I never understood why they even have these discounts (i.e. $41 off an iPad with Retina)? It seems so minor and not even worth it to advertise. Seems like other competitors do a lot better in trying to provide a better savings for their customers. What are your thoughts?
    Last edited by offdahglass; 11-25-2013 at 11:41 PM.
    11-25-2013 11:58 AM
    Is that from Target or Walmart or another retailer?

#Naked Tuesday
    11-25-2013 12:01 PM
    Because they can... they don't have to...
    11-25-2013 12:04 PM
    Because they can... they don't have to...
    As well as they shouldn't! That's just ridiculous.
    11-25-2013 12:11 PM
    We don't have Black Friday here in France.

But last year, there was a similar event from a private reseller, which allowed me to get 10% off any Apple product, except iPhones.
    I don't know about official Apple Store though, none is to be seen near where I am.
    11-25-2013 12:12 PM
    Are you really complaining about a break in price? Seriously?
    ame and Rocket_Girl like this.
    11-25-2013 12:15 PM
    Are you really complaining about a break in price? Seriously?
    That's really not a break and yes, Jake- I am complaining. Apple can do better than that.
    11-25-2013 12:19 PM
    Is that from Target or Walmart or another retailer?

#Naked Tuesday
    It's from Apple themselves. The other retailers you mentioned will give a better price break. Ain't that something?? lol
    11-25-2013 12:22 PM
    The other retailers you mentioned will give a better price break. Ain't that something?? lol
    Not really. It's the way of mass retailing. They'll often discount highly desirable merchandise to get people in the door that will hopefully buy other things that aren't discounted... SS,DD - same stuff, different day.
    taz323 likes this.
    11-25-2013 12:29 PM
    Well Apple gets paid regardless. I don't believe they are in competition with target and walmart.

#Naked Tuesday
    nikkisharif likes this.
    11-25-2013 12:34 PM
    Well Apple gets paid regardless. I don't believe they are in competition with target and walmart.

#Naked Tuesday
    Agreed!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    11-25-2013 01:34 PM
    I agree, I don't see the point of advertising something so minor, but it's a deal to someone who has to pay high taxes. Black Friday is just an excuse to put items on sale for any retailer though.

I happen to like Apple during tax free day more.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    11-25-2013 03:06 PM
    Giving a discount to their customer's is ridiculous because it's not a massive discount?

Entitlement much?
    11-25-2013 06:19 PM
    Giving a discount to their customer's is ridiculous because it's not a massive discount?

Entitlement much?
    Very much so! Btw I never said a "massive" discount. Let it be a meaningful discount and not something minuscule.
    11-25-2013 06:46 PM
    let me guess... you're cheap

if you can't afford it full price, then take your business elsewhere.

no where has to run black friday prices, at least its better than nothing. stop being so cheap.
    Xm_jdm likes this.
    11-25-2013 06:58 PM
    Apple doesn't need to. They have such a great consume perception and they don't need to lower their prices. I'm not saying that other manufacturers need to lower their prices to move merchandise, but Apple just has that...well...special Apple thing. They're Apple. Any price lowering for them is a special occasion. Why do you think that the iPhone is about the only phone that's price never drops until the new model comes out? Well, they're Apple! Same principle applies. Either buy the device and save a few bucks or don't. Your choice.
    Rocket_Girl likes this.
    11-25-2013 07:56 PM
    Very much so! Btw I never said a "massive" discount. Let it be a meaningful discount and not something minuscule.
    I get it. It's like leaving a .50 tip on a $50 restaurant bill. Yes, it's nice to get a tip and you don't have to tip 50% but such a small tip could be taken as an insult.
    offdahglass likes this.
    11-25-2013 08:18 PM
    I get it. It's like leaving a .50 tip on a $50 restaurant bill. Yes, it's nice to get a tip and you don't have to tip 50% but such a small tip could be taken as an insult.
    But think of it as a European restaurant. The tip is included in the bill. Plus the waiter is already making decent money and is waiting plenty of tables. They don't need to rely on that tip when they do business.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    11-25-2013 08:26 PM
    A discount? Me having to pay less? Absurd!

I'll gladly take that 41 dollars! It'll add up quickly!
    11-25-2013 09:06 PM
    People will buy apple regardless of Black Friday and retailers are not even dropping the price they are offering 100 gift card if you buy one ..
    If apple dropped the price for a event like Black Friday it says a lot more about there product by not off loading it cheap.

Most things that have price cuts like 32 inch tv for 98 bucks are special models made cheap to sell at that price .. For example .. Only 1 hdmi port .. Lack of features etc.

If you want a cheap tablet I think walmart is selling the Leap pad for 40 bucks !
    jsntrenkler and nikkisharif like this.
    11-25-2013 09:27 PM
    Bingo! Unfortunately, everyone else in here will take whatever crumbs Apple throws their way and defend that ludicrous promotion to the fullest. I'll applaud Apple on many other things and subjects but this is definitely not one of them at all.
    11-25-2013 11:39 PM
    Bingo! Unfortunately, everyone else in here will take whatever crumbs Apple throws their way and defend that ludicrous promotion to the fullest. I'll applaud Apple on many other things and subjects but this is definitely not one of them at all.
    No one said you should applaud them. The fact of the matter is Apple or any other manufacturer/retailer doesn't have to give any discount at all. They could just ignore Black Friday all together and just sell everything at regular price. I got $1500 off my $30,000 Jeep because of the vehicle I chose...was I suppose to be mad because it wasn't a huge discount? No. I was happy because I planned on paying the full 30 but I walked out with extra money in my pocket. So if I go to an Apple Store expecting to pay $399 but I'm only paying $358, that's $41 more dollars I can put towards something else.

Maybe I feel this way because a lot of items I buy don't usually go on sale.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    11-26-2013 02:02 AM

No. I'm not applauding it. I'm saying that Apple doesn't need to lower their prices all that much. They are in a position to decide that. Obviously I would like more of a discount, but it's understandable why Apple doesn't drop prices all that much. People will still buy the product regardless, and Apple is making the most of that.
    11-26-2013 06:11 AM
    I never understood why they even have these discounts (i.e. $41 off an iPad with Retina)? It seems so minor and not even worth it to advertise. Seems like other competitors do a lot better in trying to provide a better savings for their customers. What are your thoughts?
    By the way, you quote $41 off an iPad Retina. What model are you specifically talking about?
    For what info you give, it can be from 4 to 10% so it's not really accurate.

10% is a really good reduction in my opinion.
    11-26-2013 06:20 AM
    I have no expectation that any retailer will give me any discount.
    Fit24 and nikkisharif like this.
    11-26-2013 07:45 AM
46 12