IMessage/FaceTime turning off everytime I lose coverage!

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I posted here a week ago that I had some issues activating iMessage/FaceTime over etisalat Egypt (Yes iMessage/FaceTime is not blocked in Egypt)

Yesterday I decided to switch to Vodafone, I activated iMessage/FaceTime and everything was fine, I was driving and I lost coverage, once the coverage came back the iPhone asked if I would like to send an SMS to activate iMessage/FaceTime (Again!) I clicked ok and got charged for international messaging. Then it happened again as I lost coverage and again and again...!

I tried to call Vodafone more than once and they have no idea about iMessage/FaceTime. Some are asking me to remove those "apps" and re install them, and others saying my SIM could be damaged and causing this... What do you think the reason might be?

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums mobile app

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea. It could be a deliberate attempt by the company or government to force you to fork over money. Of course, I have no proof and I can't explain how it could be done. Have you tried texting and Video calling via any third party apps to see whether or not the results are the same?

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I have no idea. It could be a deliberate attempt by the company or government to force you to fork over money. Of course, I have no proof and I can't explain how it could be done. Have you tried texting and Video calling via any third party apps to see whether or not the results are the same?

Apparently it was a software bug, a strange one that affected both 7.0.4 and 7.1 on my phone. Now as I reset all settings (didn't erase content) everything is working normally.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Apparently it was a software bug, a strange one that affected both 7.0.4 and 7.1 on my phone. Now as I reset all settings (didn't erase content) everything is working normally.

That's great to hear, and thank you for the update. Enjoy the rest of your weekend...:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox