• I have problems with it sometimes.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • No, it's terrible!

Votes: 5 4.2%

• Total voters

GusHerb

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
It learns the more you use it. It probably just took some time to map your finger for the way you use Touch ID

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

I figured as much, It takes far less time for it to read my prints then it did when I set it up a week ago. My first impressions were "did I just upgrade from a 5 for THIS?" Now it's actually pretty cool how fast it works.

Frost Forged

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I got my 5S in October. Before 7.1 it would work about 50% of the time. Since the update it's been working 95+% of the time.

As time goes along it frustrates me more and more that Touch ID isn't on my retina iPad mini.

I love watching other companies (HTC and Samsung) try to copy what Apple's done and fail miserably.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

bgesullo

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Looks like a new update came through today. Apparently it improves TouchID. Let's see what it has to offer

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I try it for a few days and then end up turning it off because it's not consistent for me at all...😔

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I try it for a few days and then end up turning it off because it's not consistent for me at all...��

That's strange as it has always been consistent for me...One thing to take note is to make sure you get your whole thumb on the sensor, and if not it probably would cause inconsistencies, so it really should be under the understanding that the proper thumb alignment needs to be maintained for a perfect experience with Touch ID.

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
That's strange as it has always been consistent for me...One thing to take note is to make sure you get your whole thumb on the sensor, and if not it probably would cause inconsistencies, so it really should be under the understanding that the proper thumb alignment needs to be maintained for a perfect experience with Touch ID.

Thanks for the tips...I've done that (deleted fingerprint and set back up, added multiple fingerprints to try and 'capture it all') and no luck😔

Sent from my sweet sassy silver iPhone

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the tips...I've done that (deleted fingerprint and set back up, added multiple fingerprints to try and 'capture it all') and no luck��

Sent from my sweet sassy silver iPhone

If it's working a good amount of time then it's fine. If not, I suspect you need to get that sensor checked.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Didn't work to well with my lifeproof nuud case cause my thumb was too big to really fit in the hole that they made for it. Works better with the regular lifeproof fre though. I gave my nuud to my sister lol.

bailman

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Mine has been working very well since update? Before I would need to clean off the sensor daily to get it to recognize my print every time.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner