App download stuck on 'waiting'

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Can you connect your device to your computer and see if iTunes will detect it and the app? If it does, delete the app via iTunes and then reinstall it, if you're able to.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Okay, then sign out of the iTunes & App Store, reboot your device, sign back in and try to remove the app.

LadiJae

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Okay, then sign out of the iTunes & App Store, reboot your device, sign back in and try to remove the app.

No luck that way either...you know when you're deleting other apps ,they shake and have the x by it so you delete it. There's no x on this way , so I can't delete it.

~ Sent from my Sexy iPhone 5s Gold on Tapatalk ~

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Can you go to Settings-General-Usage -Show All Apps and delete it that way, if it's listed?

LadiJae

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Can you go to Settings-General-Usage -Show All Apps and delete it that way, if it's listed?

OMG !! I never knew I could do that.
Thanks so much! 👏👏👏👏
Once I deleted the app that way it was removed, but it left a graph like icon behind with its name, then I could long press and the x came up and I removed it for good!! 👌

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
(Laughing)...I'm glad you got it taken care of, my friend...:)...Have a great night.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I just luv it when a plan (fix) comes together. I have to store this in my memory bank for future refrence. I didn't know how to fix it so I've been following along....SMILE. ;)

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me before and it eventually cleared itself. I just hid the app in a folder so I could ignore it. Hope you get a fix soon!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes it is because of content downloading like music or podcasts and a problem associated with that. It has happened to me before a number of times and was always related to a podcast stuck on downloading. Clear that problem and the app should download as normal.

LadiJae

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes it is because of content downloading like music or podcasts and a problem associated with that. It has happened to me before a number of times and was always related to a podcast stuck on downloading. Clear that problem and the app should download as normal.

I hadn't downloaded anything at the time the app was being installed. It was the first day I got the phone, all the other apple apps downloaded fully except that one. And it's been like that for two weeks!

I JUST put music on my phone Saturday for the time....no podcasts, nothing else....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro