Mine is also the power button. Try pressing it down, then shake your phone.
    Garz likes this.
    02-04-2014 05:14 AM
    Mine is also the power button. Try pressing it down, then shake your phone.
    Yea I tried that yesterday it is the power button for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-04-2014 06:12 AM
    So your saying it's the camera lens instead of the lock button ? Why you figure that ?

I was told that in a thread when the 5s first came out. Lol

Now I do know it's the power button while shaking and holding the button.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S
    02-04-2014 11:05 PM
    Well, after a visit to my local Apple store for an exchange because of this power button rattle, I was given a brand-new gold 5s replacement and that also rattles - but, not as much!!!

I'm still not happy about it but what can you do if they all seem to have the power button rattle? I'm seriously thinking of taking it back for a full refund under the 14 day no quibble return policy and just buying something else and wait for the iPhone 6 to come out. That's ok, but what the hell would I buy as a serious iPhone contender while I wait for the iPhone6 release?
    02-05-2014 07:15 AM
    Well, after a visit to my local Apple store for an exchange because of this power button rattle, I was given a brand-new gold 5s replacement and that also rattles - but, not as much!!!

I'm still not happy about it but what can you do if they all seem to have the power button rattle? I'm seriously thinking of taking it back for a full refund under the 14 day no quibble return policy and just buying something else and wait for the iPhone 6 to come out. That's ok, but what the hell would I buy as a serious iPhone contender while I wait for the iPhone6 release?
    What kind of case will you be using to preserve and protect your beautiful champagne 5s? It may nullify the rattle.

Sent from my iridium iPad Air LTE 
    02-05-2014 08:09 AM
    Have slight rattle, but it's coming from the camera, my 5 did the same thing.
    02-05-2014 08:31 AM
    My 5s is only 3 days old (removed from box) and doesn't rattle at all.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    02-05-2014 03:13 PM
    My power button rattles. But the only way to hear it is to shake it next to my ear. Under normal handling conditions I don't hear anything.
    02-05-2014 04:56 PM
    Mine also rattles but it doesn't really matter since im using a Spigen case all the time.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums mobile app
    02-06-2014 07:16 AM
    My power button rattles. But the only way to hear it is to shake it next to my ear. Under normal handling conditions I don't hear anything.
    +1 😪

02-07-2014 12:06 AM
    Mine has no rattle whatsoever, even when shaken.
    02-08-2014 01:58 PM
    I have absolutely no motivation to shake my phone in search of a rattle. ...that just isn't me.

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE
    02-08-2014 04:41 PM
    I showed my coworker the threads, he shook it up against his ear and it rattled. We both said "Hmm, interesting" then went about our day. I've heard many rattles on multiple devices, cars, other electronics..... As long as it still works properly, I don't see it as that big of a deal.

Besides, if people didn't start randomly shaking their phone, I doubt this issue would be too obvious right?
    iRiidium likes this.
    02-08-2014 05:38 PM
    I've got this issue too, like others have said under normal use i don't notice it but when setting the phone down somewhere i can hear it. I beleive a rattle comes from the camera too as i had 2x 5C's that did it and now a 5S that does too. I've also got a clicking/popping screen from time to time also. They are minor issues though and the phone works fine so i'm not that bothered but i certainly didn't expect anything to rattle on such a premium device.
    02-12-2014 08:29 AM
    I ended up taking mine back for a refund. Although it didn't affect the functionality or the operation of the phone in any way, I was zoned in on that rattle. I swear I could hear it in my sleep.

I know it doesn't bother a lot of people, but it did me. I paid a lot of money for my sim free (off contract) 5s and expect , as advertised, a premium product. Imho, I wasn't getting that.

I've gone back to using my Lumia 720 as my DD. I will wait to see what the iPhone 6 brings.
    02-17-2014 10:28 AM
    Mine rattles too. No big deal. It's not solid state.

02-21-2014 11:44 PM
    I like the rattling sound on my 5s.my 5 had it too.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 4
    02-22-2014 01:09 AM
42 12