Every user is given the right on the forums to ask a question. Whether it has been asked already or not..

Please use a little more respect in the future when commenting on another ones thread.

Thanks
    Au Contrair, I think that it's you that could show a little bit more respect for members that were simply voicing their opinion on the redundancy of a subject matter that has been completely, and utterly exhausted to the point that no further resolve could possibly be obtained through discussion. Instead you feel it necessary to penalize a member in a excessive manner that in no way shape , or form fits the alleged crime ...
    I hope you feel real good about this.
    11-25-2013 11:18 AM
    advisable no, sexy yes. it's that simple.
    vincie76 and iPerry7 like this.
    11-25-2013 11:30 AM
    i use mine without a case all the time

most cases are ugly and bulky. even the "thin" ones. looks really cheap if you use a case all the time

phone is way too nice to be covered up; just do better with how you handle things.
    vincie76 and iPerry7 like this.
    11-25-2013 11:34 AM
    It is completely personal personal preference. I never used a case on any of my device nor a screen protector until I got the new Apple leather case with the 5S. Before that the cases never felt good to my hands. But I'm also extremely careful with the phone and also not OCD about it getting a tiny scuff here and there.
    iPerry7 likes this.
    11-25-2013 11:39 AM
    Might have the space gray version of iPhone 5s. I have searched for the perfect case high and low but I find them either too expensive or unavailable in my country. I was wondering if it is advisable to carry my phone without a case? Is anyone doing this? What kind of damage can be expected due to normal day to day usage? What precautions can I take to keep my phone in mint condition ? It would be great if someone who Castries his or her phone without a case could advise. Others are welcome too. Thank you
    Well, I would avoid putting it in a pocket with keys, change or pretty much anything else for that matter. Which won't be a problem if you're carrying your iPhone nude, since you won't have pockets.
    iPerry7 likes this.
    11-25-2013 04:08 PM
    Get a case bud. It increases longevity.
    Exactly how?
    11-25-2013 04:18 PM
    Exactly how?
    If you don't have a case, it prone to get damaged quicker. That's inevitable. Having a case decreases the chance of damage. It's common sense.
    11-25-2013 04:53 PM
    If you don't have a case, it prone to get damaged quicker. That's inevitable. Having a case decreases the chance of damage. It's common sense.
    Damage is one thing. Longevity is a whole other animal.
    11-25-2013 05:17 PM
    On a side note....... wouldn't it be great if phone manufacturers made phones that were totally scratch resistant instead of consumers having to buy cases and screen protectors? The technology is there but you won't find a phone that does not scratch, ding or dent. Or at least every phone should come with a case and screen protector.
    11-25-2013 08:10 PM
    I've been going nude since the 5 and half of the time with my 4s. I was a case geek once and i couldn't settle with a specific case, was also spendin a lot on cases til my wife told me to try it nude. When i did, it felt really nice and like "new" so i stopped using cases ever since
    iPerry7 likes this.
    11-26-2013 02:52 AM
    It's a choice, I choose to use one, even though I feel it takes away from the look of the iPhone.
    iPerry7 likes this.
    11-26-2013 04:53 AM
    Au Contrair, I think that it's you that could show a little bit more respect for members that were simply voicing their opinion on the redundancy of a subject matter that has been completely, and utterly exhausted to the point that no further resolve could possibly be obtained through discussion. Instead you feel it necessary to penalize a member in a excessive manner that in no way shape , or form fits the alleged crime ...
    I hope you feel real good about this.
    I agree with John, all questions are encouraged regardless if they have been asked before.
    iPerry7 likes this.
    11-26-2013 08:55 AM
    To case or not to case, that is the question.

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer casless
    The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune
    Or to take arms in a Lifeproof against a sea of troubles,

I have three cases:

Lifeproof - $80 retail
    Apple shell case - $40 retail
    Otterbox Commuter - $40 retail

Yes, I bought all of them within a week of purchase of the 5S. I only use the shell case from Apple and even then it won't protect against everything that could happen to the phone. The case, if anything, protects from mild surface scratches that could happen to the phone when not in use.

To each his own.

Edit:

Longevity versus Condition

If your plan is to keep your iPhone for 12 months to 2 years and either trade-in or sell the device to offset the purchase of a new iPhone, a case will preserve its physical condition. What it can't or won't do, however, it assure you that the device will last any longer than a phone without a case.

Take a phone in a standard case (sans water/dust/scratch/impact) resistance you can find in a common retailer against a phone without a case and submerge them both in water for 30 minutes. Take them out, "rice" them for 24-48 hours and attempt to use them. Depending on your "luck" and where water was able to enter the submerged device after 30 minutes, both devices probably won't work / work at 100%.

Just because an iPhone appears to be in better condition does not mean that it is in better condition. This is why you cannot judge a book by its cover.
    11-26-2013 10:16 AM
    I already have a deep fear of getting my pure aluminum back of my HTC One scratched up, I can't imagine what I would do to make sure a gold iPhone 5S wouldn't be scratched up. Just too precious in my opinion.
    11-26-2013 10:34 AM
    Well I ordered the Rearth Ringke slim case for my 5S. It's a very minimalist case. Should offer some protection.
    11-26-2013 12:31 PM
    I already have a deep fear of getting my pure aluminum back of my HTC One scratched up, I can't imagine what I would do to make sure a gold iPhone 5S wouldn't be scratched up. Just too precious in my opinion.
    The HTC One is durable, but those surface scratches and scuffs you get from regular everyday use add up over time. I went caseless on my HTC One for about a week, then I put back in one. Did HTC go out of their way to design a visually appealing device? Yes. But that won't make it durable for everyone.

Apple's shell case gives my phone a contrasting texture to it that makes it easier to grip. I can also move it across my desk by sliding it and get little to no drag. I have a little peace of mind knowing it won't necessarily snag on an exposed part of the phone based on how it rests on a flat service.
    11-26-2013 01:44 PM
    I agree with John, all questions are encouraged regardless if they have been asked before.
    This is not just a matter of a question being asked before, or people not being able to do a simple search, or at the very least having a shred of common sense to figure out "should I protect my investment" or "should I roll the dice and take a risk", But a subject matter that for years has been asked & discussed to the point of ad nauseam ..
    There really does come a point in time where questions become such common place that they no longer need to be asked by anyone over the age 5. One example of this that comes to mind is 2+2=4. Another example would of course would be " Is it advisable to carry the iPhone 5s nude?"
    Now here I am befuddled & in amazement that some how I'm the bad guy for simply pointing this out...
    BLiNK likes this.
    11-26-2013 03:00 PM
    Now here I am befuddled & in amazement that some how I'm the bad guy for simply pointing this out...
    It's not that you pointed out the obvious, it's the way you went about it...
    11-26-2013 03:08 PM
    @Not Quite Right

Not many people know this, but I happen to be quite famous ...

These guys told me you were infamous

Is it advisable to carry the iPhone 5s nude?-tumblr_lhyso0s4iw1qzl7y6o1_500.gif
    11-26-2013 03:50 PM
    I bought the Apple iPhone 5s case in black to go with my iPhone 5s Space Gray, its kinda pricey (40$) but let me tell its worth very peny!!!
    11-26-2013 03:59 PM
    I've had a few drops of my phone that would have caused some dents if it weren't for a case.
    But a case is a accessory not a necessity.
    It can protect and change the look temporarily. Just something to go along with the phone.
    I would think there are more folks that use a case than not. The proof is in the case business.

#Naked Tuesday
    11-26-2013 04:06 PM
    I think i remember you , you are the one with sony xperia right? im glad youre getting iphone finally,about the question my advise is to have a case ,take your time to choose it,maybe one day if you wanna sell it,it will be in a good condition
    iPerry7 likes this.
    11-26-2013 05:41 PM
    Here is cheap but very good Is it advisable to carry the iPhone 5s nude?-image.jpg
    11-26-2013 06:14 PM
    It's not that you pointed out the obvious, it's the way you went about it...
    Correct you are Keith ... I should know better than to make fun of people, but some just make it so damn easy. Combine that with my ultra-low threshold for idiocy and well you get the picture ...From this point forward I promise to quietly sit here with my hands folded in front of me.
    BLiNK, John Yester and jsntrenkler like this.
    11-26-2013 08:52 PM
    Err, guys , OP here maybe you guys missed my earlier post. I ordered a Rearth Ringke slim Matt black case for my iphone off ebay. It's minimalist but will offer some protection. Of course , if I don't find it satisfactory I ll just order a spigen case thanks for all your opinions and advice.
    11-27-2013 12:57 AM
115 1234 ...