App download stuck on 'waiting'

TiredOfPhoneWar

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi Ladijae i know its soo annoying problem.Me too i have the same problem, and i dont know what app is that , its just saying ? waiting? Under gray icon. And i dont have time to check or im so lazy to check on itunes if it can fix it.

LadiJae

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi Ladijae i know its soo annoying problem.Me too i have the same problem, and i dont know what app is that , its just saying ? waiting? Under gray icon. And i dont have time to check or im so lazy to check on itunes if it can fix it.

Yes , weird...
Oh well hopefully it'll just go away eventually

~ Sent from my Sexy iPhone 5s Gold on Tapatalk ~

Chargehammer

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
What I've noticed in the past is it's an app that you have set to sync to your idevice but you don't have enough free space for it to fit. Try connecting your iDevice to your computer that you sync your phone with and remove the app that way. Then see how much room you have on your iDevice and compare that to the amount of room it will take for that specific app.

LadiJae

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
What I've noticed in the past is it's an app that you have set to sync to your idevice but you don't have enough free space for it to fit. Try connecting your iDevice to your computer that you sync your phone with and remove the app that way. Then see how much room you have on your iDevice and compare that to the amount of room it will take for that specific app.

I have tons of space, I tried connecting before to iTunes but iTunes doesn't show the app at all.

do216

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
to fix the stuck apps, go to:
Settings, ITunes and App Store, turn off updates under Automatic Downloads;
go back to home screen and click on the App Store icon, the click on updates and select update all.
After apps finish updating, you can turn automatic updates back on.

Hope this works for you

LadiJae

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
to fix the stuck apps, go to:
Settings, ITunes and App Store, turn off updates under Automatic Downloads;
go back to home screen and click on the App Store icon, the click on updates and select update all.

Hope this works for you

I already don't have automatic downloads on, and none of the apps need updating

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
It seems that you have a problem that nobody has a solution for. Well, they do but they haven't worked so you've said. Maybe take it to an apple store and talk to them. Or you could just toss it in a folder and forget about it all together but that would irritate me just knowing that it's there and just sitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Khaynes315

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the help! I had tried everything BUT this! I was at the point of wiping my phone completely and starting over. Certainly glad I saw your reply before taking that step!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the help! I had tried everything BUT this! I was at the point of wiping my phone completely and starting over. Certainly glad I saw your reply before taking that step!

To whom are you replying in this year and a half old thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

padwann

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
I know this tread is a bit old, but i experienced the same last week and i wanted to help future people resolve this.

So what i did was synced with itunes, and from the apps section of the iphone page in itunes i tried to install an app that was in 'waiting'.
it then notified me that it could not complete because the computer was not authorized to, and all the 'waiting' apps disappeared from my phone.
clicked on store - authorize this computer ( up top ) and it said it already did...
anyway when i then synced again all the waiting apps reappeared and started downloading right away.

hope this helps someone

kind regards, Kenneth

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro