When I use Siri to create a location based reminder, the reminder itself shows up in the reminders app but it doesn't complete the location based part of the reminder. I have to manually go in and complete that part. Otherwise the reminder notification never works. I even have the location in my contacts. I checked all of my settings and everything appears to be set up correctly. Anyone know how to fix this?
    11-22-2013 08:35 PM
    In iOS7, currently, location-based reminders won't fire if the Reminders app is explicitly terminated by the user. That is if the user removes it from the Multi-Tasking application list (brought up with a double-press of the Home button).

Also, Background App Refresh needs to be on for Reminders for location-based reminders to fire.

So, in order to have location-based reminders to work on iOS7, you need:

Reminders to be either in the foreground or in the background (after launching Reminders, you can press the Home button and use other apps)

The general switch under Settings > General > Background App Refresh set to ON

The Reminders switch under Settings > General > Background App Refresh set to ON
    11-22-2013 08:40 PM
    Also of interest:

"iOS: Force an app to close": http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5137

"Note:
    It's typically unnecessary to force an application to close unless the app is unresponsive. You can view all recently used apps by double-clicking the Home button. These apps are not open; they are in a suspended state.

Additional Information:
    If you close an app that has been configured to receive background notifications, it will no longer receive them until it has been reopened."

"iOS: Understanding multitasking": http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4211
    "If you close an app multitasking interface, it won't be able to refresh in the background.
    11-22-2013 08:45 PM
    In iOS7, currently, location-based reminders won't fire if the Reminders app is explicitly terminated by the user. That is if the user removes it from the Multi-Tasking application list (brought up with a double-press of the Home button).

Also, Background App Refresh needs to be on for Reminders for location-based reminders to fire.

So, in order to have location-based reminders to work on iOS7, you need:

Reminders to be either in the foreground or in the background (after launching Reminders, you can press the Home button and use other apps)

The general switch under Settings > General > Background App Refresh set to ON

The Reminders switch under Settings > General > Background App Refresh set to ON
    All of that is correct. And I never kill background apps. No real reason to. The location based reminders work fine if I manually enter them through the reminders app. But if I tell Siri to remind me to ..... when I arrive at ...., she will create the reminder but not the location aspects of the reminder. Therefore it doesn't work unless I physically go into that specific reminder and manually open it and add the location. And like I mentioned earlier, the location is in my address book.
    11-22-2013 09:11 PM
    I would then chalk it up as a bug.
    11-22-2013 09:14 PM
    I was hoping you wouldn't say that. Thanks!!
    11-22-2013 11:58 PM