Touch ID experience review

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Two days into using the Touch ID fingerprint reader I find it to be very useful for unlocking your phone quickly and effortlessly going from a secure protected state to accessing your i5s is greatly reduced and in my case 100% accurate so far with only one print reading it helps that I have a profound print pattern very thick ridges was told this years ago in the Boy Scouts not to follow the criminal path because I will get caught easy 😏

I found the Home Button on the i5s feels different more push pressure and denser than the i5. I'm assuming it has to do with the sapphire element and design but by no means unpleasant
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1386194641.860980.jpg

Overall I'm very impressed this is the one thing that worried me about buying the i5s but realize now it's all part of the Apple Experience as a whole

You can choose to not use it but at least give it a chance you might be surprised at how much you like it 😎

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The negative publicity around the touch sensor is really not surprising...it comes from the same pointless media articles that trashed the Map system as completely useless a year or so ago as well. When people actually USE the feature, they find their experience (9 times out of 10) to be a completely different scenario. My experience with the touch sensor has been flawless...on all THREE of my 5S's that I've owned so far (and to be honest, I was a bit of a cynic when it came to the feature when I first got the 5S)...I'm really glad to see others are having the same experience as I have, because personally, I can't imagine going back to having a simple on screen unlock feature anymore.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I like it. Works about 95% of the time for me. It was a definite duh moment for me when I tried to do it with gloves on... It wasn't my finest moment.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm enjoying touch ID also. It works 100% of the time and is extremely convenient.

It was a definite duh moment for me when I tried to do it with gloves on... It wasn't my finest moment.

I do this all the time LOL. I have touch screen gloves and I always forget I have them on😁

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sparzokm

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
It wasn't my finest moment.
12ce2.jpg

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I would say it works for me about 99% of the time, the other 1% that it doesn't work is when I use the wrong finger DUH. I really don't understand all of the negativity. Works like a charm with total protection......hummm a no brainer from my point of view.

abazigal

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I initially had quite a few issues with my 5s not reading my fingerprint properly. I am wondering if it has anything to do with my scanning my fingerprint horizontally, rather than vertically?

I did a settings reset, rescanned my thumbprint in the vertical position, and it has been working well so far. Once or twice, it still refused to recognise my print though.

mfldmike

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I'd say my experience has been about 90-95% accurate. I work in a dusty environment, so I'll attribute the errors to debris on the sapphire crystal. I especially like the ease of use for purchases out of the App Store.

Some people say it's gimmicky, I think it's innovative. The only thing that's gimmicky is the features in Android devices like a temperature sensor, air gestures, & humidity sensors.

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I'd say my experience has been about 90-95% accurate. I work in a dusty environment, so I'll attribute the errors to debris on the sapphire crystal. I especially like the ease of use for purchases out of the App Store.

Some people say it's gimmicky, I think it's innovative. The only thing that's gimmicky is the features in Android devices like a temperature sensor, air gestures, & humidity sensors.

The only reason the android features are gimmicky because Apple didn't do it first.

The instability on the 5s with 7.0.4 is very un-apple like. Battery drain with a minimum features turned on is disappointing. Inability to tweak the theme. Multitask bar should be implemented like on old blackberry. Glass magnifying icon for precisely selecting text location stinks..needs keyboard up/down/left/right.

I'll think of others.

mfldmike

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
It is relevant to Touch ID because I've heard and read reviews of the Touch ID being just a gimmick...I'd like a comparison model which is why I suggested other features of different devices. This is totally relevant to the topic...

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I originally had the Space Grey and it work very well. Now that I have the silver I say it works about 75% of the time. I think that it might have to do with the screen protector being right on the edge of the outer siver ring. It almost never works right when I get out of the shower either but I don't think I had that problem with the Space Grey as much.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
My experience with touchid was not a good one in terms of accuracy. I followed the steps, tried different sets of prints, etc.

I got to thinking. I'm 6'8" with huge hands. Could it be that when I register a digit, especially a thumb, that the a sensor simply cannot incorporate all of the potential registries for the particular thumb in this example? I'm probably way off, but just wondering.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
My experience has been hit or miss ... Lately it has been working amazingly well, I did update to the 7.1 beta and then downgrade back to 7.0.4 ... I almost wonder if there was a firmware update sent to the reader as it works almost always.

jasonprice

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Touch ID works about 99% of the time for me so far. The few times that it hasnt worked its been user error, wrong finger, or bad finger placement.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods