Is it advisable to carry the iPhone 5s nude?

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I've been skating on thin ice lately. I haven't used a case for a week now and boy am I cautious. I haven't placed my phone on any raw surface, it belongs in the pockets with nothing else in them. I think I'll go back to my case tomorrow lol.

LadiJae

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I just got mines Friday.
I don't really want to use a case on it, but I'm sure I'll need to get one eventually

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold on Tapatalk

nyry

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Something to consider OP-

If you like the feel of your phone, but dont like cases and still want some level of protection, try getting a bumper case for your phone! It is not obtrusive to the feel of the phone, and it still protects your phone from falls fairly well :)

vincie76

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I've been going nude since the 5 and half of the time with my 4s. I was a case geek once and i couldn't settle with a specific case, was also spendin a lot on cases til my wife told me to try it nude. When i did, it felt really nice and like "new" so i stopped using cases ever since

I finally decided to get nude with my iphone 5s. Ive been spending for cases and i cant settle for one. Now my wife is happy. 😄

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Just a suggestion, NEVER ever...ever, EVER go outside without protection, and keep the one in the wallet as well........SMILE

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
This thread inspired me to try using my phone naked more often. I have to admit, I'm enjoying it. While I do feel like my phone is more vulnerable, I enjoy the sleek, light form in all its naked glory.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
My phone was naked for about 2 days and I couldn't handle it. Was too afraid to put it on any table comfortably. So I got my red apple leather case and put it back on there. :/ so long naked iPhone for now.

jasonprice

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Im always torn between a case or no case. I hate covering up such a beautiful device, but it IS a $700 cell phone. Usually during the work week I'll leave the case on it, and take it off on the weekend.

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Im always torn between a case or no case. I hate covering up such a beautiful device, but it IS a $700 cell phone. Usually during the work week I'll leave the case on it, and take it off on the weekend.
Naked on the weekend... sounds interesting. :D

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I rarely carry mine with a case. 90% of the time my 5S is nude, the other 10% is when it's inside an Otterbox Armor case.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I rarely carry mine with a case. 90% of the time my 5S is nude, the other 10% is when it's inside an Otterbox Armor case.

That's a huge change. But to answer the OP's question, going naked is awesome until you drop your phone and you get scuffs, dings, and/or scratches. You will never look at your iPhone the same afterward. Some people can get over this. But others like myself never will. In the end, it wasn't worth not having a case.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums mobile app

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Put a case on it I dropped my iPhone 5 broke the screen and I was too cheap to get insurance
I had to pay a lot of money to fix that screen now that I got the 5s (gold) I putting cases and covers over it like its no tomorrow

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I've decided to try the LUVVITT Crystal Clear Case with Clear TPU bumper (for everyday use) so that I can still show off the GOLD....SMILE

LadiJae

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I didn't really want a car , but I just needed something for grip, but not ugly. And yes you see none of my gold, but oh well! They all do the same thing ! I got this from amazonImageUploadedByTapatalk1386990149.390396.jpg

~ Sent from my Sexy iPhone 5s Gold on Tapatalk ~

elvisx77

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I highly recommend not to go naked with your iPhone 5 or 5S though it's sexy. I'm using spigen tough armer with my iPhone 5 and it adds a nice high tech look to the phone plus safety of course. Dropped several times but not even a small scratch.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums mobile app