A friend going to buy a 5s from Apple.com, when I bought mine only had one option T-Mobile, now have T-Mobile and Sim-Free the difference is the shipping time, TMo says 3-5 days.. And sim free 1-2 weeks

I got mine with a TMo sim included and it's unlocked...

Just wanna confirm that the one that ship with the sim still unlocked..(ya I know it should, but would like a confirmation)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-02-2013 12:05 PM
    A friend going to buy a 5s from Apple.com, when I bought mine only had one option T-Mobile, now have T-Mobile and Sim-Free the difference is the shipping time, TMo says 3-5 days.. And sim free 1-2 weeks

I got mine with a TMo sim included and it's unlocked...

Just wanna confirm that the one that ship with the sim still unlocked..(ya I know it should, but would like a confirmation)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The tmobile one will also be unlocked assuming you are paying full price for it. The only difference between the tmobile one and the sim-free is the sim.
    12-02-2013 12:49 PM
    I bought mine on Release,the only option in the page was TMo. If you go to Apple, click on Store, then click on Shop iPhone, and Select an iPhone 5s, you can see in the bottom that "Contract Free" got 2 options, TMobile (with a Avariable to ship 3-5 days) and Sim-free (avariable to ship 1-2 weeks).

For normal people they know that both phones are the same, but why the difference on the Shipping time? maybe you're intelligence could solve that problem.

And like I said earlier.. Just looking for a confirmation.

The tmobile one will also be unlocked assuming you are paying full price for it. The only difference between the tmobile one and the sim-free is the sim.
    Thanks Karen!
    Last edited by Irish Rose; 12-04-2013 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Removed Quoted post
    12-02-2013 01:45 PM
    I'm fairly sure that in the US, Apple has some sort of contractual agreement with the carriers not to sell sim-free/contract-free phones until after a certain time.
    However this year tmobile threw a wrench into this because tmobile is no longer subsidizing phones and your only choice is contract-free (i.e., from apple you can only buy a full price tmobile phone).
    So the sim-free phone is the exact same as the tmobile phone (and a full price ATT phone for that matter) without the SIM card.
    As to why the shipping times are different, no clue.
    12-02-2013 02:52 PM
    Take your own advice ...
    Maybe the OP thought they made perfect ... not the case.
    You're living up to your forum nom de plume... your actions here are "not quite right"... I suggest a little reflection, and thinking before posting...
    12-02-2013 03:43 PM
    I Bought mine 1 month ago (T-Mobile) and it's unlocked, the only diference, as someone told you earlier, it's the sim card...
    12-02-2013 03:46 PM