Is it advisable to carry the iPhone 5s nude?

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Do you have any pictures to share .....I luv pictures ...SMILE

Went back to the Apple leather case. Didn't like the screen protector. Was getting difficult to type on. And I didn't like that the case was so difficult to take off.

Sent from my iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Went back to the Apple leather case. Didn't like the screen protector. Was getting difficult to type on. And I didn't like that the case was so difficult to take off.

Well, one thing for sure, there are a lot of cases to choose from....SMILE

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Well, one thing for sure, there are a lot of cases to choose from....SMILE

There are. Seems like millions of them. Makes it difficult to choose. But I really like my Apple leather case. The feel of it is great. I had a couple of scuffs a few weeks ago but they have disappeared now.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
There are. Seems like millions of them. Makes it difficult to choose. But I really like my Apple leather case. The feel of it is great. I had a couple of scuffs a few weeks ago but they have disappeared now.

Yeah, I have three that I really like, the Gold Spigen Tech Armor, the LUVVITT Crystal Clear with clear bumper case and the Jisoncase (side flip leather) for the professional look....I'm satisfied for now. Also "naked" every once in a while...SMILE

thormariusp

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I actually like using the phone better without clothes, but phones today (especially the iPhone) is not cheap. A cover is a simple and cheap way to keep it safer. I sell phones everyday, and I always recommend protection, optimally both a casing and a screen protector. If I had a dollar for every customer that has walked into my store with a broken iPhone, asking how much it would cost to fix it, I would be quite wealthy. The next problem for me personally is to find the "perfect" one, which protects but reduces the joy of using the phone as little as possible (protective, but not too big). I actually purchased the 5S yesterday, and with it, I bought the original casing for it. Yes, it is more expensive than the others, but the quality is top notch and it feels nice in my hand.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I actually like using the phone better without clothes, but phones today (especially the iPhone) is not cheap. A cover is a simple and cheap way to keep it safer. I sell phones everyday, and I always recommend protection, optimally both a casing and a screen protector. If I had a dollar for every customer that has walked into my store with a broken iPhone, asking how much it would cost to fix it, I would be quite wealthy. The next problem for me personally is to find the "perfect" one, which protects but reduces the joy of using the phone as little as possible (protective, but not too big). I actually purchased the 5S yesterday, and with it, I bought the original casing for it. Yes, it is more expensive than the others, but the quality is top notch and it feels nice in my hand.

Do screen protectors damage the oleophobic coating on the screen?

thormariusp

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Do screen protectors damage the oleophobic coating on the screen?

There are different kinds of screen protectors, and people seem to have different opinions about which is the best. They all protect against scratches, and can also help avoid the screen breaking by keeping the glass layer together on impact. Most screen protectors, if applied correctly (and more or less perfectly) is actually not noticeable. Of course, there are exceptions, like ZAGG invisibleSHIELD, which supposedly protects very well, but kind of changes how the screen feels. Belkin's TrueClear Anti-Smudge screen protectors actually works pretty well, but is highly noticable and simply makes the screen look uglier.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
There are different kinds of screen protectors, and people seem to have different opinions about which is the best. They all protect against scratches, and can also help avoid the screen breaking by keeping the glass layer together on impact. Most screen protectors, if applied correctly (and more or less perfectly) is actually not noticeable. Of course, there are exceptions, like ZAGG invisibleSHIELD, which supposedly protects very well, but kind of changes how the screen feels. Belkin's TrueClear Anti-Smudge screen protectors actually works pretty well, but is highly noticable and simply makes the screen look uglier.

I feel that the new and improved Zagg invisible shield HD, feels a lot like glass, but in reality no screen protector is going to be like glass unless it is glass. When I have removed the screen protectors in the past, there was no damage to the screen

Last edited:

thormariusp

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I feel that the new and improved Zagg invisible shield HD, feels a lot like glass, but in reality no screen protector is going to be like glass unless it is glass
That might be. I haven't seen the new Zagg ones, as I've mostly been selling Copter screen protectors recently.
And no, it's not going to be glass, but personally, with a regular, plastic screen protector, I can't feel any difference myself. After all, it is just a thin layer on top of the glass.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
That might be. I haven't seen the new Zagg ones, as I've mostly been selling Copter screen protectors recently.
And no, it's not going to be glass, but personally, with a regular, plastic screen protector, I can't feel any difference myself. After all, it is just a thin layer on top of the glass.

I use to have a Zagg Screen protector (the old one) on my PlayBook, but I got tired of the "orange peel" effect so I removed it and just haven't gotten around to putting a NEW Zagg HD on it, but it's always in the case so no rush. I don't use it like a smartphone

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2