New 5S: Power Button Rattle

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I keep both my 5s' in cases so I haven't noticed. Perhaps Apple felt like they need to keep up with Samsung since Samsung has that loose/rattling home button on the Note 3.

Sent from my titanium rMini LTE

That's weird I had the Note 3 twice and the home bottom never made a rattle sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
That's weird I had the Note 3 twice and the home bottom never made a rattle sound.

I guess it doesn't rattle so much as it's just loose and doesn't like to remain straight like on all the other Samsung phones. It's weird their flagship would have this issue.

Sent from my iridium iPad Air LTE 

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
So your saying it's the camera lens instead of the lock button ? Why you figure that ?

I was told that in a thread when the 5s first came out. Lol

Now I do know it's the power button while shaking and holding the button.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S

vegas33139

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Well, after a visit to my local Apple store for an exchange because of this power button rattle, I was given a brand-new gold 5s replacement and that also rattles - but, not as much!!!

I'm still not happy about it but what can you do if they all seem to have the power button rattle? I'm seriously thinking of taking it back for a full refund under the 14 day no quibble return policy and just buying something else and wait for the iPhone 6 to come out. That's ok, but what the hell would I buy as a serious iPhone contender while I wait for the iPhone6 release?

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Well, after a visit to my local Apple store for an exchange because of this power button rattle, I was given a brand-new gold 5s replacement and that also rattles - but, not as much!!!

I'm still not happy about it but what can you do if they all seem to have the power button rattle? I'm seriously thinking of taking it back for a full refund under the 14 day no quibble return policy and just buying something else and wait for the iPhone 6 to come out. That's ok, but what the hell would I buy as a serious iPhone contender while I wait for the iPhone6 release?

What kind of case will you be using to preserve and protect your beautiful champagne 5s? It may nullify the rattle.

Sent from my iridium iPad Air LTE 

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
My power button rattles. But the only way to hear it is to shake it next to my ear. Under normal handling conditions I don't hear anything.

elvisx77

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Mine also rattles but it doesn't really matter since im using a Spigen case all the time.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums mobile app

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I have absolutely no motivation to shake my phone in search of a rattle. ...that just isn't me.

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I showed my coworker the threads, he shook it up against his ear and it rattled. We both said "Hmm, interesting" then went about our day. I've heard many rattles on multiple devices, cars, other electronics..... As long as it still works properly, I don't see it as that big of a deal.

Besides, if people didn't start randomly shaking their phone, I doubt this issue would be too obvious right?

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I've got this issue too, like others have said under normal use i don't notice it but when setting the phone down somewhere i can hear it. I beleive a rattle comes from the camera too as i had 2x 5C's that did it and now a 5S that does too. I've also got a clicking/popping screen from time to time also. They are minor issues though and the phone works fine so i'm not that bothered but i certainly didn't expect anything to rattle on such a premium device.

vegas33139

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
I ended up taking mine back for a refund. Although it didn't affect the functionality or the operation of the phone in any way, I was zoned in on that rattle. I swear I could hear it in my sleep.

I know it doesn't bother a lot of people, but it did me. I paid a lot of money for my sim free (off contract) 5s and expect , as advertised, a premium product. Imho, I wasn't getting that.

I've gone back to using my Lumia 720 as my DD. I will wait to see what the iPhone 6 brings.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods