Is it advisable to carry the iPhone 5s nude?

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I agree with John, all questions are encouraged regardless if they have been asked before.
This is not just a matter of a question being asked before, or people not being able to do a simple search, or at the very least having a shred of common sense to figure out "should I protect my investment" or "should I roll the dice and take a risk", But a subject matter that for years has been asked & discussed to the point of ad nauseam ..
There really does come a point in time where questions become such common place that they no longer need to be asked by anyone over the age 5. One example of this that comes to mind is 2+2=4. Another example would of course would be " Is it advisable to carry the iPhone 5s nude?"
Now here I am befuddled & in amazement that some how I'm the bad guy for simply pointing this out... :rolleyes:

wamsille

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
@Not Quite Right

Not many people know this, but I happen to be quite famous ...

These guys told me you were infamous

tumblr_lhyso0S4Iw1qzl7y6o1_500.gif

ngc

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I bought the Apple iPhone 5s case in black to go with my iPhone 5s Space Gray, its kinda pricey (40$) but let me tell its worth very peny!!!

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I've had a few drops of my phone that would have caused some dents if it weren't for a case.
But a case is a accessory not a necessity.
It can protect and change the look temporarily. Just something to go along with the phone.
I would think there are more folks that use a case than not. The proof is in the case business.

#Naked Tuesday

TiredOfPhoneWar

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I think i remember you , you are the one with sony xperia right?:) im glad youre getting iphone finally,about the question my advise is to have a case ,take your time to choose it,maybe one day if you wanna sell it,it will be in a good condition

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
It's not that you pointed out the obvious, it's the way you went about it...
Correct you are Keith ... I should know better than to make fun of people, but some just make it so damn easy. Combine that with my ultra-low threshold for idiocy and well you get the picture ...From this point forward I promise to quietly sit here with my hands folded in front of me.

iPerry7

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Err, guys , OP here :) maybe you guys missed my earlier post. I ordered a Rearth Ringke slim Matt black case for my iphone off ebay. It's minimalist but will offer some protection. Of course , if I don't find it satisfactory I ll just order a spigen case :) thanks for all your opinions and advice.

Ricky Ramadhan

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Err, guys , OP here :) maybe you guys missed my earlier post. I ordered a Rearth Ringke slim Matt black case for my iphone off ebay. It's minimalist but will offer some protection. Of course , if I don't find it satisfactory I ll just order a spigen case :) thanks for all your opinions and advice.

You make a nice decision ;)
Case is made to avoid your nice iphone from dent or scratch. Not cover your iphone because to much scratch :D

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The HTC One is durable, but those surface scratches and scuffs you get from regular everyday use add up over time. I went caseless on my HTC One for about a week, then I put back in one. Did HTC go out of their way to design a visually appealing device? Yes. But that won't make it durable for everyone.

Apple's shell case gives my phone a contrasting texture to it that makes it easier to grip. I can also move it across my desk by sliding it and get little to no drag. I have a little peace of mind knowing it won't necessarily snag on an exposed part of the phone based on how it rests on a flat service.

Yeah it's also a compromise between the two, largely because of the phones being a scratchable metal unibody, but then again I have seen a fair share of Samsung plastic getting scratched up into a mess enough to want a case on those phones too...

I think it just comes with the territory... Buy a phone, buy a case along with it or risk it looking like crap.

abazigal

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I dropped my iPhone 5s for the first time last week. It hit the parquet floor at about waist height (wanted to stuff it into my jeans pocket, guess I missed), bounced and fell again. No noticeable damage. I guess I got lucky there.

Nope, I still won't use a case. I simply love the sleek metallic feel of the phone and won't trade it for anything in the world :p

wamsille

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Yeah it's also a compromise between the two, largely because of the phones being a scratchable metal unibody, but then again I have seen a fair share of Samsung plastic getting scratched up into a mess enough to want a case on those phones too...

I think it just comes with the territory... Buy a phone, buy a case along with it or risk it looking like crap.

In my honest opinion the iPhone 5S seems to be fairing better without a case than my HTC One did. I abuse phones, but my difference of abuse could be outright torture to others, or everyday usage to another subset of users. People sometimes say the scratches could add character to a device but honestly they irk the expletive deleted out of me, especially if I didn't put them there. I don't know what it is, but I am more accepting of blemishes if I know it is due in part to my own stupidity. You couldn't tell at the time, though!

I'd rather have scratch than a dent, but that is coming from owning a 1020 where the polycarbonate would just dimple up with drops.

ScottyBoy_22

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I took my one out of its Apple Leather case yesterday for a while, and it just felt so much nicer in my hand. I wish I was brave enough to go naked.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I agree totally why the HTC One would suffer without a case. It does this weird rocking on the back curve because it's apparently shaped to fit in your hand nicely while typing.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I personally have a case on my 5S to add some thickness and a bit of weight. But it's your personal preference what you want to do.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S iPhone using Tapatalk

DarkBlade_95

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Well I ordered the Rearth Ringke slim case for my 5S. It's a very minimalist case. Should offer some protection. :)

Good decision. I carried my white iPhone 5 fully nude last year. While the screen never cracked, the phone is horribly dented, the aluminium is horribly marred and the screen...well, I think it doesn't even have an oleophobic coating anymore.

This time, I just got myself Apple's leather case (black). The phone still looks as classy as ever and the soft leather is a pleasure to hold. It also has protection against various dents and scratches, and I can look at my nice and clean phone whenever I pull it out of the case.

About your case...does it come with a screen protector? If not, get yourself a Spigen GLAS.tR like so many others have suggested. Just placed an order for mine, heard it offers pretty durable protection against face-first drops.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

iPerry7

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Good decision. I carried my white iPhone 5 fully nude last year. While the screen never cracked, the phone is horribly dented, the aluminium is horribly marred and the screen...well, I think it doesn't even have an oleophobic coating anymore.

This time, I just got myself Apple's leather case (black). The phone still looks as classy as ever and the soft leather is a pleasure to hold. It also has protection against various dents and scratches, and I can look at my nice and clean phone whenever I pull it out of the case.

About your case...does it come with a screen protector? If not, get yourself a Spigen GLAS.tR like so many others have suggested. Just placed an order for mine, heard it offers pretty durable protection against face-first drops.

No , there is no screen protector with this. It offers bare minimum protection against scratches. I think since the iPhone has a gorilla glass screen a screen protector is not necessary. It may interfere with the touch response.

DarkBlade_95

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
No , there is no screen protector with this. It offers bare minimum protection against scratches. I think since the iPhone has a gorilla glass screen a screen protector is not necessary. It may interfere with the touch response.

The GLAS.tR is made out of glass, so I think it should prevent loss in touch sensitivity.

And yeah...about that Gorilla Glass screen, its oleophobic coating scratches like crazy. This is my second iPhone, my previous one had pretty deep scratches and this one has a few surface scratches already.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro