advantages seem to be there. I wonder why many people on iPhones use whatsapp so much when iMessages is a better option...

I'm still learning how to fine tune what I want my iPhone to tell me in notification center and I find it confusing. Sites and forums like this have been very helpful!

I'm surprised with battery life on the 5s. I thought I would be desperately charging it mid day and it hasn't happened yet. Not even mid-afternoon, so it is on par with what I had on my Z10. YMMV but with my typical use both the Z10 and now the 5s can carry me for full work day.

What is very irritating is the constant crashes of the springboard. I have to take the iPhone to my carrier and see if I can get a replacement. It may be software related and looks to me crashes are happening when i unlock it with my fingerprint, but I want to get a replacement...

Maybe it depends on your carrier but if I dont turn off LTE, my battery is done for come mid afternoon (starting my day at 9). I'm in a refarmed T-Mobile LTE area that flipped the LTE switch a couple of years ago and since then they ramped up the speed even more, since then it's been a battery killer. The crashes are getting annoying and I have seen a lot more as of lately. Rumor has it that Apple is working on it and I hope to see that fix real soon.

retomex

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Maybe it depends on your carrier but if I dont turn off LTE, my battery is done for come mid afternoon (starting my day at 9). I'm in a refarmed T-Mobile LTE area that flipped the LTE switch a couple of years ago and since then they ramped up the speed even more, since then it's been a battery killer. The crashes are getting annoying and I have seen a lot more as of lately. Rumor has it that Apple is working on it and I hope to see that fix real soon.

I forgot to mention I turned off LTE. It's not that important to me. I'm on wifi most of the day. Bluetooth on only for an hour a day for commute.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site

Yes, that's the big difference gestures based OS! Man, so much faster for navigation on. Z10, iOS feels dated by comparison. When u first got the 5s, I kept trying to swipe everything. Apple is slowly introducing gestures, it's kind of smart how they do it , a couple new gestures each release so people get to know them,... Picking up Z10 it's harder learning curve because it's all gestures. But man loads faster to navigate and actually multitask.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
All I got from my Z10 was missed calls, browser crashes and superb lag. LOL

For a business, this device is secure. For a consumer though, there are way more solid options.

My favorite was when my z10 spontaneously rebooted when I was calling emergency services.

That was fun.

As far as this 'have to jailbreak to fully appreciate ios' all I say to that is pish posh. I jail broke my 4 to make it look like what iOS 7 looks like. I jail broke my 5s for a day and restored it back to stock because other than a scrolling dock there was nothing I wanted to tweak. I fully appreciate iOS 7 as it is. I don't see these springboard crashes soluble they are only happening in my pocket or while I'm asleep, but I will say I fully appreciate not having to troll leak forums to try to fix problems with my phone that made it totally unusable and unreliable like my z10 was at times. Even when it was on a stable leak it rebooted at least once a day and the battery lasted 6 hours at best.

I want BB to succeed, they are the only company I've had so many bad experiences with (on behalf of both my customers and my phones) that I gave fourth and fifth chances to, but I'm out. Even Samsung only got two chances from me.

So while I hope BB succeeds from a sentimental standpoint, it will be from the sidelines for me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro