• I have problems with it sometimes.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • No, it's terrible!

Votes: 5 4.2%

• Total voters

Saukrateaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
So far its been working fine for me. I would expect an 80% success rate when using it to be acceptable in for me, but have yet to have a single failure. If it gets too frustrating I'll just switch it to the passcode.

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
The only time I have an issue is if my finger was wet and I did not dry it properly. Otherwise, Touch ID works for 100% of the time. I make sure to keep my hands moisturized during this time of year, so that might be why I am not experiencing any of the failures that other users are.

I also have never had to redo the Touch ID to make it work. To me it baffles me how there can be so many different experiences with one feature. You would think it would be more consistent.

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have sweaty palms (and living in a tropical country with summer all year round doesn't help either), so I just use a simple passcode (e.g. 6666) for simplicity, given that crime rates in my country are pretty low (really, lol.).
I do occasionally change it, if that helps?

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't recall ever having to enter my pass code because Touch ID failed to work. It won't read sometimes due to wet fingers, but drying them takes care of that. Very convenient it is.

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
It has its good days and it's bad days. After a while it seems just retraining all my saved fingerprints helps it kick back into gear. It is definitely an awesome new tech. But I think it has a way to go.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234