What does everyone think of Touch ID after using it for a while now?

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I still think it's a great feature and rather innovative, but I don't use it when I'm at home. However, I'll be going to Atlantic City in a couple of weeks and I'm so thankful that I have TouchID now because it's perfect for the nightmare scenario of losing my phone while I'm there and having the combination of TouchID with a complex alphanumeric passcode as a backup gives me a great mix of peace of mind and ease of use that I wouldn't otherwise have. So I'm quite happy that I have it as a viable option.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I still find touch ID very useful! With my i5 and previous models I only set my PASSCODE to lock every 4 hours because I didn't feel like typing it in every time I picked up my phone. Which means my phone wasn't secure. Now that the only thing I have to do is hold my finger there and I'm in my phone, I couldn't be more happier. I'm protected during a stupid adventure and also from nosey friends.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

iPerry7

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I find it very useful not because I need to secure my phone but because it is the fastest method of unlocking the phone I have ever come across :) not to mention that it is very unobtrusive. I barely even notice it is there. That was what Apple was aiming for , technology that simply disappears.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Didn't care about it- didn't even set it up until a few weeks in.

Then I tried it. :love-struck::love-struck::love-struck:

Love it.

dalaen

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
It's frankly nice to hold your thumb on the Touch ID button and wait a fraction of second, thinking "now do your job". :)
Although I never bothered typing in my password on the screen, it's clearly more comfortable ! And it feels like precious technology.

Un bijou de technologie like we say here in France!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The same thing I felt the last few times people asked this question...still works flawlessly (now on my 3rd iPhone 5S) and still a very convenient security feature.

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Had it set up since day one and still loving it. If I wake my 5S up with the home button it's unlocked faster than I can even realize what's going on. Amazing.

steveh552

Trusted Member
Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
With my androids I liked keeping them locked but had to make a tasker profile to unlock the phone when plugged in, mainly for driving, did not want to take my eyes off the road, so this touch id is perfect for my needs, phone is always secure yet available when I need it without risking safety.

Sent from my iPhone 5s on Virgin Mobile using Tapatalk - now Free

duce3g

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Just two points about it

1. Every time the screen locks I have to use it or Passcode. When using touch id you can't time delay when you need a passcode.

2. I've gotten so use to it that it drives me crazy that my 5c and iPad mini doesn't have it.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
ive only had my iPhone 5s for almost a week and LOVE this feature...i never used to lock my phone because i couldnt be bothered with pass codes (just annoying). Now my device is secure and i dont have to think about it (only after i restart it). Now people at work/friends dont take my phone and play around as frequently...and my stuffs all secured. incredible.

wamsille

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I like that you can scan multiple fingerprints to the device, so I have my right thumb, left thumb and right index finger set up so I can easily unlock my device depending on how I'm using it.

My wife hates this feature by the way. She likes to look at my phone.

ght

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Greatest ****ing thing ever. Being forced into a 8-digit passcode and instant-lock by EAS server at work makes TouchID a lifesaver.

thejerryong

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
One thing I love with the 5S is the Touch ID. On my iPhone 4, I turned off my passcode cause I hate typing it every time I unlock my phone. With the Touch ID, it's always locked now. :) Plus when downloading new apps on the App Store, having Touch ID enabled is such an ease. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro