I can't delete pictures from my photos album? why?

Ujjwal Agarwal

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
So, here is my problem i m not able to delete pictures which i just recently sync from itunes..they just don't have the delete option i wonder why?:raised-eyebrow:

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
If it's on the iPhone, try cutting it off and powering back on. After you do this try and delete the pictures and see if that works

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So, here is my problem i m not able to delete pictures which i just recently sync from itunes..they just don't have the delete option i wonder why?:raised-eyebrow:

Any pictures you sync onto your iOS device using iTunes can not be deleted off the device.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Nolander07

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
The pictures can't be deleted directly from your phone of you synced them from iTunes, but you can delete them if you plug back into iTunes and delete them from there.

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
you cant delete synced photos from the device. you need to delete or unsync them from the phone through itunes, then resync. pics taken with the device can be deleted however.

Ujjwal Agarwal

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
This is one area I wish apple would change. No reason you shouldn't be able to do this.

yes exactly whats the reason here :( they must change this in there upcoming updates!
and help! i can't find any photos in my itunes library none of them are showing how can i delete then :|
what should i do!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
You can't do it because the whole point of syncing is to have a mirror of the original folders from you computer. If you could delete them then either a) they would get added back during the next sync, or b) they would be deleted from your computer during the next sync. Either way would likely get users mad.

If you want to get rid of them:

To un-sync, plug in your iPad.
In iTunes, click your iPad name in the left hand bar (if you don't have it showing click View/Show Sidebar).
You will now see the summary page for your iPad.
Across the top of the main iTunes window, look for the Photos tab. Click it.
Deselect whatever you don't want to be synced, and then sync again. Those folders will be removed.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
You can't do it because the whole point of syncing is to have a mirror of the original folders from you computer. If you could delete them then either a) they would get added back during the next sync, or b) they would be deleted from your computer during the next sync. Either way would likely get users mad.

If you want to get rid of them:

To un-sync, plug in your iPad.
In iTunes, click your iPad name in the left hand bar (if you don't have it showing click View/Show Sidebar).
You will now see the summary page for your iPad.
Across the top of the main iTunes window, look for the Photos tab. Click it.
Deselect whatever you don't want to be synced, and then sync again. Those folders will be removed.
This is the exact and proper way to have always done this. Ty Massie.

janeatthelake

May 23, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue - cannot delete old photos on my I-phone 6 - carried in when my old phone was synced to this new one. I don't have an ipad. Any suggestions?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue - cannot delete old photos on my I-phone 6 - carried in when my old phone was synced to this new one. I don't have an ipad. Any suggestions?

Did you read the previous answer to this (written almost 2 years ago)? You can delete it manually via iTunes since those pictures are identified by the device as manageable through iTunes (given how they were added to the iPhone).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2