I am trying to set up the sensor to purchase apps from the app store. This is my first iPhone so bear with me. I went to the Apple website and this is the information I got.....

You can also use Touch ID instead of entering your Apple ID password to purchase content from the iTunes Store, App Store, and iBooks Store.

If you haven't already, ensure that iTunes & App Store is enabled in Settings > General > Touch ID & Passcode > Touch ID. If you can't enable this setting, ensure that your Apple ID is signed in under Settings > iTunes & App Store.

Okay so when I went into settings/general/touchID and passcode it just shows to enter the passcode. Is that correct and should I enter it? I thought that there would be more information than that then just entering my passcode. If anyone has any more information I would appreciate it and in detail would be helpful also.
    thanks for a reply 
    12-08-2013 05:13 PM
    You have to click on TouchID after you click on it from General then there'll be two switches.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.
    12-08-2013 05:18 PM
    Ive found the touch ID for your password is trivial as to when it allows the touch ID and when it required a password. The first time I bought something it required my password. Since then its been 50/50 as to whether it asked for my fingerprint or password.
    12-08-2013 05:29 PM
    Thanks for all the replies. I got it working now. Sometimes things are so obvious that it's easy to miss. thanks to all....*
    12-09-2013 02:09 PM
    Since I set up my fingerprint ID on day one of owning this AWESOME device (GOLD 5s), the Fingerprint ID has worked flawlessly, I'm not quite understanding why people are having soooo many problems. Mine is working great for purchases and unlocking the phone.......must be in the GOLD. SMILE
    12-09-2013 02:21 PM
    Mine also has worked flawless, it must be the gold 😁😁

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold..
    Spencerdl likes this.
    12-09-2013 02:30 PM