Z10 to iphone5s?

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Actually "Color Led Message" is headless now, it does not need an activeframe. So that removes postedIint 2.

Does it? Well what about everything else besides that? Are all apps headless now or is it still limited to 8 active frames? If the answer is no all apps are not headless now then thst does not remove point 2. Furthermore is that official or in a leak because when I had 10.1 official it still wasn't headless.

megajo123

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Well, it says it in the App Description in BlackBerry World, and it works for me, so I think thats pretty official. And you can never expect all apps to be headless, things take time. Though as of now I only know of 2 headless apps, which are the LED one we were talking about and Profile Switcher (Notification profiles) but yea, they're coming. Its a BlackBerry, you've gotta expect it to be slow

rajeshr68

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Does it? Well what about everything else besides that? Are all apps headless now or is it still limited to 8 active frames? If the answer is no all apps are not headless now then thst does not remove point 2. Furthermore is that official or in a leak because when I had 10.1 official it still wasn't headless.

With 10.2.1 and above, BB now supports headless apps. This should help resolve one of the major issues with the OS, where only 8 apps could be active at one time.

Hopefully, this should help spur development for the platform but I'm concerned that it may a little too late. The company has an uncertain future and many BB diehards are now moving to Android or iOS.

blambtn

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I came back to Apple from a Z10. I loved the Hub and the keyboard but the battery life was horrible and my data usage almost doubled on the z10. The iPhone 5s just works. The zed 10 had to be reset often and the lack of apps got old really fast. I even side loaded a lot of apps but they didn't work as well in most cases.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using iMore Forums mobile app

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
With 10.2.1 and above, BB now supports headless apps. This should help resolve one of the major issues with the OS, where only 8 apps could be active at one time.

Hopefully, this should help spur development for the platform but I'm concerned that it may a little too late. The company has an uncertain future and many BB diehards are now moving to Android or iOS.

Might have to make a return. Loved the OS but those were annoyances

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I have. The blackberry Z10 is a great phone with a gorgeous OS - I can see it becoming a top competitor if it gets a load more apps on it. But the main issue is the apps themselves (more specifically, the lack of apps) and Apple has a vast App Store compared to it. The fluidity of the OS is amazing, the gestures just work. I switched to Apple and never regretted it...

Sent from my silver iPhone 5s

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm still debating if I like the iPhone. The just works mantra is overrated because it doesn't work with me.

I have played extensively with os 10. It is nice. I would have gotten the z30 but too big.

How many non native apps do you use on a daily basis? Other than one newspaper app and one news app and navigation nothing else. Yet I have about 30 apps installed.

blambtn

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm still debating if I like the iPhone. The just works mantra is overrated because it doesn't work with me.

I have played extensively with os 10. It is nice. I would have gotten the z30 but too big.

How many non native apps do you use on a daily basis? Other than one newspaper app and one news app and navigation nothing else. Yet I have about 30 apps installed.

I have to agree to a point. I couldn't get yellow pages app to work (which I use a lot) or Directv app or even candy crush or CSR racing. I don't play a lot of games but I do have my favorites and I like to have them actually work. I do have a lot of apps that I don't use much so I have to agree to a point. Never could the HP eprint app to work either. I enjoy the warm fuzzy feeling I get just knowing my apps work and are there when I get ready to use them.

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I have to agree to a point. I couldn't get yellow pages app to work (which I use a lot) or Directv app or even candy crush or CSR racing. I don't play a lot of games but I do have my favorites and I like to have them actually work. I do have a lot of apps that I don't use much so I have to agree to a point. Never could the HP eprint app to work either. I enjoy the warm fuzzy feeling I get just knowing my apps work and are there when I get ready to use them.

Speak about printing, i don't have any native air print printers..would be nice.

daveshiz

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Coming from a z10 next Friday but don't know how I feel as I love my z10, but going to see how it goes with 5s will keep u posted

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I came back to Apple from a Z10. I loved the Hub and the keyboard but the battery life was horrible and my data usage almost doubled on the z10. The iPhone 5s just works. The zed 10 had to be reset often and the lack of apps got old really fast. I even side loaded a lot of apps but they didn't work as well in most cases.

Not to go to far off-topic, friends who have z10 are more than satisfied with battery life. Like the battery life thread on the 5s, for whatever reason it's variable on the z10 as well. A lot of friends have android or ipad or ultra-thins as a companion device anyway.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Not to go to far off-topic, friends who have z10 are more than satisfied with battery life. Like the battery life thread on the 5s, for whatever reason it's variable on the z10 as well. A lot of friends have android or ipad or ultra-thins as a companion device anyway.

I must add that although I have used the Z10 and got okay battery life on it, I still would rather have a Galaxy s4 for instance and got better piece of mind with a better battery. The battery life on the Z10 is okay, but not fantastic by any means.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I must add that although I have used the Z10 and got okay battery life on it, I still would rather have a Galaxy s4 for instance and got better piece of mind with a better battery. The battery life on the Z10 is okay, but not fantastic by any means.

Agreed. The Z10 was the only phone I carried an extra battery for and actually had to use it. I haven't done that since the 9900.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods