Is it advisable to carry the iPhone 5s nude?

anon(8221395)

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I personally won't. I have the Spigen SPG Ultra Thin Air case and Power Support Anti-glare screen protector on my iPhone 5S.

Does that case have enough lip around the front so that when you lay your phone facedown the screen isn't touching the surface of the table?

Ricky Ramadhan

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
iphone 5s look amazing when nude.
But don't you scare if you got your first scratch?
I use bumper with rubber between the bezel and bumper
I use OEM product, I know apple accessoris so expesnsive.
But don't let it nude

jefftam68

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Apple spends a pile of cash engineering new materials to make their phones look amazing, and you spend a pile of cash paying for it. Why would anyone go out and buy such a device and just cover it up? I don't get it?? You go out and buy a $5000 suit, and then keep your coat on so you don't spill on it. You buy a fancy car, but then keep it in the garage so you don't get bumped at the mall. Like what's the use?? Do you ever take the case off so you can show how great the phone looks? Are you just looking for resale value to stay high so that the next guy can have a good looking phone while you just have a phone with a case on it? For all the iphone users I see, I rarely see one without a case. Why doesn't Apple just use plastic cases instead of fancy metal ones. Like what's the difference since you're just going to hide it anyways. Then it would be 'the lightest iPhone ever', and they'll sell millions.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Congratulations on being the 1 millionth person to ask this question ...

Every user is given the right on the forums to ask a question. Whether it has been asked already or not..

Please use a little more respect in the future when commenting on another ones thread.

Thanks

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Every user is given the right on the forums to ask a question. Whether it has been asked already or not..

Please use a little more respect in the future when commenting on another ones thread.

Thanks
Au Contrair, I think that it's you that could show a little bit more respect for members that were simply voicing their opinion on the redundancy of a subject matter that has been completely, and utterly exhausted to the point that no further resolve could possibly be obtained through discussion. Instead you feel it necessary to penalize a member in a excessive manner that in no way shape , or form fits the alleged crime ...
I hope you feel real good about this.

wbkm85

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
i use mine without a case all the time

most cases are ugly and bulky. even the "thin" ones. looks really cheap if you use a case all the time

phone is way too nice to be covered up; just do better with how you handle things.

Blue Shift

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Might have the space gray version of iPhone 5s. I have searched for the perfect case high and low but I find them either too expensive or unavailable in my country. I was wondering if it is advisable to carry my phone without a case? Is anyone doing this? What kind of damage can be expected due to normal day to day usage? What precautions can I take to keep my phone in mint condition ? It would be great if someone who Castries his or her phone without a case could advise. Others are welcome too. Thank you :)

Well, I would avoid putting it in a pocket with keys, change or pretty much anything else for that matter. Which won't be a problem if you're carrying your iPhone nude, since you won't have pockets.

Oofa

May 25, 2013
Visit site
On a side note....... wouldn't it be great if phone manufacturers made phones that were totally scratch resistant instead of consumers having to buy cases and screen protectors? The technology is there but you won't find a phone that does not scratch, ding or dent. Or at least every phone should come with a case and screen protector.

Edmilan

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I've been going nude since the 5 and half of the time with my 4s. I was a case geek once and i couldn't settle with a specific case, was also spendin a lot on cases til my wife told me to try it nude. When i did, it felt really nice and like "new" so i stopped using cases ever since

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Au Contrair, I think that it's you that could show a little bit more respect for members that were simply voicing their opinion on the redundancy of a subject matter that has been completely, and utterly exhausted to the point that no further resolve could possibly be obtained through discussion. Instead you feel it necessary to penalize a member in a excessive manner that in no way shape , or form fits the alleged crime ...
I hope you feel real good about this.

I agree with John, all questions are encouraged regardless if they have been asked before.

wamsille

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
To case or not to case, that is the question.

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer casless
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune
Or to take arms in a Lifeproof against a sea of troubles,

I have three cases:

Lifeproof - $80 retail
Apple shell case - $40 retail
Otterbox Commuter - $40 retail

Yes, I bought all of them within a week of purchase of the 5S. I only use the shell case from Apple and even then it won't protect against everything that could happen to the phone. The case, if anything, protects from mild surface scratches that could happen to the phone when not in use.

To each his own.

Edit:

Longevity versus Condition

If your plan is to keep your iPhone for 12 months to 2 years and either trade-in or sell the device to offset the purchase of a new iPhone, a case will preserve its physical condition. What it can't or won't do, however, it assure you that the device will last any longer than a phone without a case.

Take a phone in a standard case (sans water/dust/scratch/impact) resistance you can find in a common retailer against a phone without a case and submerge them both in water for 30 minutes. Take them out, "rice" them for 24-48 hours and attempt to use them. Depending on your "luck" and where water was able to enter the submerged device after 30 minutes, both devices probably won't work / work at 100%.

Just because an iPhone appears to be in better condition does not mean that it is in better condition. This is why you cannot judge a book by its cover.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I already have a deep fear of getting my pure aluminum back of my HTC One scratched up, I can't imagine what I would do to make sure a gold iPhone 5S wouldn't be scratched up. Just too precious in my opinion.

wamsille

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I already have a deep fear of getting my pure aluminum back of my HTC One scratched up, I can't imagine what I would do to make sure a gold iPhone 5S wouldn't be scratched up. Just too precious in my opinion.

The HTC One is durable, but those surface scratches and scuffs you get from regular everyday use add up over time. I went caseless on my HTC One for about a week, then I put back in one. Did HTC go out of their way to design a visually appealing device? Yes. But that won't make it durable for everyone.

Apple's shell case gives my phone a contrasting texture to it that makes it easier to grip. I can also move it across my desk by sliding it and get little to no drag. I have a little peace of mind knowing it won't necessarily snag on an exposed part of the phone based on how it rests on a flat service.