Z10 to iphone5s?

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Pretty much sums up their problems, and the reason why they're pulling out of the consumer market in favour of chasing enterprise users instead. They chased consumers with sub-par offerings for so long, and promised big, but delivered small with BB10. To add to the problems, consumers don't generally care about Blackberry's biggest (and arguably only) advantage, security. But some businesses do care, and others can be tricked into caring.

Bb10 delivered and was no more buggy than any new OS, the failure is mind share and perception, simply put it's a lack of belief in their product and most negatives I've heard are from people who've never used the product. I had 1 person tell me how horrible Bberry was while playing with my phone and going yours is pretty cool, who makes it. I said that's the new Bberry z10 , the first bb10 device, he goes this doesn't look like a blackberry I didn't even know they had new phones.

This is a true story, people still think of the old bberries and honestly if they were as buggy as many claim, then they wouldn't be highly secure.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Someone has a really short memory...lol
Assuming it's a typical fanboy rant above? I'm not up for the punishment of actually trying to read it.
Still trying to figure out who's alter-ego this guy is though...

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Assuming it's a typical fanboy rant above? I'm not up for the punishment of actually trying to read it.

I agree about the short memory lol. IOS is not a superior os to any BBOS, imo. Read the threads, resprings, reboots, app crashes, battery life, etc. even the above is tl;dr. Stopped at the word "assuming".

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

I think you hit the nail directly on the head.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I think all OS's will have their downsides. I liked my BlackBerry Curve 9310 and I loved my clamshell BlackBerry Style. I just really didn't feel that the touchscreen versions were completely ready to be mass released.

Just like I think Windows Mobile is a decent platform but they need unclutter it a bit. Android is good but some companies are starting to take away our open sourced freedoms. iOS is nice and stable but I had to jailbreak it to really appreciate the visual kei aspect.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I think all OS's will have their downsides. I liked my BlackBerry Curve 9310 and I loved my clamshell BlackBerry Style. I just really didn't feel that the touchscreen versions were completely ready to be mass released.

Just like I think Windows Mobile is a decent platform but they need unclutter it a bit. Android is good but some companies are starting to take away our open sourced freedoms. iOS is nice and stable but I had to jailbreak it to really appreciate the visual kei aspect.

Are you referring to bb10 device or old bb oS devices. They work nothing like the bb10 devices , bb 10 is a totally different OS built from scratch based on modern oS principles for doing multitasking in mobile devices as uses gestures. Even iOS will go this way soon

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site

Having to jailbreak iOS to really appreciate it says it all....at least to me.

Sent from my unjailbroken iPhone 5s, 64gb white with unlimited data.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Having to jailbreak iOS to really appreciate it says it all....at least to me.

Sent from my unjailbroken iPhone 5s, 64gb white with unlimited data.

Since I've been used to Android, there was a lot left to be desired on iOS that I'd wanted. I guess you could lump me into the "Geek" catagory. You wouldn't be wrong considering the whole fun of the older blackberries was putting a cracked update/version on it (To me).

I love all forms of technology but the fun for me is the tinkering aspect.

retomex

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
If the Z10 was a little sexier, let's say a bit thinner or if it had a smaller bezel it would be truly attractive. On the other hand, the Z10's keyboard really outshines everything. And I love BBOS' Hub. It's amazing to have all your communications in a single place, at least it is to me. I've lived with a Z10 for almost 10 months and found it a trusty companion and a reliable extension of my office. Toast, for those who know, is so handy.

I have such a hard time thinking if I should make the jump to an iPhone 5s or not. I've always wanted a smaller hone in my pocket. The Z10 feels a bit big for my pocket. I've used a holster but I feel kind of a dork with it... The iPhone on the other hand is smaller in every measure, but I'm not sure if the battery life would hold as well as my Z10 does...

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
If the Z10 was a little sexier, let's say a bit thinner or if it had a smaller bezel it would be truly attractive. On the other hand, the Z10's keyboard really outshines everything. And I love BBOS' Hub. It's amazing to have all your communications in a single place, at least it is to me. I've lived with a Z10 for almost 10 months and found it a trusty companion and a reliable extension of my office. Toast, for those who know, is so handy.

I have such a hard time thinking if I should make the jump to an iPhone 5s or not. I've always wanted a smaller hone in my pocket. The Z10 feels a bit big for my pocket. I've used a holster but I feel kind of a dork with it... The iPhone on the other hand is smaller in every measure, but I'm not sure if the battery life would hold as well as my Z10 does...

No way, 5s battery life destroys z10, at least on 10.1, I hear 10.2 is better, but i haven't upgraded to 10.2 yet... I was waiting AT&T to release but I guess will have to load myself the release.

The z10 is pretty darn thin, and the edge is nearly end to end, but yes thinner and bezelless would be sweet like a samsung TV. And they should have used q10s backplate. In any case my 5s battery life is loads better than my z10, I carry a spare battery for my z10. You definitely notice the screen size difference , and z10 actually has the better display, but it's not such a huge size difference that my 5s feels inadequate when I'm using it. Honestly, I like both and I'm thinking of switching my 5s to my daily driver. PS, 5s is way better than the 4 which I had for a few years now. Honestly, get and keep both, that's what I do but I have 2 lines. Try 5s and if you like it you can sell the z10.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

retomex

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
No way, 5s battery life destroys z10, at least on 10.1, I hear 10.2 is better, but i haven't upgraded to 10.2 yet... I was waiting AT&T to release but I guess will have to load myself the release.

The z10 is pretty darn thin, and the edge is nearly end to end, but yes thinner and bezelless would be sweet like a samsung TV. And they should have used q10s backplate. In any case my 5s battery life is loads better than my z10, I carry a spare battery for my z10. You definitely notice the screen size difference , and z10 actually has the better display, but it's not such a huge size difference that my 5s feels inadequate when I'm using it. Honestly, I like both and I'm thinking of switching my 5s to my daily driver. PS, 5s is way better than the 4 which I had for a few years now. Honestly, get and keep both, that's what I do but I have 2 lines. Try 5s and if you like it you can sell the z10.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

Good god, if you haven't loaded 10.2.1.1925 leak you're missing on so much! Looks like it will become official next week, so you might as well wait for it... Battery life for me has been great but I've had to choose between leaks to get the best radio for my carrier. I'm on the latest leak and easily get 'til the next morning and charge for a couple hours.

The ideal phone for me is:
1. size like Samsung S4 mini (physical and screen size)
2. runs BBOS 10
3. battery lasts a full day
4. looks good as the iPhone

I might get an iPhone today and judge for myself. Can't imagine living without Blackberry Hub...

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I appreciate both the Z10 and IPhone 5S and most importantly respect all of you. It is important that we all respect each other and jump off the offensive. Yes we can all get along with our Apples & Berries.

retomex

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I appreciate both the Z10 and IPhone 5S and most importantly respect all of you. It is important that we all respect each other and jump off the offensive. Yes we can all get along with our Apples & Berries.

I didn't mean to sound/be offensive at all. I got an iPhone just now, I will use it over the weekend and see how I like it. Came here to read and learn about how Z10 users cope with a 5s.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I didn't mean to sound/be offensive at all. I got an iPhone just now, I will use it over the weekend and see how I like it. Came here to read and learn about how Z10 users cope with a 5s.

Since you literally just got it, does the screen size already make a difference?

retomex

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I have problems with the iPhone. It's got this springboard issue that it (the springboard) restarts randomly. It's rather annoying. I've read that it should be software related but I don't feel comfortable with this glitch. I can't predict when it's going to happen; sometimes with fingerprint unlock, sometimes pressing the home button, sometimes switching to another app. I've already restored the iPhone and no luck. For the record, it came with 7.0.4 out of the box.

What's funny is that my wife got a 16Gb 5s a months ago and it's never happened to her.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I have problems with the iPhone. It's got this springboard issue that it (the springboard) restarts randomly. It's rather annoying. I've read that it should be software related but I don't feel comfortable with this glitch. I can't predict when it's going to happen; sometimes with fingerprint unlock, sometimes pressing the home button, sometimes switching to another app. I've already restored the iPhone and no luck. For the record, it came with 7.0.4 out of the box.

What's funny is that my wife got a 16Gb 5s a months ago and it's never happened to her.

The restarts are supposed to be addressed with 7.1.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods