Err, guys , OP here maybe you guys missed my earlier post. I ordered a Rearth Ringke slim Matt black case for my iphone off ebay. It's minimalist but will offer some protection. Of course , if I don't find it satisfactory I ll just order a spigen case thanks for all your opinions and advice.
    You make a nice decision
    Case is made to avoid your nice iphone from dent or scratch. Not cover your iphone because to much scratch
    iPerry7 likes this.
    11-27-2013 04:05 AM
    The HTC One is durable, but those surface scratches and scuffs you get from regular everyday use add up over time. I went caseless on my HTC One for about a week, then I put back in one. Did HTC go out of their way to design a visually appealing device? Yes. But that won't make it durable for everyone.

Apple's shell case gives my phone a contrasting texture to it that makes it easier to grip. I can also move it across my desk by sliding it and get little to no drag. I have a little peace of mind knowing it won't necessarily snag on an exposed part of the phone based on how it rests on a flat service.
    Yeah it's also a compromise between the two, largely because of the phones being a scratchable metal unibody, but then again I have seen a fair share of Samsung plastic getting scratched up into a mess enough to want a case on those phones too...

I think it just comes with the territory... Buy a phone, buy a case along with it or risk it looking like crap.
    11-27-2013 05:19 AM
    I dropped my iPhone 5s for the first time last week. It hit the parquet floor at about waist height (wanted to stuff it into my jeans pocket, guess I missed), bounced and fell again. No noticeable damage. I guess I got lucky there.

Nope, I still won't use a case. I simply love the sleek metallic feel of the phone and won't trade it for anything in the world :P
    vincie76 likes this.
    11-27-2013 09:23 AM
    Yeah it's also a compromise between the two, largely because of the phones being a scratchable metal unibody, but then again I have seen a fair share of Samsung plastic getting scratched up into a mess enough to want a case on those phones too...

I think it just comes with the territory... Buy a phone, buy a case along with it or risk it looking like crap.
    In my honest opinion the iPhone 5S seems to be fairing better without a case than my HTC One did. I abuse phones, but my difference of abuse could be outright torture to others, or everyday usage to another subset of users. People sometimes say the scratches could add character to a device but honestly they irk the expletive deleted out of me, especially if I didn't put them there. I don't know what it is, but I am more accepting of blemishes if I know it is due in part to my own stupidity. You couldn't tell at the time, though!

I'd rather have scratch than a dent, but that is coming from owning a 1020 where the polycarbonate would just dimple up with drops.
    11-27-2013 09:54 AM
    I have a iPhone 5 and it's never seen a case. I hate cases on these gorgeous devices.
    11-27-2013 06:39 PM
    I took my one out of its Apple Leather case yesterday for a while, and it just felt so much nicer in my hand. I wish I was brave enough to go naked.
    Sekelani Zwambila likes this.
    11-29-2013 06:46 AM
    I agree totally why the HTC One would suffer without a case. It does this weird rocking on the back curve because it's apparently shaped to fit in your hand nicely while typing.
    11-29-2013 07:28 AM
    I personally have a case on my 5S to add some thickness and a bit of weight. But it's your personal preference what you want to do.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-29-2013 08:15 AM
    Well I ordered the Rearth Ringke slim case for my 5S. It's a very minimalist case. Should offer some protection.
    Good decision. I carried my white iPhone 5 fully nude last year. While the screen never cracked, the phone is horribly dented, the aluminium is horribly marred and the screen...well, I think it doesn't even have an oleophobic coating anymore.

This time, I just got myself Apple's leather case (black). The phone still looks as classy as ever and the soft leather is a pleasure to hold. It also has protection against various dents and scratches, and I can look at my nice and clean phone whenever I pull it out of the case.

About your case...does it come with a screen protector? If not, get yourself a Spigen GLAS.tR like so many others have suggested. Just placed an order for mine, heard it offers pretty durable protection against face-first drops.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    iPerry7 likes this.
    11-29-2013 11:48 AM
    Good decision. I carried my white iPhone 5 fully nude last year. While the screen never cracked, the phone is horribly dented, the aluminium is horribly marred and the screen...well, I think it doesn't even have an oleophobic coating anymore.

This time, I just got myself Apple's leather case (black). The phone still looks as classy as ever and the soft leather is a pleasure to hold. It also has protection against various dents and scratches, and I can look at my nice and clean phone whenever I pull it out of the case.

About your case...does it come with a screen protector? If not, get yourself a Spigen GLAS.tR like so many others have suggested. Just placed an order for mine, heard it offers pretty durable protection against face-first drops.

No , there is no screen protector with this. It offers bare minimum protection against scratches. I think since the iPhone has a gorilla glass screen a screen protector is not necessary. It may interfere with the touch response.
    11-29-2013 11:53 AM
    No , there is no screen protector with this. It offers bare minimum protection against scratches. I think since the iPhone has a gorilla glass screen a screen protector is not necessary. It may interfere with the touch response.
    The GLAS.tR is made out of glass, so I think it should prevent loss in touch sensitivity.

And yeah...about that Gorilla Glass screen, its oleophobic coating scratches like crazy. This is my second iPhone, my previous one had pretty deep scratches and this one has a few surface scratches already.

iPerry7 likes this.
    11-29-2013 12:14 PM
    I've been skating on thin ice lately. I haven't used a case for a week now and boy am I cautious. I haven't placed my phone on any raw surface, it belongs in the pockets with nothing else in them. I think I'll go back to my case tomorrow lol.
    12-02-2013 05:57 AM
    I just got mines Friday.
    I don't really want to use a case on it, but I'm sure I'll need to get one eventually

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold on Tapatalk
    12-02-2013 09:08 AM
    Something to consider OP-

If you like the feel of your phone, but dont like cases and still want some level of protection, try getting a bumper case for your phone! It is not obtrusive to the feel of the phone, and it still protects your phone from falls fairly well
    iPerry7 likes this.
    12-04-2013 02:53 AM
    I've been going nude since the 5 and half of the time with my 4s. I was a case geek once and i couldn't settle with a specific case, was also spendin a lot on cases til my wife told me to try it nude. When i did, it felt really nice and like "new" so i stopped using cases ever since
    I finally decided to get nude with my iphone 5s. Ive been spending for cases and i cant settle for one. Now my wife is happy. 😄
    12-04-2013 10:59 AM
    Just a suggestion, NEVER ever...ever, EVER go outside without protection, and keep the one in the wallet as well........SMILE
    12-04-2013 11:03 AM
    This thread inspired me to try using my phone naked more often. I have to admit, I'm enjoying it. While I do feel like my phone is more vulnerable, I enjoy the sleek, light form in all its naked glory.
    vincie76, iPerry7, LadiJae and 1 others like this.
    12-04-2013 03:04 PM
    I'm only naked at home. lol. (outside I'm not brave enough)
    12-05-2013 07:17 PM
    My phone was naked for about 2 days and I couldn't handle it. Was too afraid to put it on any table comfortably. So I got my red apple leather case and put it back on there. :/ so long naked iPhone for now.
    12-05-2013 08:22 PM
    I swear this phone is too fragile at times.
    12-06-2013 09:48 PM
    Im always torn between a case or no case. I hate covering up such a beautiful device, but it IS a $700 cell phone. Usually during the work week I'll leave the case on it, and take it off on the weekend.
    12-06-2013 09:48 PM
    Im always torn between a case or no case. I hate covering up such a beautiful device, but it IS a $700 cell phone. Usually during the work week I'll leave the case on it, and take it off on the weekend.
    Naked on the weekend... sounds interesting.
    12-07-2013 10:11 AM
    Is it advisable to carry the iPhone 5s nude?
    I’m gonna say no. When you’re nude, you have no pockets in which you can carry/hide the phone...
    dkhmwilliams likes this.
    12-07-2013 10:54 AM
    Im gonna say no. When youre nude, you have no pockets in which you can carry/hide the phone...
    Well technically you have places it could be stored but that would probably void the warranty
    Fausty82 likes this.
    12-07-2013 06:21 PM
    Well technically you have places it could be stored but that would probably void the warranty…
    Eewwwwww. Thanks for that mental image.
    12-07-2013 06:26 PM
115 12345