Can you connect your device to your computer and see if iTunes will detect it and the app? If it does, delete the app via iTunes and then reinstall it, if you're able to.
    It does not detect it...doesn't show up

~ Sent from my Sexy iPhone 5s Gold on Tapatalk ~
    12-14-2013 09:55 PM
    Okay, then sign out of the iTunes & App Store, reboot your device, sign back in and try to remove the app.
    12-14-2013 10:17 PM
    Okay, then sign out of the iTunes & App Store, reboot your device, sign back in and try to remove the app.
    No luck that way either...you know when you're deleting other apps ,they shake and have the x by it so you delete it. There's no x on this way , so I can't delete it.

12-14-2013 10:25 PM
    App download stuck on 'waiting'-imageuploadedbytapatalk1387077977.487751.jpg

12-14-2013 10:26 PM
    Can you go to Settings-General-Usage -Show All Apps and delete it that way, if it's listed?
    jasonprice likes this.
    12-14-2013 10:47 PM
    Can you go to Settings-General-Usage -Show All Apps and delete it that way, if it's listed?
    OMG !! I never knew I could do that.
    Thanks so much! 👏👏👏👏
    Once I deleted the app that way it was removed, but it left a graph like icon behind with its name, then I could long press and the x came up and I removed it for good!! 👌

12-14-2013 10:50 PM
    (Laughing)...I'm glad you got it taken care of, my friend......Have a great night.
    Spencerdl and iOS Gravity like this.
    12-14-2013 10:52 PM
    (Laughing)...I'm glad you got it taken care of, my friend......Have a great night.
    You have a great night also! I really didn't want to have to reset every thing!! Lifesaver you are!!!

12-14-2013 10:53 PM
    It has come back in another form LOL
    App download stuck on 'waiting'-imageuploadedbytapatalk1387080534.171643.jpg
    U see the last icon it says waiting ....
    Whatever I'm over it lol

12-14-2013 11:09 PM
    I just luv it when a plan (fix) comes together. I have to store this in my memory bank for future refrence. I didn't know how to fix it so I've been following along....SMILE.
    Just_Me_D, LadiJae and iOS Gravity like this.
    12-14-2013 11:10 PM
    It has come back in another form LOL
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387080534.171643.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	114.4 KB 
ID:	44393
    U see the last icon it says waiting ....
    Whatever I'm over it lol

I'm sure it'll clear itself eventually.
    12-14-2013 11:23 PM
    This happened to me before and it eventually cleared itself. I just hid the app in a folder so I could ignore it. Hope you get a fix soon!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    LadiJae likes this.
    12-14-2013 11:52 PM
    I'm sure it'll clear itself eventually.
    Hopefully Apple gets rid of this bug.
    12-15-2013 10:27 AM
    Sometimes it is because of content downloading like music or podcasts and a problem associated with that. It has happened to me before a number of times and was always related to a podcast stuck on downloading. Clear that problem and the app should download as normal.
    12-15-2013 06:50 PM
    Sometimes it is because of content downloading like music or podcasts and a problem associated with that. It has happened to me before a number of times and was always related to a podcast stuck on downloading. Clear that problem and the app should download as normal.
    I hadn't downloaded anything at the time the app was being installed. It was the first day I got the phone, all the other apple apps downloaded fully except that one. And it's been like that for two weeks!

I JUST put music on my phone Saturday for the time....no podcasts, nothing else....

12-15-2013 07:38 PM
    Hi Ladijae i know its soo annoying problem.Me too i have the same problem, and i dont know what app is that , its just saying waiting Under gray icon. And i dont have time to check or im so lazy to check on itunes if it can fix it.
    12-15-2013 07:45 PM
    Hi Ladijae i know its soo annoying problem.Me too i have the same problem, and i dont know what app is that , its just saying waiting Under gray icon. And i dont have time to check or im so lazy to check on itunes if it can fix it.
    Yes , weird...
    Oh well hopefully it'll just go away eventually

12-15-2013 07:47 PM
    What I've noticed in the past is it's an app that you have set to sync to your idevice but you don't have enough free space for it to fit. Try connecting your iDevice to your computer that you sync your phone with and remove the app that way. Then see how much room you have on your iDevice and compare that to the amount of room it will take for that specific app.
    12-16-2013 04:49 PM
    What I've noticed in the past is it's an app that you have set to sync to your idevice but you don't have enough free space for it to fit. Try connecting your iDevice to your computer that you sync your phone with and remove the app that way. Then see how much room you have on your iDevice and compare that to the amount of room it will take for that specific app.
    I have tons of space, I tried connecting before to iTunes but iTunes doesn't show the app at all.

12-16-2013 05:54 PM
    Try the iPhone Configuration app for Windows or Mac. It's free from Apple and is usually used when an IT shop has to provision a bunch of devices at the same time and the same way. But anyone can use it and it's pretty easy. Just like in iTunes on the PC you can see your phone and then tabs for apps that are installed. And you can delete an app from there. It is possible that your rogue app may show up here and be able to be deleted. I didn't have this exact issue, but I was able to use it to delete an app I couldn't delete any other way.
    LadiJae likes this.
    12-16-2013 06:14 PM
    to fix the stuck apps, go to:
    Settings, ITunes and App Store, turn off updates under Automatic Downloads;
    go back to home screen and click on the App Store icon, the click on updates and select update all.
    After apps finish updating, you can turn automatic updates back on.

Hope this works for you
    12-19-2013 08:39 PM
    to fix the stuck apps, go to:
    Settings, ITunes and App Store, turn off updates under Automatic Downloads;
    go back to home screen and click on the App Store icon, the click on updates and select update all.

Hope this works for you
    I already don't have automatic downloads on, and none of the apps need updating

12-19-2013 08:42 PM
    It seems that you have a problem that nobody has a solution for. Well, they do but they haven't worked so you've said. Maybe take it to an apple store and talk to them. Or you could just toss it in a folder and forget about it all together but that would irritate me just knowing that it's there and just sitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-21-2013 01:20 AM
    Thanks for the help! I had tried everything BUT this! I was at the point of wiping my phone completely and starting over. Certainly glad I saw your reply before taking that step!
    06-26-2015 05:49 PM
    Thanks for the help! I had tried everything BUT this! I was at the point of wiping my phone completely and starting over. Certainly glad I saw your reply before taking that step!
    To whom are you replying in this year and a half old thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-26-2015 06:44 PM
51 123