Does your screen click?

itsmemuffins

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Just discovered that my new 4 day old 5s screen clicks in and out if pressed on the middle left hand side :(

Exactly like in this video.

iPhone 5 Glass Clicking Problem - YouTube

No Apple Store in the republic of Ireland. Closest one is in Belfast Northern Ireland two and a half hours drive away. I'll need to call Apple for a replacement but they can forget about charging me the ?29 advanced replacement fee. Such a PITA.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
My wife's iPhone 5 from original launch day did that. Apple replaced it. None of our devices since have done that including our 5s's.

fuigus

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Mine does as well. Mine is a 32GB space grey iphone 5S. Mine made a creaking sound on the top right corner whenever I pressed on the screen. It looks like the glue on the LCD wasn't too good. Brought it to the service centre from where I got the phone from. They added in new adhesive and now it is back to normal ( for the time being ).

DarkBlade_95

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
That's quite weird. Never had a clicky screen before, or even heard of this issue. As someone has already said, maybe the glue is having some problems and the screen may be coming off.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

itsmemuffins

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I can actually feel the screen move when I press down. Not just a clicking noise. I'm calling Apple in the morning, I'm pretty sure they'll send me a replacement.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
When I first read this thread, I instantly checked to see if I had the same thing your mentioning. Luckily, mine is flawless.
Maybe try posting your iPhone.

itsmemuffins

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I called Apple support this morning and they are sending out a brand new phone in a retail package as this is within in 14 days. One of the main reasons I use Apples products is their faultless customer service. :):yes:

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I called Apple support this morning and they are sending out a brand new phone in a retail package as this is within in 14 days. One of the main reasons I use Apples products is their faultless customer service. :):yes:

Glad to hear it all turned out well for you, we love Apple customer service, don't we? ��

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Mine clicks in the upper left hand corner. Will be heading to the Apple Store this weekend. Hopefully they'll replace it. What sucks is that I will have to get new ZAGG skins. :-(