Z10 to iphone5s?

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Didn't know people still used zip files.

Yep, they are alive and well. Virtually all downloadable programs, service packs, driver installs, etc use compression technology. They are just not called "zip". Why, for example, would I transfer an 11 gig file across the internet when I can "zip" it down to half a gig?

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Didn't know people still used zip files.

Funnily enough, there are 2 monthly reports that I need to submit that must be in .zip format.
What's so funny about it? The fact that I can't do it on a Blackberry 10 device, despite it being a supposed "advantage" of the system.

One of the submissions needs to go through a web portal, which reports that the BB10 browser is not supported.
The second requires a password protected zip file, which cannot be created using the Blackberry 10 file browser, yet can be done easily with a 3rd party app on my iPhone (not sure if an app exists on Blackberry to do the same).

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Funnily enough, there are 2 monthly reports that I need to submit that must be in .zip format.
What's so funny about it? The fact that I can't do it on a Blackberry 10 device, despite it being a supposed "advantage" of the system.

One of the submissions needs to go through a web portal, which reports that the BB10 browser is not supported.
The second requires a password protected zip file, which cannot be created using the Blackberry 10 file browser, yet can be done easily with a 3rd party app on my iPhone (not sure if an app exists on Blackberry to do the same).

Did you try changing bb10 browser to desktop mode?

Did you try looking for an app on bb10 that creates password protected zip files?

Do you use or own a bb10 device?

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
How about people use the phone that meet their needs! Both phone are great! I have the z30 and 5s both are great phones!

Yup, I agree. That has been stated several times in this thread alone. The problem with threads like these is that people are trying to convince others that their choice is superior, and this sometimes leads to stretching the truth, or outright fabrications. In those cases, people need to be called out.

Your first 2 questions are nullified by your third trollish one.
Could you do us both a favour and refrain from replying to me anymore?
I will put you on ignore to help facilitate this.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Yup, I agree. That has been stated several times in this thread alone. The problem with threads like these is that people are trying to convince others that their choice is superior, and this sometimes leads to stretching the truth, or outright fabrications. In those cases, people need to be called out.

Your first 2 questions are nullified by your third trollish one.
Could you do us both a favour and refrain from replying to me anymore?
I will put you on ignore to help facilitate this.

Sure

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I liked the s2, had for nearly 4 years. I'm easy on my phones but stuff happens and the s2 took a few falls. In the end, took 4 years I got tired of clicky keyboard. BES integration is light years ahead of active sync. I had some great free apps I used constantly. However the shortfalls, like lack of popular streaming apps were annoying, and the slow processor.

The iPhone 5s is fast, lot of functionality and does cool things, however if you are a power email user, the email integration, which is a blackberry strong hold is just passable on the iPhone.

I had both and they were both garbage. Company phone so I had to take what they offered but still, to each his/her own, but they were huge piles.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Did you try changing bb10 browser to desktop mode?

Did you try looking for an app on bb10 that creates password protected zip files?

I forgot how much troubleshooting there is when using a blackberry.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, FEW, being the key word.

I think it's a matter of few actually know anything about the device, that bberry has a new OS written from the ground up, new devices, or that as of 10.2 android app loading is native. As with many products you can't possibly know whether it's a worthy solution without actually using. Having a great solution is only part of the equation and not the number one determinate of adoption ask Betamax, or plasma TVs

I guarantee apple when they release their HDTV will sell like hot cakes from day one, sight and use unseen.

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I had both and they were both garbage. Company phone so I had to take what they offered but still, to each his/her own, but they were huge piles.

I depends on what your definition of pile is. Cut and paste anyone? LED notifications? No doubt web browser sucked. However, I could set multiple daily alarms with oddball recurring schedules each with their own volume control. Custom profiles, led notification. Good Bluetooth. Original battery lasted almost 4 years and still got a decent days charge on it. Entire OS was integrated very nicely. They made a big mistake with the hardware, not software.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I think it's a matter of few actually know anything about the device, that bberry has a new OS written from the ground up, new devices, or that as of 10.2 android app loading is native. As with many products you can't possibly know whether it's a worthy solution without actually using. Having a great solution is only part of the equation and not the number one determinate of adoption ask Betamax, or plasma TVs

I guarantee apple when they release their HDTV will sell like hot cakes from day one, sight and use unseen.

An incomplete os. Bb10 is a failure.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR