Due for an Upgrade

rawrblaah

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Ok. Each to their own. But if you can afford the device itself and the monthly charges to the carrier, then I'm guessing you can afford 1.99 now and then even if you don't end up liking the app.

Actually, I have been saving up in order to get a new phone. So spending a $1.99 just for a game is a little outrageous. I don't pay for my phone bill, which I am very lucky to have my parents take care of it for me. I do help when I can to help from being a burden. I'm also one who loves to save money. I am actually planning on trading in my current iPhone so I can upgrade. I'm not one who likes to throw away money just because I don't like something. :talk-hand:

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I just left the Android family, I had a Samsung Galaxy 3, and the difference in build quality is amazing.......the Galaxy 3 just felt very fragile where as the iphone 5s screams quality. I'm not saying I would never go back to Android, but the iphone 5s is a better all aroung smartphone for what I (key word "I") like in a smartphone

TiredOfPhoneWar

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Actually, I have been saving up in order to get a new phone. So spending a $1.99 just for a game is a little outrageous. I don't pay for my phone bill, which I am very lucky to have my parents take care of it for me. I do help when I can to help from being a burden. I'm also one who loves to save money. I am actually planning on trading in my current iPhone so I can upgrade. I'm not one who likes to throw away money just because I don't like something. :talk-hand:

Alright i understand, but there are so many apps free in ios, but if you wanna go android its up to you if you want to search some experience , but i can say that you should try the i5S, anyway goodluck with any phone you choose:)

aue123

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
both phones are the same in features.. It all comes down to battery life.. my droid maxx gives me an easy 2 days with every feature turned on. thats "everything" as in location, bluetooth, push, widgets, background data.. you name it and its turned on. well except for the screen - had to add that last part for the people who are like "screen on for 48 hours, yea right" what good is a phone if it has a dead battery or your always charging it throughout the day.

rawrblaah

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
So I've been meaning to post what my decision was. So... here it is!

Back in January, I had decided on the Samsung Galaxy S4. I chose the blue color that was available on the Verizon carrier. I was excited to have a bigger screen and a new phone. For the first couple of days, I had fun with the customizations that I was able to do than on the iPhone. I enjoyed being able to use certain apps that I wasn't able to get on the iPhone. However, a few days later, about day 5 or so, I had finally decided that the Samsung Galaxy S4 just wasn't for me...

As much as I enjoyed the big screen and customizations, I just couldn't stand a few things about it...
  1. I felt like the screen was too big for my thumbs! I couldn't text on the phone with just 1 thumb.
  2. I didn't enjoy how I couldn't have my emjois. I love having the ability of using my emojis.
  3. I noticed it to be laggy compared to the iPhone I had prior. To me, that was not acceptable because I have little to no patience with laggy phones...
  4. I felt overwhelmed with all the customizaiton options I had. I guess I just enjoy simple.

In the end, I ended up getting myself the iPhone 5S Silver. Ever since switching back to the iPhone, I have been so happy and content with my final decision.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Good work that lass.

I am in a similar position but mine is slightly different. I broke my iPhone 5 last week and I have been due for an upgrade for about two months. I could upgrade free of charge to the iPhone 5S but I kinda want to hold off until the iPhone 6 rolls around. Decisions, decisions.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Good work that lass.

I am in a similar position but mine is slightly different. I broke my iPhone 5 last week and I have been due for an upgrade for about two months. I could upgrade free of charge to the iPhone 5S but I kinda want to hold off until the iPhone 6 rolls around. Decisions, decisions.

What phone are you using in the mean time? If it's something you can tolerate for a few more months, I'd definitely wait.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
An HTC One I relegated to a drawer as I was going to sell it.

Yeah I think i'll wait but I really, really miss my iPhone. :(

Ah. I'd definitely hold out if you have the One as it's still a remarkable phone. I'm currently itching for the One M8 but I'm not going to buy it as I know I won't like it as much as my 5S, despite its beauty. I, will however, repeat my routine from last year by arriving at the Verizon store at 5:30am on the morning of the iPhone 6 launch to snatch mine up! :yes:

If I can make it the full year, it'll be the longest I've ever kept a phone. I managed to keep my BlackBerry Z10 and LG Chocolate 2 (best dumb phone ever without a doubt) for seven months, but if I can ever make it a year then the 5S is definitely the phone that'll get me there!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner