Z10 to iphone5s?

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
The uninformed opinion of the decade.

Actually according to blackberry's past three quarters: write down(s) for unsold bb10 inventory, 40% of blackberry's employees laid off, replacing the CEO, Inability to sell the company, US and UK carriers starting to take bb10 off the shelves and offering direct fulfillment orders. Dropping all their odm partnerships and forging a new one with Foxconn to manufacture a cheap touch screen bb10 device to be sold in emerging markets.

Yeah I'm pretty well informed regarding bb10's abysmal failure. ;)

Oh and Legacy devices out shipped bb10 devices last quarter by a factor of 3 to 1. Bb10 only shipped 1million*
(This figure includes shipments made and recognized prior to the quarter) devices in It's third fiscal quarter.

Etc etc etc.

I hope you didn't pay full price for your bb10 handset.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I depends on what your definition of pile is. Cut and paste anyone? LED notifications? No doubt web browser sucked. However, I could set multiple daily alarms with oddball recurring schedules each with their own volume control. Custom profiles, led notification. Good Bluetooth. Original battery lasted almost 4 years and still got a decent days charge on it. Entire OS was integrated very nicely. They made a big mistake with the hardware, not software.

I don't know why we are talking about a 4 year old phone as though it's anything like the phones berry is producing today?

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Actually according to blackberry's past three quarters: write down(s) for unsold bb10 inventory, 40% of blackberry's employees laid off, replacing the CEO, Inability to sell the company, US and UK carriers starting to take bb10 off the shelves and offering direct fulfillment orders. Dropping all their odm partnerships and forging a new one with Foxconn to manufacture a cheap touch screen bb10 device to be sold in emerging markets.

Yeah I'm pretty well informed regarding bb10's abysmal failure. ;)

Oh and Legacy devices out shipped bb10 devices last quarter by a factor of 3 to 1. Bb10 only shipped 1million*
(This figure includes shipments made and recognized prior to the quarter) devices in It's third fiscal quarter.

Etc etc etc.

I hope you didn't pay full price for your bb10 handset.

Unfortunately blackberrys comeuppance is too little too late. That doesn't take away that bbos is technically superior to iOS, IMO.

And that your sole argument consists of device shipments as a measure of superiority has me scratching my head about what you really understand about BB10.

Yes IOS is like the pretty dumb girl on a lot of teenage flicks. All show and little go, but very popular.

kye2000

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I have a Z30 and it is superior In many ways compared to my GS4. Just apps that are needed

Posted via the Android iMore App! on my BlackBerry Z30

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I have a Z30 and it is superior In many ways compared to my GS4. Just apps that are needed

Posted via the Android iMore App! on my BlackBerry Z30

We sure are glad that you registered at an iPhone site, just to tell us how much you like Blackberry device when compared to an Android device...:rolleyes:

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately blackberrys comeuppance is too little too late. That doesn't take away that bbos is technically superior to iOS, IMO.

I thought we were discussing the z10
However, Legacy bbos is obsolete, meaning dead, no more new devices. Support will end in 2015.

And that your sole argument consists of device shipments as a measure of superiority has me scratching my head about what you really understand about BB10.

Superiority?

I said failure, the opposite being successful (which bb10 is certainly not). Device shipments/sales is the metric in which to judge success or failure.
Again just look at the blackberry's financials over the past year or even last quarter (hint: they lost 4.4 billion over the last quarter alone).

You shouldn't put words in my mouth to further your argument. It makes you look incompetent at best. ;)

Yes IOS is like the pretty dumb girl on a lot of teenage flicks. All show and little go, but very popular.

Clap clap clap.
You really have no idea what your talking about do you.

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I thought we were discussing the z10
However, Legacy bbos is obsolete, meaning dead, no more new devices. Support will end in 2015.

Superiority?

I said failure, the opposite being successful (which bb10 is certainly not). Device shipments/sales is the metric in which to judge success or failure.
Again just look at the blackberry's financials over the past year or even last quarter (hint: they lost 4.4 billion over the last quarter alone).

You shouldn't put words in my mouth to further your argument. It makes you look incompetent at best. ;)

Clap clap clap.
You really have no idea what your talking about do you.

I guess it takes one to know one.

Sales measures only popularity. IOS is popular but it is by no means better than BBOS 10.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

You know, I wrote this big long retort here, but there was no reason for it...my real thoughts on your comments are that your points are ridiculous, you're begging for respect for a device and OS that is circling the drain, and you're trying to equate the iPhone to some simpleton experience when the truth is, the iPhone is satisfying a bigger spectrum of consumer than Blackberry ever dreamed of.

Bottom line...get back to Crackberry and enjoy your lively forum while it still exists with new devices to discuss.

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
You know, I wrote this big long retort here, but there was no reason for it...my real thoughts on your comments are that your points are ridiculous, you're begging for respect for a device and OS that is circling the drain, and you're trying to equate the iPhone to some simpleton experience when the truth is, the iPhone is satisfying a bigger spectrum of consumer than Blackberry ever dreamed of.

Bottom line...get back to Crackberry and enjoy your lively forum while it still exists with new devices to discuss.

I guess I was expecting a more well rounded response..but oh well.

The implementation of BBOS on a BB10 device is much better IMO than IOS. Yeah, yeah, ecosystem, number of apps blah. I have a 64 gig phone 5S that has 57 gig free. So telling me to go back to crackberry is just silly, I just came from there after making my decision to get the 5s over the z30.

IOS annoys me to no end, but this is the end game for me for a while. I do like it though...just not feeling the love. Biggest disappointment is email, as I live and breathe and make my living on email. But to each their own. I honestly don't care about the numbers and how many have this or that as that seems to be what people bring up in these conversations.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I guess I was expecting a more well rounded response..but oh well.

The implementation of BBOS on a BB10 device is much better IMO than IOS. Yeah, yeah, ecosystem, number of apps blah. I have a 64 gig phone 5S that has 57 gig free. So telling me to go back to crackberry is just silly, I just came from there after making my decision to get the 5s over the z30.

IOS annoys me to no end, but this is the end game for me for a while. I do like it though...just not feeling the love. Biggest disappointment is email, as I live and breathe and make my living on email. But to each their own. I honestly don't care about the numbers and how many have this or that as that seems to be what people bring up in these conversations.

Neat...iOS on the 5S is superior to BBOS on any BB10 device, IMO. Blackberry as a whole bores me to no end, and seems about as attractive as mold. If the iPhone is the pretty dumb girl, Blackberry is certainly the 50 something year old woman who's had way too much plastic surgery, to a point where people stare more out of curiosity than interest.

I suppose we're at a stale mate though, except I'm not parading that opinion round on Crackberry, because to do so would be absurd. Take that for what it's worth.

I guess I've never understood joining a community in which your preferences stand in such an opposing manner. I can't stand Tyler Perry movies, but I don't go to the related forums telling all the viewers that the movies are garbage...

BB_Junky

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
BBRY is coming around slowly but surely, it still needs some work as you got over to Crackberry and read the forums then come here and compare. The negativity over there is astounding, if you dare say something about the device you are jumped on my the diehard fan boys unlike over here. Plus you will read up on the problems they are having with the software, but with new updates coming I hope that takes care of a lot of them.
I wish the Z10 came with a battery like the Z30 has, that would help out a lot. The Z10 has crash problems, SMS lag problems, a poor camera, reboots randomly ..... But all these can be fixed with proper updates....can't do anything about the battery life except turn everything off which kinda defeats the purpose of a "smartphone".
The iPhone is a great device, plug and play..you have a great app ecosystem here and it's reliable which is a fairly important thing when your always on the go. It basically comes down to personal performance ...chevy vs Ford, BBRY vs Apple,...we all have choices and all love our devices for our own reasons....find your own and enjoy regardless of what others think!!

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
BBRY is coming around slowly but surely, it still needs some work as you got over to Crackberry and read the forums then come here and compare. The negativity over there is astounding, if you dare say something about the device you are jumped on my the diehard fan boys unlike over here. Plus you will read up on the problems they are having with the software, but with new updates coming I hope that takes care of a lot of them.
I wish the Z10 came with a battery like the Z30 has, that would help out a lot. The Z10 has crash problems, SMS lag problems, a poor camera, reboots randomly ..... But all these can be fixed with proper updates....can't do anything about the battery life except turn everything off which kinda defeats the purpose of a "smartphone".
The iPhone is a great device, plug and play..you have a great app ecosystem here and it's reliable which is a fairly important thing when your always on the go. It basically comes down to personal performance ...chevy vs Ford, BBRY vs Apple,...we all have choices and all love our devices for our own reasons....find your own and enjoy regardless of what others think!!

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD

"The Z10 has crash problems, SMS lag problems, a poor camera, reboots randomly ..... But all these can be fixed with proper updates....can't do anything about the battery life except turn everything off which kinda defeats the purpose of a "smartphone"

The 5S on 7.0.4 suffers from exactly the same thing; well maybe not severe SMS lag and a "poor" camera (although I like the camera in the Z10, so I won't call it poor, it may not be as good as the 5s camera but it's definitely okay). However, reboots and battery life...there are enough threads across the interwebs that deal with the same issue on the iphone 5 and 5s, that one can't say it is unique to Blackberry.

The number of apps, well the numbers speak for themselves, if knowing how many apps is important, rather than apps that do specific things. Like, there is no netflix app on BB. That would have annoyed me. (Since I have a 5S, I do have my netflix app)

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
The lack of apps and the camera quality have me the incentive to get the 5S. Blackberry is lacking in apps even with side loading them, I tried to side load my banking app but when I tried to use it it would not work. If apple and android can do it then blackberry should be able to do the same.

All I got from my Z10 was missed calls, browser crashes and superb lag. LOL

For a business, this device is secure. For a consumer though, there are way more solid options.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

For a business, this device is secure. For a consumer though, there are way more solid options.

I thought BB10 is an excellent first iteration of a new OS built from the ground up. Yes there are issues but BB has been making updates at a good clip. iOS and Android had tons of issues when they first debuted. I think BB is late to the game so will be harder for them to play catchup, but I'm a big BB10 fan.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I thought BB10 is an excellent first iteration of a new OS built from the ground up. Yes there are issues but BB has been making updates at a good clip. iOS and Android had tons of issues when they first debuted. I think BB is late to the game so will be harder for them to play catchup, but I'm a big BB10 fan.

If it wasn't for side loading and being able to get Crackberry releases, I probably would of broken it instead of sold it.

They don't want to play catch up though. They are already retreating from the consumer market. =\

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site

Lag never experienced at all, been butter smooth to me, browser crashes seem rampant on all the latest mobile browsers. IOS 7 is the most unstable iOS version I've experienced since the first one.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site

Pretty much sums up their problems, and the reason why they're pulling out of the consumer market in favour of chasing enterprise users instead. They chased consumers with sub-par offerings for so long, and promised big, but delivered small with BB10. To add to the problems, consumers don't generally care about Blackberry's biggest (and arguably only) advantage, security. But some businesses do care, and others can be tricked into caring.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods