Certain power outlets prevent iPhone 5s TouchID sensor from working...

H4kB24_cE8tn3A

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
GFCI receptacles require no ground wire. None. GFCI breakers and receptacles are allowed to be used on a two wire ungrounded circuit per the NEC. All that is required for a GFCI receptacle to function properly is a grounded (neutral) and ungrounded (hot) wire. A grounding (bare or green) wire is not required. GFCI receptacles and breakers work on a change in milliamps. They are designed for personnel safety. Not for protection of equipment.

martan

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
It is obvious from all of your explanations that the problem isn`t the phone or the charger ,it`s your plugs or the circuit they are on . Chances are are all the plugs that are causing you the problem are on the same circuit . It is either a faulty breaker , too much on the breaker , or there is a minor short or a wiring problem in that circuit.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I bought a 300 watt power inverter for a long car trip. Plugging in the iPhone 4 yielded inconsistent results when trying to login. My wife was complaining she couldn't login sporadically when the phone was charging. Unplug the charging cable, no issue; plug the charging cable in; sporadic login issues. The cheap power inverters don't generate a true sine wave A/C; maybe the phone is sensitive to that.

So what I'm thinking, is that there may be an issue with your power at the source, you may want to have an electrician come in and test the lines. You may not have clean power and not know it.

Most power inverters a consumer can buy do not produce a pure sine wave like a wall outlet. They produce a square wave which have have an infinite number of harmonics and will have an effect on some electronic equipment operations. On a project at work I needed to replace gas generators with battery power. I bought pure sine wave inverters for about $2500 each. This was due to the required power consumption, about 2000 watts continuous and the equipment I was running would not work accurately with any other power except DC which was not an option.

In another case I tried to use a 300 watt power inverter I bought from Pep Boys and the device I was trying to operate failed continuously, it would start to power up then would fail. It only drew about 20 watts so I knew it wasn't the inverter overloading.

You can check your outlets, whether they are wired correctly, real easy. You can buy an outlet checker at Home Depot, https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...%253FNao%253D48%23.Up5SpdtXskc&token=v3LNSvht

I have both a GCFI and a non-GCFI type I use when there is any chance of incorrect electrical wiring. That may shed some light on the problem.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73