Having to jailbreak iOS to really appreciate it says it all....at least to me.

Sent from my unjailbroken iPhone 5s, 64gb white with unlimited data.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    Since I've been used to Android, there was a lot left to be desired on iOS that I'd wanted. I guess you could lump me into the "Geek" catagory. You wouldn't be wrong considering the whole fun of the older blackberries was putting a cracked update/version on it (To me).

I love all forms of technology but the fun for me is the tinkering aspect.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    01-24-2014 01:47 PM
    If the Z10 was a little sexier, let's say a bit thinner or if it had a smaller bezel it would be truly attractive. On the other hand, the Z10's keyboard really outshines everything. And I love BBOS' Hub. It's amazing to have all your communications in a single place, at least it is to me. I've lived with a Z10 for almost 10 months and found it a trusty companion and a reliable extension of my office. Toast, for those who know, is so handy.

I have such a hard time thinking if I should make the jump to an iPhone 5s or not. I've always wanted a smaller hone in my pocket. The Z10 feels a bit big for my pocket. I've used a holster but I feel kind of a dork with it... The iPhone on the other hand is smaller in every measure, but I'm not sure if the battery life would hold as well as my Z10 does...
    01-25-2014 09:06 AM
    If the Z10 was a little sexier, let's say a bit thinner or if it had a smaller bezel it would be truly attractive. On the other hand, the Z10's keyboard really outshines everything. And I love BBOS' Hub. It's amazing to have all your communications in a single place, at least it is to me. I've lived with a Z10 for almost 10 months and found it a trusty companion and a reliable extension of my office. Toast, for those who know, is so handy.

I have such a hard time thinking if I should make the jump to an iPhone 5s or not. I've always wanted a smaller hone in my pocket. The Z10 feels a bit big for my pocket. I've used a holster but I feel kind of a dork with it... The iPhone on the other hand is smaller in every measure, but I'm not sure if the battery life would hold as well as my Z10 does...
    No way, 5s battery life destroys z10, at least on 10.1, I hear 10.2 is better, but i haven't upgraded to 10.2 yet... I was waiting AT&T to release but I guess will have to load myself the release.

The z10 is pretty darn thin, and the edge is nearly end to end, but yes thinner and bezelless would be sweet like a samsung TV. And they should have used q10s backplate. In any case my 5s battery life is loads better than my z10, I carry a spare battery for my z10. You definitely notice the screen size difference , and z10 actually has the better display, but it's not such a huge size difference that my 5s feels inadequate when I'm using it. Honestly, I like both and I'm thinking of switching my 5s to my daily driver. PS, 5s is way better than the 4 which I had for a few years now. Honestly, get and keep both, that's what I do but I have 2 lines. Try 5s and if you like it you can sell the z10.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app
    01-25-2014 09:21 AM
    No way, 5s battery life destroys z10, at least on 10.1, I hear 10.2 is better, but i haven't upgraded to 10.2 yet... I was waiting AT&T to release but I guess will have to load myself the release.

The z10 is pretty darn thin, and the edge is nearly end to end, but yes thinner and bezelless would be sweet like a samsung TV. And they should have used q10s backplate. In any case my 5s battery life is loads better than my z10, I carry a spare battery for my z10. You definitely notice the screen size difference , and z10 actually has the better display, but it's not such a huge size difference that my 5s feels inadequate when I'm using it. Honestly, I like both and I'm thinking of switching my 5s to my daily driver. PS, 5s is way better than the 4 which I had for a few years now. Honestly, get and keep both, that's what I do but I have 2 lines. Try 5s and if you like it you can sell the z10.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app
    Good god, if you haven't loaded 10.2.1.1925 leak you're missing on so much! Looks like it will become official next week, so you might as well wait for it... Battery life for me has been great but I've had to choose between leaks to get the best radio for my carrier. I'm on the latest leak and easily get 'til the next morning and charge for a couple hours.

The ideal phone for me is:
    1. size like Samsung S4 mini (physical and screen size)
    2. runs BBOS 10
    3. battery lasts a full day
    4. looks good as the iPhone

I might get an iPhone today and judge for myself. Can't imagine living without Blackberry Hub...
    01-25-2014 10:34 AM
    I appreciate both the Z10 and IPhone 5S and most importantly respect all of you. It is important that we all respect each other and jump off the offensive. Yes we can all get along with our Apples & Berries.
    01-25-2014 01:31 PM
    I appreciate both the Z10 and IPhone 5S and most importantly respect all of you. It is important that we all respect each other and jump off the offensive. Yes we can all get along with our Apples & Berries.
    I didn't mean to sound/be offensive at all. I got an iPhone just now, I will use it over the weekend and see how I like it. Came here to read and learn about how Z10 users cope with a 5s.
    01-25-2014 02:16 PM
    I didn't mean to sound/be offensive at all. I got an iPhone just now, I will use it over the weekend and see how I like it. Came here to read and learn about how Z10 users cope with a 5s.
    Since you literally just got it, does the screen size already make a difference?
    01-25-2014 02:24 PM
    Which one did get?
    01-25-2014 05:52 PM
    Since you literally just got it, does the screen size already make a difference?
    I can't really say I miss the real estate... Maybe it is because I rather have a smaller phone. But I've found myself turning to landscape to get a better view of some webpages.

Which one did get?
    32Gb 5s
    01-25-2014 07:41 PM
    I have problems with the iPhone. It's got this springboard issue that it (the springboard) restarts randomly. It's rather annoying. I've read that it should be software related but I don't feel comfortable with this glitch. I can't predict when it's going to happen; sometimes with fingerprint unlock, sometimes pressing the home button, sometimes switching to another app. I've already restored the iPhone and no luck. For the record, it came with 7.0.4 out of the box.

What's funny is that my wife got a 16Gb 5s a months ago and it's never happened to her.
    01-25-2014 07:57 PM
    I have problems with the iPhone. It's got this springboard issue that it (the springboard) restarts randomly. It's rather annoying. I've read that it should be software related but I don't feel comfortable with this glitch. I can't predict when it's going to happen; sometimes with fingerprint unlock, sometimes pressing the home button, sometimes switching to another app. I've already restored the iPhone and no luck. For the record, it came with 7.0.4 out of the box.

What's funny is that my wife got a 16Gb 5s a months ago and it's never happened to her.
    The restarts are supposed to be addressed with 7.1.
    01-25-2014 08:08 PM
    Geez, and I thought waiting for BBOS10 leaks was bad... Now I have to put up with this? I posted a pic of the logs in the following forum:
    http://forums.imore.com/iphone-5s/27...ml#post2178965

I'm gonna ask for an exchange, I still want a smaller phone.
    01-25-2014 08:55 PM
    Blackberry is certainly the 50 something year old woman who's had way too much plastic surgery, to a point where people stare more out of curiosity than interest.
    looool
    01-27-2014 12:51 PM
    Since I've been used to Android, there was a lot left to be desired on iOS that I'd wanted. I guess you could lump me into the "Geek" catagory. You wouldn't be wrong considering the whole fun of the older blackberries was putting a cracked update/version on it (To me).

I love all forms of technology but the fun for me is the tinkering aspect.
    You're a "geek" because you use Android? This old gem...
    01-27-2014 12:54 PM
    Berries cause diarrhea
    01-27-2014 12:55 PM
    looool
    Seriously, upping the post count?

01-27-2014 01:35 PM
    Seriously, upping the post count?

Post count police? Did I need to run my comments by you before posting? No? I didn't think so. Seriously though? Still upset over getting berated over your love for BB? Yeah, I guess I would be a bit annoyed too if someone found a comment funny that calls you out. No fault there.
    01-27-2014 01:53 PM
    Hey, I love Blackberry too! As a matter of fact my affair is with the iPhone, not the other way around.

But in the end it's just a phone. Let's keep our comments within reason
    01-27-2014 04:47 PM
    Hey, I love Blackberry too! As a matter of fact my affair is with the iPhone, not the other way around.

But in the end it's just a phone. Let's keep our comments within reason
    Sadly, reason generally goes out the door when Blackberry is mentioned these days.
    Even a chipmunk can turn vicious when it feels threatened.
    01-27-2014 06:44 PM
    Post count police? Did I need to run my comments by you before posting? No? I didn't think so. Seriously though? Still upset over getting berated over your love for BB? Yeah, I guess I would be a bit annoyed too if someone found a comment funny that calls you out. No fault there.
    This is the internet, anonymous communication. Why would anyone be upset?

Yes, I did love my outdated BB as even though it was a storm 2, it was a very streamline operating system. After two months it still is annoying I find myself going around in circles at times trying to get stuff done on my iphone, which I will admit with some of the apps, allows for some greater flexibility than the blackberry. But you pick your poison I suppose.
    01-27-2014 10:47 PM
    Sadly, reason generally goes out the door when Blackberry is mentioned these days.
    Even a chipmunk can turn vicious when it feels threatened.
    Ironically, it isn't the chipmunks making all the noise. It's the big dogs in the house? Go figure... Don't know why the apple supporters feel threatened when berry commentators seem pretty impartial. In fact, seems the berry folks in here have both phones.

01-28-2014 03:35 AM
    ... But you pick your poison I suppose.
    So true. Problem is when somebody (myself included) wants to force their kool aid on everybody's throats...
    01-28-2014 08:21 AM
    You're a "geek" because you use Android? This old gem...
    If you'd read it, you'd see I'm not a geek just because I own an android. I'm a geek no matter what phone I have. I mod it and sometimes even learn how to take it apart (and hopefully put it back together).

That includes Androids, iPhones, Blackberrys and WP8 and....

By the way, no need for the cynicism. Have a nice day. =)
    01-28-2014 09:27 AM
    I can't really say I miss the real estate... Maybe it is because I rather have a smaller phone. But I've found myself turning to landscape to get a better view of some webpages.

32Gb 5s
    How are you feeling with your 5s now? For the first few days I was playing with mine incessantly? I just figurep

01-28-2014 09:32 AM
    How are you feeling with your 5s now? For the first few days I was playing with mine incessantly? I just figurep

How are you liking now that you've had the 5s for a few days?

01-28-2014 09:38 AM
280 ... 56789 ...