Email App Not Working, wont load mail and battery warm

jasonprice

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Weird problem that started overnight into this morning. Woke up this morning to no email, which is virtually impossible. The phone was very warm as well, was plugged into apple charger and apple lightning cord. At first I could open the email app but it wouldn't sync. I then quit the email app from the app switcher, but then upon re-open it goes to a white screen for a few seconds and then crashes back to the home screen. Restarted phone, mail synced initially but then went back the same symptoms. Did a hard reset of the phone as well, and again it initially synced but then crashed. My next thought was to delete email accounts one by one, but when I go to delete one of them, I just get the "Deleting..." box and the spinning circle. The entire mail app seems to be fubar.

Any ideas?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Email App Not Working

It's possible that the native Mail app is somehow corrupted and it could be due to your device being "very warm". Give it time to cool a bit and try again. If not, you might want to consider putting the device in DFU mode, connecting it to iTunes and restoring it as well as setting it up as a new device. That way, you will have a fresh install of everything.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Email App Not Working

Weird problem. Try what D suggested. I hope you get it resolved soon. Good luck.

jasonprice

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
So I restored from my iCloud backup, which restored the email, but the battery is being drained a lot quicker than normal. The phone is still warm too. I guess next step is going to be restore as a new phone, and the a trip to Apple is that doesn't fix it.

jasonprice

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
So the battery drain was due to a movie downloading from the iCloud restore. Doh! Turned off wifi until I get home and can finish the download. So, all appears to be normal right now. Hoping the email app issue was just a fluke!

jasonprice

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Haha... so today just got better and better. So I turned off the wifi in order to stop the battery drain and the movie downloading. Welp, the movie downloaded regardless, over my LTE connection. I got home from work, and I started getting emails from Verizon that I had used 75% of my data plan, then 90%, then 100% all in about a 3 minute span. So, had to up my data plan for the month :-/

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Haha... so today just got better and better. So I turned off the wifi in order to stop the battery drain and the movie downloading. Welp, the movie downloaded regardless, over my LTE connection. I got home from work, and I started getting emails from Verizon that I had used 75% of my data plan, then 90%, then 100% all in about a 3 minute span. So, had to up my data plan for the month :-/

I guess you should have turned off cellular.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73