Z10 to iphone5s?

rajeshr68

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Have used a Z10 (and a Q10) and then moved to Android \ iOS now.

The advantages of the Z10 were the keyboard (IMHO, the best virtual keyboard on any platform), the Hub and BBM(now available on other platforms). I also personally liked the customizable notifications. However, I think most people will find iOS (and Android) more to their taste as the amount of the apps available on BB10 is minuscule as compared to iOS/Android. You'll also find that the iPhone 5S sports one of the best smartphone camera (along with the Nokia 1020), so I think that once you move over you will not find a reason to go back to the Z10 (unless the notifications are a deal breaker).

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Have used a Z10 (and a Q10) and then moved to Android \ iOS now.

The advantages of the Z10 were the keyboard (IMHO, the best virtual keyboard on any platform), the Hub and BBM(now available on other platforms). I also personally liked the customizable notifications. However, I think most people will find iOS (and Android) more to their taste as the amount of the apps available on BB10 is minuscule as compared to iOS/Android. You'll also find that the iPhone 5S sports one of the best smartphone camera (along with the Nokia 1020), so I think that once you move over you will not find a reason to go back to the Z10 (unless the notifications are a deal breaker).

EXACTLY.....could not have described it better. I still have my Z10, but rarely use it

Ricky Ramadhan

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I currently use Z10 and ip5s.
Z10 is the best virtual keyboard
And ip5s the best camera and touch ID so awesome
I need them, can't lose one of them

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore

I heard the Z10 is a solid device but I never had the chance to try one out

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I have a Z10, and to me, the Blackberry 10 is just a better phone OS for me. It's more communication centric and it shows through with the keyboard and the hub which in my opinion are better than iOS' implementations. I have an iPad mini for deeper app needs if necessary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
so you're saying it all comes down between a keyboard and a camera? It seems like a keyboard would be more important then.

The Z10's virtual keyboard is second to none, the best out there, but thats it. The Hub just makes it easier to see different notifications at a glance which is also awesome, however the iphone is better at everything else. I currently have both devices, but I find that my "go to device" is the Gold iphone 5s. The iphone just works

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The Z10's virtual keyboard is second to none, the best out there, but thats it. The Hub just makes it easier to see different notifications at a glance which is also awesome, however the iphone is better at everything else. I currently have both devices, but I find that my "go to device" is the Gold iphone 5s. The iphone just works

It's true, iOS just has so many more apps than anything else except Android, that it becomes a joke at this point...

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site

As much as i like my iphone, the z30 would have been my next choice if slightly smaller. I dont require millions of apps. BB has much better notifications plus more options for customizations. As far as the iphone just working, yes within a margin.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I have a Q10, so obviously the keyboard experience is better, but the iPhone is just a much better all-around device. That being said, Blackberry does have some niche features that some people can't do without. If the hub or the keyboard are absolute deal-breakers, then you'll want to get a Blackberry phone. However, if they're just "nice to haves" then the iPhone has a heck of a lot more "nice to have" features.

You've also got android in the mix, which offers more features than Apple or blackberry, but it also comes with its own trade-offs.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I had the z10 for a while and it's really not a bad phone. I loved custom notifications, the hub, deleting mass emails easily, led light. The smoothness. But I hated the apps and the fact that you can't really run background apps. I actually disliked the keyboard but I loved it on the q10.

whatsever

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I had the z10 for a while and it's really not a bad phone. I loved custom notifications, the hub, deleting mass emails easily, led light. The smoothness. But I hated the apps and the fact that you can't really run background apps. I actually disliked the keyboard but I loved it on the q10.

The Z10 has beter resolution, sharper, screen 4,2 inch, 1,5 Ghz instead of 1,3 Ghz, better reception, 2x more Ram memory, real multitasking up to 8 apps instead of app switch tasking, better virtueel keyboard, easyly upgradeable to 80 GB for only 50 euro/dollar and the phone is cheaper and never crash,hickup in 11 months :) owning now a Z30 - 5 inch.

Apple has finger scanner and lot of apps but how many apps are U using and what will you use , if it's moslly social than blackberry is much quicker and better and blackberry is compatible with mac, airtunes and apple TV>

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I loved the ability to add memory to my z10...until I had to remove the sdcard so my phone didn't randomly reboot during phone calls 75 times a day.

The rest is personal opinion, although the higher ram is necessary to operate the phone. The 5 was just as fast with half the specs as the z because the OS isn't bloated.

Did like the keyboard though. However BBs legendary crappy hardware quality control issues ruined the phone for me.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
The Z10 has beter resolution, sharper, screen 4,2 inch, 1,5 Ghz instead of 1,3 Ghz, better reception, 2x more Ram memory, real multitasking up to 8 apps instead of app switch tasking, better virtueel keyboard, easyly upgradeable to 80 GB for only 50 euro/dollar and the phone is cheaper and never crash,hickup in 11 months :) owning now a Z30 - 5 inch.

Apple has finger scanner and lot of apps but how many apps are U using and what will you use , if it's moslly social than blackberry is much quicker and better and blackberry is compatible with mac, airtunes and apple TV>

Some of your points are valid and some don't apply to me. For example I actually made more typos on the z10 using its keyboard. Also the real multitasking of up to 8 apps is great except that if you want to use custom led colours for example you need the app to be running in the background if you accidentally close it, it won't work. Headless apps still don't work. So in that sense multi tasking is better on the iPhone. The rest of your points I agree with. But for me those things ruined my experience with the z10 and I actually know it's getting better.

megajo123

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Dear Santa- Why can't BlackBerry ,Apple, Google, and Microsoft just hug it out and create a Super OS with the best features of all their Operating Systems :'(

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro