Has anyone ever seen the iPhone Temperature warning?

barrcuda70

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
All the time. Most of the time it's in the summer and the phone is in my car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was driving home from work and it came up while I was on a call. Had my Bluetooth on for music and my calls and text. But the phone didn't feel hot at all.
Should I worry about the battery because of it?

kurpaige

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I just don't want to have my phone over heat and get ruined. I know I could always take it to the apple store if anything. But don't want to have to go through the trouble.

My iPhones in the past would overheat all the time in the car but never had problems. I would just let it cool down and then use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Just curious when you took that screenshot because it shows No Service

Sent from my iPhone 5 soon to be 5s Gold 64GB

barrcuda70

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Just curious when you took that screenshot because it shows No Service

That's because it shut everything down. And had to cool off. Like I said I was in the middle of a call when it happened and disconnected and went to that.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like Apple build in a fail safe which is a good thing it shutdown before it got to hot to cause damage

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Never seen that on my android phones.

My Palm phones use to overheat you couldn't even touch them and that story of the guy who's phone caught fire in his pocket

Seems like Apple has the antenna shutdown to help cool it off

wamsille

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
My iPhone typically runs cold.

If I saw that message, I would be contacting Apple right away. If I had Apple Care, I would take advantage of it to make sure any internals were not damaged.

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
My iPhone gets warm, but not hot. It's cold or handwarm most of the time.. even when it's charging.

I think it's okay, when the iPhone gets warm, but this message is... creepy.
Where do you live? In the desert? What's the temperature out there? Or in your car? What did you do with your phone? Did you boil it? :D
What happened before that message appeared?

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
As some of the previous posts said, I have only seen that once and it was when my phone was sitting in my car in the summer. I have never had that happen during a call, and again...it only happened once. I left my phone accidentally in my car while I ran somewhere. It was sitting with the windows up and in the sun, so it makes sense....your situation, however, seems a little odd to me. I would set up a genius bar appointment, explain the situation, and see what they say. That is what I would do at lease if this occured while I was just making a phone call.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Yup summer time in a car is the only time I have seen it. But if you think there is another issue. Have Apple check the device out.