Has anyone ever seen the iPhone Temperature warning?

barrcuda70

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
My iPhone typically runs cold.

If I saw that message, I would be contacting Apple right away. If I had Apple Care, I would take advantage of it to make sure any internals were not damaged.

I don't think any internals were damaged because my phone is actually working fine now. But it feels good to know that they have that built in.

barrcuda70

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
My iPhone gets warm, but not hot. It's cold or handwarm most of the time.. even when it's charging.

I think it's okay, when the iPhone gets warm, but this message is... creepy.
Where do you live? In the desert? What's the temperature out there? Or in your car? What did you do with your phone? Did you boil it? :D
What happened before that message appeared?

I was actually on my way home from Lincoln Nebraska and the temperature outside was 30?

Megan Blok

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
The thing is my phone didn't feel hot when I touched it and took the screen shot. Not sure why it at least let me do that.

That's really weird that it wasn't hot on my 5s I can be playing graphic intensive games and i can feel some heat but it never triggers the fail safe.

jasonprice

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Like others, the only time I have seen that is with my old 3GS, left it in the car while in the gym. It was pretty darn hot that day.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I used to see that almost every day back when I used a 3GS in a vent mount in my car. The hot air in the winter would cause that to appear once a day so I would turn down the heat a bit. Never hurt the phone in any way.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Does it show anything in the diagnostics? I'd take to Apple and see what they can give you for input. That's very strange.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I only saw it on my 4S once and that was at a football game a few months ago when I sat it on the bleachers for a few minutes in direct sunlight

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR